Drafting our next QB

cnuball21

Reaction score
Hooker has great arm strength. The Tennessee QB can generate solid amounts of velocity with relative ease on a crisp, slingshot release. He brings great velocity generation in the short and intermediate ranges, and maintains a tight spiral.

To that end, he doesn’t appear strained when generating velocity in those ranges. He has the arm strength to fit the ball into tight pockets outside the numbers
Hooker has great arm strength. The Tennessee QB can generate solid amounts of velocity with relative ease on a crisp, slingshot release. He brings great velocity generation in the short and intermediate ranges, and maintains a tight spiral.

Going a step further, Hooker’s arm is both strong and noticeably elastic. He’s shown he can mix pace and touch on his throws to a degree. He’s not a purely linear thrower and can drop passes into buckets after launching with good velocity.
with pace.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/hendon-hooker-qb-tennessee-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/

Yup, was thinking of someone else.

I like Hooker.

rags747

Reaction score
Anthony Richardson if he slides within trade up range. He's raw and needs developing but he should be ready in twO years when Daks contract is up.
He may go real early, some are saying that he has the highest ceiling of the qb’s this year.

cowboyec

Reaction score
in this draft...tennessee's hendon hooker.

in the next...notre dame's sam hartman.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Anthony Richardson if he slides within trade up range. He's raw and needs developing but he should be ready in twO years when Daks contract is up.
no no that guy could not read a missing persons on the back of a milk carton let alone a defense.

Hardline

Reaction score
no no that guy could not read a missing persons on the back of a milk carton let alone a defense.
That's why I said he's raw and needs developing.
But he has the highest upside of any QB in the draft.

calicowboy54

Reaction score
what we are learning with Dak is that you can only teach reading defenses up to a certain point. you can only teach accuracy to a certain point. i don’t care how athletic he is or rocket arm he has if he cannot read a defense and accurately deliver a ball he needs to be playing something other than QB.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
We might not be bad next year. Might win another 12 games. Look to see if Dak gets restructured before the start of 2023. If he does, that means he's getting an extension after 2023.
Actually, I think they restructure him to drop his Cap # over $22M to help sign FA’s/re-sign their own guys. Also, watch for Zeke’s $$$ to get SUBSTANTIALLY CUT (only way he stays). I bet they end up gaining around $30M from both these moves.

Flamma

Reaction score
Actually, I think they restructure him to drop his Cap # over $22M to help sign FA’s/re-sign their own guys. Also, watch for Zeke’s $$$ to get SUBSTANTIALLY CUT (only way he stays). I bet they end up gaining around $30M from both these moves.
Yeah, I agree. As long as they intend to keep him, they will restructure somewhat. But not for FAs. They don't spend anything on FAs. Mostly to resign their own players.

jsb357

Reaction score
At this point round 6-7 only.

There are too many other needs on this team with Dak's contract situation.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I’m not necessarily thinking next year. I’m thinking within the last two years of daks contract. So are there any prospects that we should be excited about in the next 2 to 3 years
Can't really look that far ahead, few would have been all that excited about Joe Burrow in his junior year, he was pretty good, but not nearly to the level he was in his senior year.

And other high ranked junior quarterbacks fell way down their senior year.

But there are a few to keep an eye on...

fansince68

Reaction score
1st step. Admit that you need a qb.
2nd step, improve your chances to get a good one by trading players for picks. Players that are past their prime or beginning to be. We need to get value in our trades.
Step 3, combine picks to move up to get the qb or other blue chip player.
Step 4, get real coaches in here to improve our discipline and make our players better.
Step 5, hold players and coaches accountable for poor performance.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Richardson is Josh Allen as a prospect. Incredibly toolsy with very high ceiling but definition of book or bust.

Allen was a hit but there’s a handful of similar dudes that have been busts.

If you draft Richardson, which I’m not opposed to, you have to overhaul the offense to suit his skill set.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Not in this draft, at our early picks at least.

I like Jaren Hall in one of the later rounds this year. He’s 24, and a bit undersized at 6’1 or so, so he’s not going to be a premium pick. But he is one of those QBs that can make every throw. He can contort his body to make crazy throws while on the run.

Finding a big arm, accurate QB like Mahomes and Allen is important in today’s NFL.