News: Drew Pearson: Dez ‘realizes now that when he comes out of that huddle, he’s the dominant force

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
wait, i thought Drew was a 'hater'

/sarcasm
haha. This is the difference between someone who's blind, and someone who is a fan, but has to be honest about the team and players. He means no harm, like most of us, he just wants better for Dez. And once you prove something, then the props come.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
First of all I hate the term "hater" and cringe whenever it's used. Literally one of the most overused words anywhere..

As for Dez not living up to potential...according to whose expectations? Seems to me he's right on target and was quite productive for someone not living up to potential. Was he messing up? Yep, sure was. To the point, Romo froze him out on more than a few series in a game and rightly so.

But looking at his career in it's totality, he's always been on track for the expectations placed on him THIS year. I think fans have unrealistic expectations of most players and if he doesn't meet them in THEIR timeframe, then the guy's on his way to being a bust.

Um, that was right on target. You reserve the "bust" word for guys who's been in the league a while and still can't find a clue. And I'll guarantee you this, for those who wanted this dude gone, there would be a line back to Jerusalem to pick him up.

visionary

Reaction score
Thanks, I was just about to post something along this line.
I think Drew was possibly frustrated with Dez, has the talent but needed to get it focused on the field.
It's just when Drew was critical it came across that he was a hater. As I even thought that at times. But I don't beleive he intended it that way.
He also possibly over looked the fact that most WR's take about 3 years to really "get it".

One person that seemed to be on Dez's side, was Chris Collinsworth, Yes he's had his moments too. But he said on several game broadcasts, he thought Dez would be fine, it was just going to take a little more time. But watch out when he gets it. It was minor youth, immature mistakes, he would be fine.

agree
there are 2 sides to this debate
i just felt that at least in this case, Drew was just saying what he felt to be accurate and his recent statements seem to bear that out
many on here were happy to label him (attack the messenger) and move on

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Well, Drew just gave Dez (not Jerry, not Garrett, not Calvin Hill) the credit for Dez's seeming turnaround in his personal life.

He also picked us to go to the Superbowl this year.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Well, Drew just gave Dez (not Jerry, not Garrett, not Calvin Hill) the credit for Dez's seeming turnaround in his personal life.

I guess Drew still knows a lot about football afterall.lol

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dez should absolutely get credit for that. If he personally didn't want to turn his life, then no matter what Jerry, JG, or Calvin Hill did would've helped. I applaud Dez for his growth.

As for the SB thing, Meh *shrug*

Takes one to know one.

slomoxn

Reaction score
First of all I hate the term "hater" and cringe whenever it's used. Literally one of the most overused words anywhere..

As for Dez not living up to potential...according to whose expectations? Seems to me he's right on target and was quite productive for someone not living up to potential. Was he messing up? Yep, sure was. To the point, Romo froze him out on more than a few series in a game and rightly so.

But looking at his career in it's totality, he's always been on track for the expectations placed on him THIS year. I think fans have unrealistic expectations of most players and if he doesn't meet them in THEIR timeframe, then the guy's on his way to being a bust.

I agree, besides that he was a rookie when Pearson started flapping his gums about him not living up to his potential... A rookie that had to sit out a year of college ball because of Neon Dion, and his skills still helped him have a productive rookie year. At the time I wondered why Pearson would even say anything about Dez as he just entered the league. Now he is figuring it out and Pearson has something good to say after the fact, his support should have been "Dez is just a youngster but give him a couple of years and he'll be a monster" instead he talked about what he didn't do that not too many first year receivers "superstar or not" do in their first year, which is make the pro bowl or whatever Drew thinks he should have done to make Drew happy.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not real excited about our OL - I'm concerned about our defense............ but one thing I'm postive about is that - - barring injury - Dez is going to have a fantastic year. :)

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I think Dez has always been confident in his physical ability to be a "dominant force," the problem was that he depended on it too much. If he has gained an understanding on how to combine his talent with a proper understanding of the offense, he will have a monster year...which I expect.

I think he will have a monster ... career... Most WR's with amazing talent that can't or won't get it mentally don't work as hard and make the leaps and bounds development that Dez has

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
And trust me every defensive coordinator in football will know this. I expect him to receive the same bracket coverage help that T.O used to get in his prime.

Essentially daring Miles and Wit to beat them. I like those odds.

And anytime you see 88 out there in man coverage, I guarantee Tony is going to feed him the rock. He's just a playmaker in the truest sense of the word. Even if he's covered put the ball in his area and he's gonna come down with it.

I'm as excited about Dez as I've ever been with a Cowboy's player since the Dynasty era - he's one of those 'on a whole nother level' kinda guys. Now that he knows the playbook, route adjustments, and understands we go as far as he and 9 take us - the sky is the limit for him.

Damn I just got kinda fired up.