Drew Henson

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Well everybody else here has a topic about a single player so I thought I would jump on the band wagon. Well since you guys are here, any chance that he could move up the roster at any point in the season, or does he stay a bottom dweller and ride the pine as our #3?

rcaldw

Reaction score
I don't know about that, but I was encouraged to see his excitement and encouragement to Tyson Thompson after his kickoff return. It certainly appears that Henson is a team player and isn't in pout mode.

Martice

Reaction score
rcaldw said:
I don't know about that, but I was encouraged to see his excitement and encouragement to Tyson Thompson after his kickoff return. It certainly appears that Henson is a team player and isn't in pout mode.

For a minute I thought he was auditioning for a spot on the cowboys squad. I guess any action is better than no action at all.

:lmao2:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
haha

That was the first time I laughed since the game last night.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
Well everybody else here has a topic about a single player so I thought I would jump on the band wagon. Well since you guys are here, any chance that he could move up the roster at any point in the season, or does he stay a bottom dweller and ride the pine as our #3?
Nothing is impossible, but barring injury Romo and Henson won't see much action this year. They may flip flop who is 2nd and 3rd string several times like last year.

Bledsoe is playing well enough that this really isn't a good chance. The offense sputtered last night but he played well. At least I thought he did and I'm pretty critical. I felt the play calling was too conservative.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
gotta say after that debacle last night, the last thing in the world I expected to see was a thread about our back-up QB situation. :D

BadKarma

Reaction score
I seriously doubt Drew Henson will even get a whiff of the field while Parcells is HC.

NoShameInMyGame

Reaction score
Hey Hostile . . .

I heard you welched on a bet with BnA . . . according to him, you were supposed to wear an avatar if Romo was named #2 for one week. And if one moved in front of the other sometime during the season, the other had to wear the avatar for two weeks. But that's just what I hear . . .

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
NoShameInMyGame said:
Hey Hostile . . .

I heard you welched on a bet with BnA . . . according to him, you were supposed to wear an avatar if Romo was named #2 for one week. And if one moved in front of the other sometime during the season, the other had to wear the avatar for two weeks. But that's just what I hear . . .
That wasn't the bet, and I have not welched.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Parcells said he was sticking with #2 all season. Non issue unless injury occurs.

Then its Romo starting anyway.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
NoShameInMyGame said:
When someone bets they should be grown up enough to own up to the terms of the bet . . . ;)

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29642&page=6&pp=15&highlight=Gentlemen%27s

Do the words, "if Bledsoe goes down mean anything to you?"

It is 2 games out of 16. If Henson is backup for 9 of the games I win. If Henson is made starter should Bledsoe go down, I win.

If Ben wins, I will honor the bet. He's not even here to do that. :wink2:

There's no welch on a bet that isn't even over or decided yet.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Banned_n_austin
I see your point. But it's just a silly avatar bet ... I'm betting that Romo beats Henson out in camp. But I'll go with my gut here that Parcells has more confidence overall in Romo.

Okay, you make a great point. Just a silly avatar bet.

Whoever is #2 wins the bet, but let's say this. If the roles reverse by the end of the season the new loser gets 2 weeks with the silly avatar.

twice the bet twice the fun.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
NoShameInMyGame said:
Hostile, as the conversation progressed the terms that were agreed upon changed as clearly stated in post #93, your own post.

*Edit* I'll provide a link to where you can talk with BnA about this . . . PM him or check out the off-topic forum . . .

http://cowboyscentral.com/bb/index.php?

You know, I could care less about this.

Give me the avatar. If Henson ends up the backup I don't want the pay back.

Anything to drop this stupid subject.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
daboysin06 said:
Where is this BnA guy?
Masquerading as NoShameInMyGame.

I don't see the bet as won but if it makes him feel justified so be it.