Dre Kirkpatrick

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Name to watch in the offseason. Late bloomer in Cincy but has been having a solid season. Dont know if he has the the reputation around the league to get a long term deal. I can see him taking a "bet on yourself" type 1 year deal and trying to play his way to a more lucrative deal in 2018.

Could be the type of guy Dallas goes after. We really liked him in 2012, but then again that was in a different scheme. However he does seem to fit what they want in terms of CB's. Long and athletic

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Name to watch in the offseason. Late bloomer in Cincy but has been having a solid season. Dont know if he has the the reputation around the league to get a long term deal. I can see him taking a "bet on yourself" type 1 year deal and trying to play his way to a more lucrative deal in 2018.

Could be the type of guy Dallas goes after. We really liked him in 2012, but then again that was in a different scheme. However he does seem to fit what they want in terms of CB's. Long and athletic
Trumaine Johnson is another name. Maybe a better player.

WeaponX

Reaction score
His salary this year ia high because he was franchised. He missed this season due to injury. I don't know what his value will be after a year off.

Johnson has played all year as far as I know; I think he's just had a bit of a down year.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I'm all-in on Kikrpatrick (I can see Cincy letting him walk too as they have recent 1st rounder Darqueze Dennard along with last year's 1st rounder William Jackson III and Josh Shaw and few others).

I appreciated Mo Claiborne's reemergence this year, but there is simply no way I give the guy another contract; he simply can't stay healthy. He's only played in 47 of a possible 80 games in his career; the past three seasons he's missed 26 of a possible 48 games.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Kirkpatrick will command something near what Janoris Jenkins got last year.
I think closer to Kareem Jackson. Took a while for Dre to get a legit role on that defense. Alot of that may have been depth, but he did a bit red coming into the NFL. Jackson was awful his first 2 seasons but turned it around just enough to get his option picked up and really picked up steam his last two years of his rookie deal. Jenkins is getting like 11 million per, Jackson 8 million. 11 is a bit rich for Dre right. 8 million I can see

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ive heard rumors before that they were interested in trading Denard, so Dre could very well still be in Cincys plans

Last edited:

jamesdojr

Reaction score

Yes. Would love Dallas to grab him or Stephon Gilmore.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
We'll draft the CBs.

I think the model for Dallas in the Marinelli era is good, interchangeable DL that get subbed a lot. Looks bad in September and October but in the back half your DL has played half the snaps and the fresh legs win out. It also reduces chance of injury. Complementing this approach to DL is putting the money in the secondary. This is also the model Seattle has used.