Draft with Trade-April 13

phildadon86

Reaction score
Let me know what y'all think about this draft. Traded with Jacksonville. Gave me 4 picks in the top 50. I think injecting that kind of talent into this defense would do wonders.

Farley at 25 mitigates the risk for me. And bringing in Gowan helps if he isnt ready. Grant, Davis, and McNeill is a great trio and immediately improves us at every level of defense.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I wouldn't take Farley at 25 but overall I very much like the approach of getting 4 picks in the top 50 & 6 picks in the top 115. Good job.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That trade seems very generous to the Cowboys by the trade chart. Who did Jacksonville move up for?

DFWJC

Reaction score
That trade seems very generous to the Cowboys by the trade chart. Who did Jacksonville move up for?
Yes....it would never happen.
Way out line
But it was a simulator, so can't blame him for accepting it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't mind the draft, but I think people are very unrealistic in terms of the impact that rookies have on a defense.

Gowan probably never even dresses.

100% but the Jones's have created this mindset and fans have urgency for defensive players because they are so used to how they operate.

People don't even care if we are reaching for defenders at this point or the defenders we take have minimal impact. Just give them defense.

Meanwhile the entire league sucks at defending and everyone is just doing their best within a rules system that doesn't want them to be successful.

I'm starting to talk myself out of being ok with a corner and just trading back, drafting Phillips from Miami, and build a defense that way instead of just sitting at 10 and picking a corner.

That is of course if we don't have a shot at Pitts/Sewell/Slater.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I don't mind the draft, but I think people are very unrealistic in terms of the impact that rookies have on a defense.

Gowan probably never even dresses.
That’s the thing. We’re all clamoring for defense but it’s not as easy transition as people understand.

phildadon86

Reaction score
100% but the Jones's have created this mindset and fans have urgency for defensive players because they are so used to how they operate.

People don't even care if we are reaching for defenders at this point or the defenders we take have minimal impact. Just give them defense.

Meanwhile the entire league sucks at defending and everyone is just doing their best within a rules system that doesn't want them to be successful.

I'm starting to talk myself out of being ok with a corner and just trading back, drafting Phillips from Miami, and build a defense that way instead of just sitting at 10 and picking a corner.

That is of course if we don't have a shot at Pitts/Sewell/Slater.
So you really think picking 4 top talents on defense wouldnt do anything but picking a guy like Phillips and his one million concussions would? Makes sense.

Jamin Davis has been compared to Darius Leonard. Lets not draft him because well. He will have a minimal impact lol.

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
That’s the thing. We’re all clamoring for defense but it’s not as easy transition as people understand.
Its not. But not doing anything doesnt help either. Its a lot easier for someone in the top 50 to transition as opposed to someone in the 7th round or a UDFA. So I would like to throw as many picks at it as we can.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Its not. But not doing anything doesnt help either. Its a lot easier for someone in the top 50 to transition as opposed to someone in the 7th round or a UDFA. So I would like to throw as many picks at it as we can.
I agree. I understand the infatuation with Pitts but if there’s a trade up you’re giving away a second a first next year and maybe a third. You think you can start 2 3rds and A 4th ? You’re right. We need higher picks for defense.

cffl2323

Reaction score
What defensive positions typically have the smoothest transition to the NFL, if there is such a thing?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Let me know what y'all think about this draft. Traded with Jacksonville. Gave me 4 picks in the top 50. I think injecting that kind of talent into this defense would do wonders.

Farley at 25 mitigates the risk for me. And bringing in Gowan helps if he isnt ready. Grant, Davis, and McNeill is a great trio and immediately improves us at every level of defense.

Like the first 4 picks, think Gowan is way too high for my liking.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not bad but a lot rides on Farley and him being healthy.

If you are taking Hainsey thinking he’s a future OT for you, I think he might be an OG in the NFL.