Drew Lock

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This thread is getting a lot of feedback
Then it'll get moved to Draft/FA forum and won't be seen again

Hopefully that forum has some increased participation

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I will wait until next years Qb class which will be much better. Besides we are going to be picking the 64th best player when it is our turn on the clock.
Imagine the contract theyd give Dak if we won it all this year.
Lolololololololololololol

TheCritic

Reaction score
I don't see Drew Lock being any better than Mike White, who Kellen Moore is grooming to eventually replace Dak. If we were to trade up, I'd rather pick up an offensive lineman or a defensive tackle that can make us forget about David Irving.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Drew Lock would look good with a star on his helmet....just saying

Trade Sean Lee, Collins and a 2nd to grab him?...whatcha think :)
first off has Rush or white even got snap here? if Dak isn't injured, which hes very tough and durable, and add we play such close games, rarely blowout in either direction.

how will these guys ever see playing time in real action with the #1s to prove and grow who they are? seems like wasted picks if you cant groom backups..i would love a viable option to push Dak but as long as the Jones's own the team and Garrets coaching, they wont pull or sit Dak to even start a QB controversy..this wil even be dug in deeper should they extend dak.. with no 1 this draft we cant waste a pick on bench warmer .clip board decorator that we already have two of..

Id say 2020 is better look at QB after we see Dak possibly with new OC and QB coach with better scheme.. If hes still hovering around 16 as a starting qb maybe it will open eyes to get a future replacement,.

Id rather them get a viable VEt backup like Kap or similar that can be insurance and maybe a mouthpiece to help Dak..

John813

Reaction score
This thread is getting a lot of feedback
Then it'll get moved to Draft/FA forum and won't be seen again

Hopefully that forum has some increased participation

Once the season ends it picks up views/comments.

Now with a playoff run in reach, most tune out the draft.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Drew Lock would look good with a star on his helmet....just saying

Trade Sean Lee, Collins and a 2nd to grab him?...whatcha think :)

I'm enamored with him also

Him on this roster with a year under his belt, we're a contender. For the whole enchilada, not just a pathetically weak NFC East

Flamma

Reaction score
Can we at least please find out if it's our supporting cast giving Dak fits before we draft another QB?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I love his talent. I could see him falling deep into day 2 because of his production. I would take on flier on him in the 3rd, and see what type of pro he develops into.

There won't be an elite prospect if Herbert backs out, but there could be enough guys to push him

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
I like Grier better. Both are projects though and we really don’t have the coaching staff for a project

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I like Grier better. Both are projects though and we really don’t have the coaching staff for a project
This is a hard QB class to assess this year. I've seen Haskins mentioned as a top 10 pick and I just don't see it. Outside of Herbert, I don't think any QB is a for-sure 1st rounder.

If the Cowboys were going to take a QB high this year, and we all know they won't, I'd want Grier first and Lock second, and that would be bottom of the 1st round (for the 5th year) or early 2nd round. Grier seems to have the intangibles and he's a gunslinger. Lock has the physical tools I like in quarterbacks. I just think a Missouri QB facing 8 SEC defenses a year is going to get beat up a little. I really want to see him at the Senior Bowl.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
This is a hard QB class to assess this year. I've seen Haskins mentioned as a top 10 pick and I just don't see it. Outside of Herbert, I don't think any QB is a for-sure 1st rounder.

If the Cowboys were going to take a QB high this year, and we all know they won't, I'd want Grier first and Lock second, and that would be bottom of the 1st round (for the 5th year) or early 2nd round. Grier seems to have the intangibles and he's a gunslinger. Lock has the physical tools I like in quarterbacks. I just think a Missouri QB facing 8 SEC defenses a year is going to get beat up a little. I really want to see him at the Senior Bowl.
Grier throws a nice ball, I would be happy with him to