Draft Show Recap 4/18/19

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
-Broaddus mentioned that Jerry/Stephen mentioned they would not move up in the first.

-Discussed best case scenarios at #58/#90.

David Helman: Doesn't think Abram or Rapp will be there at #58. Doesn't think there will be value at DT at #58. Two names he thinks will be there. Thornhill or Chauncey Gardner Johnson. Think it's more possible that one slides to #58. Both are versatile and you can move around a lot like a Byron Jones early in his career. He'd pull the trigger on Deebo Samuel if the safeties aren't available.

Brugler: Gardner Johnson he loves as a nickel. For the Cowboys he'd be fine as a box player, but would hope the Cowboys would be open minded and creative and move him around. Thornhill he thinks he's better as a FS, but can do a little bit of everything. He would like Darnell Savage at #58 if CGJ and Thornhill are both gone. Mentioned LJ Collier as an option at #58.

BPA @ 58: Brugler said he'd rather take a WR than force a pick at DT.

Trysten Hill: Broaddus and Brugler both see him as a 3rd rounder. But the Cowboys might be a lot higher on him. They only have a top 150 board, and many of them are Day 3 players. So Hill could be top 30 on the Cowboys board. Broaddus mentioned he would take him at #58 even though it might be a little bit of a reach.

Pre-Draft 30 visitors: You bring guys in to learn more about them. Just because they brought guys in for a visit, doesn't mean they come away impressed.

Gerald Willis: Brugler says he's not a complete player. Has a lot of holes in the run game. Not a strong option for this team.

Pick #90:

Dave Helman: Isaiah Johnson/Travyon Williams are ideal at #90. Brugler thinks I. Johnson goes much higher because of his traits.

Renell Wren: Brugler has him slightly over Trysten Hill. Thinks Wren would be a realistic pick at #90 and would be the best case scenario if they go DB at #58. Good insurance if Maliek Collins walks in free agency next year. Broaddus thinks he's raw.

Maxx Crosby: Brugler thinks he makes a lot of sense at #90 and said he'd take him at #58. Mentioned he probably needs a year in the weight room, but there's a lot to like there. Broaddus is high on him as well. Better pass rush moves/potential than Taco.

Taylor Rapp: Broaddus thinks Rapp can fall to #58. Brugler says that would be "fantastic." Mentioned the worries of the 40 time, but that he's a safe player. Brugler says look at the tape. Helman says he would step right in and be great.

Trayveon Williams: Broaddus would take him at #90.

Any CB's to S transitions? Isaiah Johnson: Not an option to play safety - terrible tackler.

WORST CASE SCENARIO:

Helman: RB @ #58. Mecole Hardman/Dawson Knox.

Brugler: Reaching for a guy like Wren at #58. Reaching for a TE at #90 like Sample.

Broaddus: Taking a WR at #58. You already took one in the first round (Amari). It'd be like taking a WR in the 1st and 2nd. Already got a good group of WR's here.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Wren and Sample sounds like a cartoon and would be just as funny.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am not a fan of Crosby, he doesn't look like a DE,we would have to red shirt him the first year.i would not trade up either, looking at Gills top 150 we can still get a potential starter with our comp pick.to me Safety at 58 and DL at 90 would be an ideal scenario.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
RB Mike Weber: Cowboys brought him in as one of their 30 pre-draft visitors. Brugler think he's a dime a dozen back. Broaddus agrees (shocking) and thinks he's meh as well. Everyone would rather have Trayveon Williams at #90 over Weber at #136.

DT Dre'Mont Jones: A lot of teams are concerned about his ability to stop the run and get washed off the snap. But some team will like his ability as a pass rusher. More flash than consistency. Didn't test well for being undersized. Brugler - if you watch his highlight tape, you'll love him. But watch him on a snap to snap basis and you're not as impressed. Broaddus basically parroted Brugler, yet has him ranked #36.

DE/LB Christian Miller: Where do you play him? Broaddus thinks he's a SAM LB. Brugler mentioned he's best as a pass rusher, but is more of a 3-4 player. Health concerns.

DB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson: Big discrepancy between Broaddus and Brugler's ranking of him. (67 vs. 49). Broaddus doesn't think he's a good enough tackler (lol). Brugler says he thinks he's a better tackler and he's a play disruptor. Flies around the field and is aggressive. Brugler would take him in the top 40 and feel good about it if you need a nickel.

