Draft[Vick]

playmakers

Reaction score
I guess its pretty safe to say who the top 5 will be.

1. Reggie Bush
2. Matt Leinart
3. Vince Young
4. Marcus Vick
5. AJ Hawk

I would love for us to get Vick. Thats my question, what is your opinion of him and would you want him on Dallas?

Teams that need QB's
1. Clevland
2. Ravens
3. Arizona
4. Miami
possiblu
5. Jets
6. Titans

Now, if Vick could only slide

BigWillie

Reaction score
Given his run-in with trouble and the circumstances surrounding it, I say no.

I know people will say he's talented and he deserves a second chance but I don't buy it. It's not bad enough that he drove over 20 mph over the speed limit (which can/will get your license taken on the spot and possible jail time in VA) but he was in possession of marijuana.

Then you add in the fact that he bought alcohol for 3 underage girls and you have to question the guys character. I mean, one of the girls was 15 years old, my God. Is Vick really wanting everyone to buy into the fact he is naive enough to believe a girl that young is a college student?

Michael got the athleticism, Marcus got the throwing arm, but who in the Vick family has the brains?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if Marcus Vick were a top 5 pick.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
If some how we could get Reggie Bush...

I think he is gonna be special...

remember that deal Ditka did for Ricky Williams? I would do the same for Reggie...that is how much a differance maker I think he can be...but I have been wrong before I thought Chris Macalister<sp> Cb for balt coming out of college was the closest thing to a Deion I had seen but he never did turn it on..he is solid but not the playmaker I thought he would be...

but back again to Bush...he sure looks like the best thing going in years...

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zaxor said:
If some how we could get Reggie Bush...

You would trade your ENTIRE DRAFT for Reggie Bush????

No how - no way.

:bang2:

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
-draft a premier OT w/ the 1st pick. (D'Brickashaw Ferguson)?

-sign an established, successful Safety and Kicker. (Chavous and Rackers)?

-get a young, premier WR. (Anquan Boldin / Andre Johnson)?

And if you want a future QB... GET MATT SCHAUB.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Sarge said:

No how - no way.

think about it a minute Sarge...last years draft for us looks to be phenominal but we have had drafts that netted no one...

so lets say we hit on half our draft... and of that half only one is a Pro Bowl type player the others are solid starters or back-ups... which would be a pretty successful draft... so lets say that total is 3... one pro bowler one solid starter and one backup... would you not trade that for a crack at the next Gale Sayers...I mean an all-timer is > than 1PB, 1S and 1BU

jmho

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zaxor said:
think about it a minute Sarge...last years draft for us looks to be phenominal but we have had drafts that netted no one...

so lets say we hit on half our draft... and of that half only one is a Pro Bowl type player the others are solid starters or back-ups... which would be a pretty successful draft... so lets say that total is 3... one pro bowler one solid starter and one backup... would you not trade that for a crack at the next Gale Sayers...I mean an all-timer is > than 1PB, 1S and 1BU

jmho

That is an awful lot of speculation there but as long as we're on the speculation topic, let's say we give up our entire draft for Reggie Bush and he blows his knee out? What then?

Suffice it to say, we do not agree on this one at all. I am not giving up an entire draft for one player. To me, I don't have to think about it for one second.

3 weeks ago, RB wasn't even a need area and it probably won't be in the end.

1 player for 6 or 7? No way. Not when we need OL help, WR help, FS help, LB help.

Besides, the RB position is one of the easiest to fill. It makes no sense on a variety of levels, at least for me.

Martice

Reaction score
As far as Vick goes, I like what I see on the field. If only his brother was the passer he is the Falcons would easily be the most entertaining team to watch. Regarding his legal issues, I think one more year of keeping his nose clean while playing college football will do his rep a world of good.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I agree with Sarge. The Saints gave up all their draft for Ricky and look where it got them.

I'd LOVE to have Reggie Bush on the team but not at that price. Not even anything remotely close to that price.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
-draft a premier OT w/ the 1st pick. (D'Brickashaw Ferguson)?

-sign an established, successful Safety and Kicker. (Chavous and Rackers)?

-get a young, premier WR. (Anquan Boldin / Andre Johnson)?

And if you want a future QB... GET MATT SCHAUB.

I believe Boldin and Johnson are both under contract and Schaub is probably going to cost a first at the least.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
playmakers said:

1. Reggie Bush
2. Matt Leinart
3. Vince Young
4. Marcus Vick
5. AJ Hawk

pipe dream over....

Yougn and Vick are not top 5 talents...Vick will be lucky to be a 1st day draft pick

David

EndGame

Reaction score
I don't think Vick is coming out this year. It's really his first year playing out of four years in college. My feeling is that he'll spend another year in school repairing his reputation. His legal troubles will cost him spots in the draft right now.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
playmakers said:

1. Reggie Bush
2. Matt Leinart
3. Vince Young
4. Marcus Vick
5. AJ Hawk

I would love for us to get Vick. Thats my question, what is your opinion of him and would you want him on Dallas?

Teams that need QB's
1. Clevland
2. Ravens
3. Arizona
4. Miami
possiblu
5. Jets
6. Titans

Vick will NOT be drafted in round 1 ... I feel certain of that. I'll pass.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Sarge said:

No how - no way.

If I had no running back and not other serious needs, I would....but we're not in the market for a RB at all, imo. We need a young WR who can potentially be a #1 guy; We could use some more quality LBs too; Our most pressing needs are on the offensive line, but it would be nice to secure a more rangy, playmaking ballhawk FS.

We have plenty of needs that could take our team to the next level on both sides of the ball...I would even entertain the idea of drafting another FB on day 1 if a guy was available who could block, run, and receive.

joseephuss

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
pipe dream over....

Yougn and Vick are not top 5 talents...Vick will be lucky to be a 1st day draft pick

David

Young may not be a top 5 talent, but that doesn't mean a desperate team in that position won't draft him.

Young, Vick and Bush haven't even declared for the draft yet. Interesting to see if they stay in school or not.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
playmakers said:

1. Reggie Bush
2. Matt Leinart
3. Vince Young
4. Marcus Vick
5. AJ Hawk

Teams that need QB's
1. Clevland
2. Ravens
3. Arizona
4. Miami
possiblu
5. Jets
6. Titans

Young recently said he is coming back for his Senior year. No way D'Bricshaw Ferguson is not in the top 5. No way Marcus Vick is in the top 5. In fact, he will slide, but we won't draft him.

Parcells and Jones are focusing on character. Marcus has made some mistakes that will raise a red flag. Besides we are not looking for a QB at this point.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Young may not be a top 5 talent, but that doesn't mean a desperate team in that position won't draft him.

Young, Vick and Bush haven't even declared for the draft yet. Interesting to see if they stay in school or not.

I believe Vick will stay in school unless he becomes an academic casualty. Young could go either way. Bush will come out with Leinart, imo.