Draft Show Recap 4/25/19

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Brugler, Broaddus, Helman, and Draper (literally added nothing to the show. was on her phone half the time)

They spoke about other news going on around the NFL, but just focused on the Cowboys tidbits.

-Mentioned that trading up to the 40's is a real possibility. Jerry has said he doesn't have a lot of time left, and Garrett is in the final year of his deal. They want to win now. Can definitely see a scenario where Garrett pounds the table for us to trade up and get a guy that he thinks can make an impact right away, because he's not worried about about the long-term state of the team, his job is on the line.

-Johnathan Abram is a trade up target if he falls out of the first. Think he's a RKG. Brugler vouched for his character.

-Broaddus previously reported that McClay was pushing for Watt hard in the 2017 draft, but got overruled and we went with Taco instead. Clarified today that he was actually dead wrong on that. McClay told Broaddus directly that he appreciates him trying to be nice, but McClay didn't think Watt could be an everydown player with his hand in the dirt.

-Broaddus doesn't see Taco being traded, thinks it's all smoke and mirrors.

-Cowboys LOVE Trysten Hill.

-Guys don't think they would draft Deebo Samuel even if he was available at 58. Trading down would be an option in that case.

morasp

Reaction score
DeMarcus Lawrence really came on in his third year I'd like to at least give Taco the three year rule to see what he can do.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
How many threads were there calling out Marinelli for being the reason Taco was drafted? You all know who you were. Nice to hear truth rather than fan take that get shoved down our throats here.

LOL. Marinelli still pushed for Taco.

Carson

Reaction score
So we’re drafting Hill at 58. I have a feeling we’re going to move up to get him. We will be excited to guys like Thornhill, Abram on the board only to get Hill

Can also play FB ... cut Olawale lol

Last edited:

Mr_437

Reaction score
Yep...all this study just for DAL to draft Hill at 58. I'm just gonna enjoy my weekend.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Broaddus previously reported that McClay was pushing for Watt hard in the 2017 draft, but got overruled and we went with Taco instead.
AhQBnKA.gif

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Brugler, Broaddus, Helman, and Draper (literally added nothing to the show. was on her phone half the time)

They spoke about other news going on around the NFL, but just focused on the Cowboys tidbits.

-Mentioned that trading up to the 40's is a real possibility. Jerry has said he doesn't have a lot of time left, and Garrett is in the final year of his deal. They want to win now. Can definitely see a scenario where Garrett pounds the table for us to trade up and get a guy that he thinks can make an impact right away, because he's not worried about about the long-term state of the team, his job is on the line.

-Johnathan Abram is a trade up target if he falls out of the first. Think he's a RKG. Brugler vouched for his character.

-Broaddus previously reported that McClay was pushing for Watt hard in the 2017 draft, but got overruled and we went with Taco instead. Clarified today that he was actually dead wrong on that. McClay told Broaddus directly that he appreciates him trying to be nice, but McClay didn't think Watt could be an everydown player with his hand in the dirt.

-Broaddus doesn't see Taco being traded, thinks it's all smoke and mirrors.

-Cowboys LOVE Trysten Hill.

-Guys don't think they would draft Deebo Samuel even if he was available at 58. Trading down would be an option in that case.

So Broaddus was talking out his arse?

I definitely can believe that.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Broaddus “So Will, I was telling these guys how you were pounding the table for TJ Watt.”

Will McClay “Actually, I advocated for taking Taco...”

Broaddus “.....That’s what I’m saying though; you were never onboard with taking Watt.”

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Broaddus “So Will, I was telling these guys how you were pounding the table for TJ Watt.”

Will McClay “Actually, I advocated for taking Taco...”

Broaddus “.....That’s what I’m saying though; you were never onboard with taking Watt.”
LOL