TE Jace Sternberger: Another big discrepancy between Broaddus/Brugler. Brugler likes him as a pass catcher, but worries about him as a blocker/inline. Nothing exceptional about what he does, but he's tough to bring down when he has the ball in his hands. Solid 3rd round pick, but not taking him as a 2nd round guy. Broaddus thinks he's a mismatch guy, and knows how to separate. Sees him as a 2nd rounder.

DL Zach Allen: Broaddus has him at #45, Brugler at #74. Brugler thinks he won't big a big time pass rusher. If he's drafting a DE in the top 60 picks, he wants a pass rusher. You can find sound run defenders later on in the draft. Doesn't have enough juice as a pass rusher. Broaddus likes his position versatility and strength. Good effort + run defender. Compares to Tyrone Crawford. Brugler says Crawford is a perfect comparison and best case. Helman says he'd take Zach Allen at #90, not 58.

Carson

Reaction score
RB Mike Weber: Cowboys brought him in as one of their 30 pre-draft visitors. Brugler think he's a dime a dozen back. Broaddus agrees (shocking) and thinks he's meh as well. Everyone would rather have Trayveon Williams at #90 over Weber at #136.

DT Dre'Mont Jones: A lot of teams are concerned about his ability to stop the run and get washed off the snap. But some team will like his ability as a pass rusher. More flash than consistency. Didn't test well for being undersized. Brugler - if you watch his highlight tape, you'll love him. But watch him on a snap to snap basis and you're not as impressed. Broaddus basically parroted Brugler, yet has him ranked #36.

DE/LB Christian Miller: Where do you play him? Broaddus thinks he's a SAM LB. Brugler mentioned he's best as a pass rusher, but is more of a 3-4 player. Health concerns.

DB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson: Big discrepancy between Broaddus and Brugler's ranking of him. (67 vs. 49). Broaddus doesn't think he's a good enough tackler (lol). Brugler says he thinks he's a better tackler and he's a play disruptor. Flies around the field and is aggressive. Brugler would take him in the top 40 and feel good about it if you need a nickel.

TE Jace Sternberger: Another big discrepancy between Broaddus/Brugler. Brugler likes him as a pass catcher, but worries about him as a blocker/inline. Nothing exceptional about what he does, but he's tough to bring down when he has the ball in his hands. Solid 3rd round pick, but not taking him as a 2nd round guy. Broaddus thinks he's a mismatch guy, and knows how to separate. Sees him as a 2nd rounder.

DL Zach Allen: Broaddus has him at #45, Brugler at #74. Brugler thinks he won't big a big time pass rusher. If he's drafting a DE in the top 60 picks, he wants a pass rusher. You can find sound run defenders later on in the draft. Doesn't have enough juice as a pass rusher. Broaddus likes his position versatility and strength. Good effort + run defender. Compares to Tyrone Crawford. Brugler says Crawford is a perfect comparison and best case. Helman says he'd take Zach Allen at #90, not 58.

Thanks for all of this info @JBell !

Mr_437

Reaction score
Agree with BB about a WR at 58.

I like Trayveon Williams too, 90 would be ok, but I'd rather take Tony Pollard in the 4th and add defensively in the 3rd.

Not fan of taking Trysten Hill at 58 or any DT who's projected to be there, would need a Faller.

Maxx is my guy at DE too much juice n drip off the edge. Already 255 if he gets in the weight room...oh my. He'd walk thru the door with better moves than Taco n Armstrong.

I don't know what to think about S anymore. I liked Adderly n Savage the most, then Thornhill. I wasn't impressed with CGJ, Rapp or Abram, I think their good players (don't get me wrong) I just prefer a certain type of DB. Overall, Savage is my guy at 58.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

This draft is set up so perfectly for our needs. Give me one of each of the top 7 strengths

cowboyec

Reaction score
they also mentioned that they have ruled out Miami DT Gerald Willis...dont think his visit went well.

Gaede

Reaction score
I am getting a feeling the board will be wiped clean of our top guys and we're going to reach for Hill or Collier. I like both of those guys as 3rd rounders but not at 58