Draft Questions

JGleas

Draft Expert
Reaction score
Ask any questions about the draft you want here and I or silverbear will get back to you with an answer to the best of my knowledge.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
JGleas said:
Ask any questions you want here and I will get back to you with an answer to the best of my knowledge.

Okay.
What exactly makes a 16 year old like yourself an expert?

JGleas

Draft Expert
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
Okay.
What exactly makes a 16 year old like yourself an expert?
Im 15, and yes im a lil young, but you gotta admit, im doing a pretty good job with my site and such. All of our staff for the site is 18 or under except one and that is kastofsna. Myself and Rob play High School Football also, and the webmaster who is making our new site design is going to NDSU (North Dakota State Univeristy) but had the option to go several other top colleges such as Minnesota. You can be 5 years old and be an expert on something, so lets no start putting my age against me. Im not at the Scott Wright, Mel Kiper, or DJ Boyer ranks, but im trying my best.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
JGleas said:
Ask any questions you want here and I will get back to you with an answer to the best of my knowledge.

What does it feel like to graduate from high school?

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Fair enough.
Just understand that everyone on this board is an "expert" or at least thinks they are.
And I still can't figure out how/why this thread got the "sticky" treatment.

JGleas

Draft Expert
Reaction score
Nors said:
What are your thoughts on LB Alfred Fincher and RB Ryan Moates
10.RB Ryan Moats-Louisiana Tech 5-8 210 lbs. 4.49 Bench Reps:19
9.ILB Alfred Fincher-Connecticut 6-1 238 lbs. 4.67
Im acutally going to post my player bio I have for Ryan Moats. We are working on Player Bio's currently and you should see a new mock draft tommorow, position rankings saturday, and at least RB Profiles Sunday, maybe half of the WR Profiles.
Ryan Moats-Louisiana Tech 5-8 210 lbs. 4.49 Class: Junior Projected Round: Early 4th

Strengths: Has great elusiveness and is very athletic. Also, has very good power and can lay a stiff arm when needed. Is a hard worker and was very productive at LA Tech.

Weaknesses: Is undersized and has had injuries. Has good speed, but when you are only 5-8, 210 lbs. a 40 time under 4.45 would help a lot. Has little experience.

Icon’s Perspective: A lot like Julius Jones last year who was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys in the 2nd Round but Moats is slower then JJ. Has all the fundamentals and extra things that a lot of backs don’t have, but is still undersized and could be limited due to it. Should develop into at least a solid 3rd down back.
I have seem a bit of game film of him and he is very productive, but im a little concenered about how he barely escapes WAC defenses most of the time. But, he does escape them and has been very productive so he doesn't worth a look, but I don't think for the Cowboys. Him and JJ are two similar, except JJ is faster. A big back like Kay-Jay Harris or Eric Shelton would fit in much better.

Fincher has good size and good speed. He can really hit for his size also and has the ability to make the move to OLB if needed. Is also a good team leader. He is a bit undersized and isn't great in coverage. If the Parcells and Da Boys stick to the 3-4, then if Fincher falls to the 5th and we haven't addressed the ILB need and most of the other main needs (FS, OLB, DE, and WR) have been addressed, then you could see Fincher wearing a star on his helmet next year.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I don't see what age has to do with it. You either like his opinions or not. If he knows his stuff he knows his stuff.

Keep up the good work. I was still too busy trying to mack out with the town ****** than be as ambitious as you. :)

JGleas

Draft Expert
Reaction score
GoDallas said:
When does the draft start (Eastern time) on the 23rd???
Noon on Saturday
11 AM on Sunday
If you planning on going, if you want a good sit, you need to start lining up at 5 AM, and to get at least in, you gotta be there be at least 6 AM. But, if you stay untill the 7th Round (which does get really boring however) then they walk around and they ask for your name and other stuff and you get in the next year no matter what time you get there.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
JGleas said:
Im 15, and yes im a lil young, but you gotta admit, im doing a pretty good job with my site and such. All of our staff for the site is 18 or under except one and that is kastofsna. Myself and Rob play High School Football also, and the webmaster who is making our new site design is going to NDSU (North Dakota State Univeristy) but had the option to go several other top colleges such as Minnesota. You can be 5 years old and be an expert on something, so lets no start putting my age against me. Im not at the Scott Wright, Mel Kiper, or DJ Boyer ranks, but im trying my best.

I checked out your site and you have done a really nice job with it. I like the way it looks and fairly easy to get around to the info you have.

That said, I hate your mock. First you have us taking Marcus Spears at #11 when Mike WIlliams is on the board. YOu simply don't pass on someone who is a bonafide playmaker who scores points if he is there. I take Mike Williams everyday if the draft feel like that.

Of Course the Mark Clayton pick is good value at 20 but if we take Williams then that's out. We can get better value at DE with that pick if would take Pollack. JMO.

Then in the second you have us taking a CB when we signed one in the offseason (Anthony Henry) when we could use a playmaker at LB like Blackstock is available.

Don't take this as bashing your picks because all any of do is just guess because we are not in the room with the teams selecting. But good job on the site.

JGleas

Draft Expert
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
I checked out your site and you have done a really nice job with it. I like the way it looks and fairly easy to get around to the info you have.

That said, I hate your mock. First you have us taking Marcus Spears at #11 when Mike WIlliams is on the board. YOu simply don't pass on someone who is a bonafide playmaker who scores points if he is there. I take Mike Williams everyday if the draft feel like that.

Of Course the Mark Clayton pick is good value at 20 but if we take Williams then that's out. We can get better value at DE with that pick if would take Pollack. JMO.

Then in the second you have us taking a CB when we signed one in the offseason (Anthony Henry) when we could use a playmaker at LB like Blackstock is available.

Don't take this as bashing your picks because all any of do is just guess because we are not in the room with the teams selecting. But good job on the site.
Browner would play FS, WOULDN'T EVEN TOUCH CB. Mike Williams in the new mock goes to Tennessee at 6, so Spears is best option in the mock that should be out in an hour.

JGleas

Draft Expert
Reaction score
Im sorry I couldn't get the mock done tonight everyone. Should up either tommorow morning before 7:30 AM EST. or after 3 PM EST. I work from 8-2 so I will either have the mock done before or after work.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Avery said:
I don't see what age has to do with it. You either like his opinions or not. If he knows his stuff he knows his stuff.

Keep up the good work. I was still too busy trying to mack out with the town ****** than be as ambitious as you. :)

JGleas, keep it up and don't let these guys give you too much crap. You gotta start somewhere and you might as well do it when you are young. Good job.

Avery, good luck with those town ******. :D

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
junk said:
JGleas, keep it up and don't let these guys give you too much crap. You gotta start somewhere and you might as well do it when you are young. Good job.
No kidding. When I was 15.........oops nevermind :eek:

JGleas

Draft Expert
Reaction score
New Mock will be up at 5 PM EST. I just got off work at 3, so its mock is a little later then I expected to be.