Drew Henson

Martice

Reaction score
daboysin06 said:
No i mean is he like banned from the forum or somethin?

No. Roy is just banned from covering anyone not holding pom poms.

Sorry. I couldn't resist. :lmao:

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Yeah, but not by me.

thank goodness...his only reason for "being" was to antagonize the good folk here on the forum just as he is trying (unsuccesfully I might add) with you...
no insight, no real football talk, just flame bait imho...thank you who ever did do it...

Go Cowboys

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
Originally Posted by Banned_n_austin
I see your point. But it's just a silly avatar bet ... I'm betting that Romo beats Henson out in camp. But I'll go with my gut here that Parcells has more confidence overall in Romo.

Okay, you make a great point. Just a silly avatar bet.

Whoever is #2 wins the bet, but let's say this. If the roles reverse by the end of the season the new loser gets 2 weeks with the silly avatar.

twice the bet twice the fun.

Funny you should chime in....pot meet kettle.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Nors said:
Originally Posted by Banned_n_austin
I see your point. But it's just a silly avatar bet ... I'm betting that Romo beats Henson out in camp. But I'll go with my gut here that Parcells has more confidence overall in Romo.

Okay, you make a great point. Just a silly avatar bet.

Whoever is #2 wins the bet, but let's say this. If the roles reverse by the end of the season the new loser gets 2 weeks with the silly avatar.

twice the bet twice the fun.

Nors, weren't you supposed to have a crow avatar if Al S. was on the roster at the beginning of the year.

Thought you made a bet against a certain backup center also ?

People in glass houses should not throw stones.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jdub2k4 said:
Well everybody else here has a topic about a single player so I thought I would jump on the band wagon. Well since you guys are here, any chance that he could move up the roster at any point in the season, or does he stay a bottom dweller and ride the pine as our #3?

I don't think that is a concern one way or the other right now, when talking back up or 3rd string, that is something that will be addressed next off-season

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
WHY is this issue even being brought back up?

Is there ANY other team that is clamoring for their 3rd string QB to move up the charts?

It's ridiculous.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
NoShameInMyGame said:
When someone bets they should be grown up enough to own up to the terms of the bet . . . ;)

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29642&page=6&pp=15&highlight=Gentlemen%27s

*Edit* Look at post #93 . . . Still think you're not welching?

Ben, if this is you, you should just do this stuff off line.

If this is not Ben, then imagine my surprise. Ben has managed to improve his financial situation to the point of hiring an Errand Boy. I hope, NSIMG, you have not aggreed to anything else. I also hope you are gettting paid well for this.

Pretty silly guys. We could probably get by without this nonsense.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Jarv said:
Nors, weren't you supposed to have a crow avatar if Al S. was on the roster at the beginning of the year.

I wore the avatar after Alsmall made team. And said AL Johnson would start. He is.

Get some skin in the game. Its easy to sit back and second guess.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jarv said:

He'll never say he welched on that even though everyone else who played along says he did.

I'm going to find a Tony Romo avatar today and put it up. I don't see the bet as won, but clearly he does. I also question how he was supposed to pay up if I had won? No big deal. I don't care. I'm pulling for Drew Bledsoe and could care less about who is #2.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Hostile said:
He'll never say he welched on that even though everyone else who played along says he did.

I'm going to find a Tony Romo avatar today and put it up. I don't see the bet as won, but clearly he does. I also question how he was supposed to pay up if I had won? No big deal. I don't care. I'm pulling for Drew Bledsoe and could care less about who is #2.

Hos, if you didn't lose the bet, stick to your guns and don't do it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
Hos, if you didn't lose the bet, stick to your guns and don't do it.
Naw, in his eyes I lost. I don't care either way so I will pay up.

We had a provision that if Henson was the #2 for more games or if Bledsoe went down and Henson was made the starter that he would have to pay back the week plus add a week. He isn't here to pay up. If Henson had won the backup job he still isn't here to pay up.

I should have had a provision that the bet was null and void if he got banned. It's not like I am going to go to another site to make sure he pays up.

No big deal. I requested an avatar and I will use it for a week and I don't care. Had I won I wouldn't have cared either.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Nors said:
I wore the avatar after Alsmall made team. And said AL Johnson would start. He is.

Get some skin in the game. Its easy to sit back and second guess.

I did have some Nors, I was in on that bet. Al made the team.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Jarv said:
I did have some Nors, I was in on that bet. Al made the team.
He wore a crow avatar of his choice before the final roster was set so in his mind the bet is paid up. The Enigma was supposed to choose the avatar and it was supposed to be AFTER he made the team.

Like I said though, he won't see it that way.

kartr

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Nothing is impossible, but barring injury Romo and Henson won't see much action this year. They may flip flop who is 2nd and 3rd string several times like last year.

Bledsoe is playing well enough that this really isn't a good chance. The offense sputtered last night but he played well. At least I thought he did and I'm pretty critical. I felt the play calling was too conservative.

He got a lot of yardage, but he fumbled twice, missed a bunch of open receivers and couldn't throw a touchdown,except on a trick play. He wasn't blitzed much at all, yet made few big plays.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Hostile said:
He wore a crow avatar of his choice before the final roster was set so in his mind the bet is paid up. The Enigma was supposed to choose the avatar and it was supposed to be AFTER he made the team.

Like I said though, he won't see it that way.

Sheesh Hos, hope next isn't bringing lawyers to the forum to debate our bets.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I consider this avatar payment in full on Ben's bet. I will use it for 1 week per agreement.