Draft Targets Revisited

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It’s a valid concern because whenever you take a player higher than when he’s projected to go, you better be right about the player. And if my theory is right, the pick at 99 is even more baffling because they picked someone that wasn’t targeted going into the day and risked losing their last targeted player. They were just lucky to get him in the 4th round.
Dude I proved that your info was wrong. Jerry talks about they debated six players at pick 99 and ended up getting four of them. He starts at 25:15.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I do think safety was a target, I just think they had unrealistic expectations on where they would be available but agree they were behind the corners.

My gut feeling is that we had the following grades:
1-2nd grade: Campbell
2nd grade: Joseph, Moehrig, Holland, Grant
2-3 grade: Odigizuwa, Golston, Cox

Again. I think we would have traded up for a safety from 75 but they went before 44 which killed that idea.
They possibly could have traded up with their third for a safety but that would have only been after securing a CB at 44.

I mean, I’m sure if one they liked fell far enough they’d be drafted by Dallas at some point. However, they had to know that they’d likely be gone pretty quickly in the second.

They HAD to have a corner though.