Twitter: Drew Pearson and Marshall Faulk talk Cowboys Playoff Chances

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Drew Pearson

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 8m
Drew Pearson on #Cowboys chances of making the playoffs: "They have a great chance because of the play from the quarterback Tony Romo."
Drew Pearson on Tony Romo: "He has been more efficient this year, he's been protecting the football and he knows the process it takes."

Marshall Faulk

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 5m
Marshall Faulk: "What I saw from [Dallas] is resolve..When things go wrong they start to look internally..and they start finding answers."
Marshall Faulk on NFL Network said #Cowboys are playing "playoff-caliber football. ..They're building [and] getting ready for the playoffs."

------------------------------

Faulk is still an *** :cool:

DallasCowboysRule!

Reaction score
Resolve is not a word we have heard associated with the Cowboys the last several years but I agree with Faulk. The team is finding ways to win against adversity.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Well, we winning but I'd say we're on the lower end of the playoff play. But we're winning. The pass defense is well, challenged, until they get backed up to the RZ then it starts working. If I was smart enough I could tell you why that is; beyond the obvious stuff.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, we winning but I'd say we're on the lower end of the playoff play. But we're winning. The pass defense is well, challenged, until they get backed up to the RZ then it starts working. If I was smart enough I could tell you why that is; beyond the obvious stuff.

Our press coverage from the CBs has actually been ok most of the year when they're all on the field. It's just not until our Ss get compressed enough by the end zone that the can cover long enough with the diminished pressure we're getting up front. That said, with Heath playing more passing down snaps recently, I think their range is better, too. We're getting to the point where, if the LBs were healthy, the only issue is generating more pressure. If Wilber can help with that off the strong side, and, with Lee back if we start bringing Carter up the A gap, who knows? We might improve here at the end of the year all the way to 'decent.'

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Our press coverage from the CBs has actually been ok most of the year when they're all on the field. It's just not until our Ss get compressed enough by the end zone that the can cover long enough with the diminished pressure we're getting up front. That said, with Heath playing more passing down snaps recently, I think their range is better, too. We're getting to the point where, if the LBs were healthy, the only issue is generating more pressure. If Wilber can help with that off the strong side, and, with Lee back if we start bringing Carter up the A gap, who knows? We might improve here at the end of the year all the way to 'decent.'

I agree. If we can stop the run then get pressure to defend the pass then we can play if they will turn Romo et al loose.

Fredd

Reaction score
get pressure on the QB and the secondary will look WAYYYYY better....

....and, I was surprised to the see the comments as well, but I agree with them; the Cowboys seem to actually be making adjustments during a game...we haven't witnessed that in quite a while

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
His recent attempt at making sense almost seems like conscious effort to reinvent himself. Try as he may, it's just impossible hide from multiple years of butt-hurt, slanted commentary. Any way you slice it, he's a Bozo to the absolute bone.

Listen..

He's competing against a lot of strong commentator personalities.

He's got his own style..I respect his opinions.

Certainly Don't always agree with him.

But I feel the same about Troy Aikman.

He was a great player in his time..Nuff said.

khiladi

Reaction score
Drew Pearson

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 8m
Drew Pearson on #Cowboys chances of making the playoffs: "They have a great chance because of the play from the quarterback Tony Romo."
Drew Pearson on Tony Romo: "He has been more efficient this year, he's been protecting the football and he knows the process it takes."

Marshall Faulk

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 5m
Marshall Faulk: "What I saw from [Dallas] is resolve..When things go wrong they start to look internally..and they start finding answers."
Marshall Faulk on NFL Network said #Cowboys are playing "playoff-caliber football. ..They're building [and] getting ready for the playoffs."

------------------------------

Faulk is still an *** :cool:

damn.. Marshall Faulk has hope...

khiladi

Reaction score
Marshall Faulk may hate on the Cowboys, but he was a phenom on the football field... incredible to watch