CFZ Driving the Bus: We've Got a Good Thing Going with Cooper Rush

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
5989a585-d9a6-46f2-8661-e0767a0e5e65_text.gif

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
wonder if we could get Romo to read the defense for dak. He could do this on the side and relay it in from up in a booth.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
It’ll be very interesting when Dak is healthy because he will start and play. I actually wish him well but still skeptical because
of his issues.....
How much slack will he get IF he continues his poor play?

CWR

Reaction score
The offense has learned how to win with Cooper Rush driving the proverbial bus. Of course, this not only set an example that Dak can strive for, it has shown the players how to come through and win on their own.

So, maybe when Dak does come back, the offense will be more of a team, and play with the cohesion and will to win games.

I have to say, it was nice looking at the team without Dak on the offense and Parsons on the defense, just for a moment, to see what it looks like without them.

In the end, Cooper Rush could end up being our guy.

A good part of his game is starting to remind me of Kurt Warner, and so he would just need the reps after sticking it out as backup for 6 years.

As a whole, this team could surprise people, just because they've caught so much flack and the Eagles are perceived to be so much better. If they keep playing with their backs against the wall and a chip on their shoulders that just might help them win as a team.

So and so may have a bad game, but as a team, they win. That's how it goes. The guy who had the bad game picks up the slack the next time. You just can't have too many in a row, for the team.

That's what I feel like Cooper Rush has gifted us. Instead of folding under pressure, this team is still alive and well. And most importantly, their story has yet to be written.

It's impossible not to love Rush at this point. The Kurt Warner comparison is perfect. I was listening to a podcast where they named some obscure record that has only been accomplished by two backups, Kurt Warner and Cooper Rush. Sorry I can't remember what it was, but the comparison is cool nonetheless.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
It's impossible not to love Rush at this point. The Kurt Warner comparison is perfect. I was listening to a podcast where they named some obscure record that has only been accomplished by two backups, Kurt Warner and Cooper Rush. Sorry I can't remember what it was, but the comparison is cool nonetheless.

I am excited about Rush but whatever obscure stat is was is not really relevant. You are comparing Rush to a possible HOF QB.

You are talking about the Greatest Show on Turf.

Rush is not that.

CWR

Reaction score
I am excited about Rush but whatever obscure stat is was is not really relevant. You are comparing Rush to a possible HOF QB.

You are talking about the Greatest Show on Turf.

Rush is not that.

I totally get that. I'm not saying he's the next Warner, but he's given us something to be excited about and we may not know his ceiling.

zeke21

Reaction score
Daks best year, by a long way, was his rookie year. It was no surprise given he had Romo and Sanchez on the sideline calling out the D and no one had tape on him. Also he was winning AS A BUS DRIVER.. I've said for six years.. the good is legit good at being a bus driving QB.. paying him 40M was crazy.. he has never been and will never be a '40M QB'.

I hope they just keep letting Rush drive the bus, take the ego out of it and go and hunt some play off wins.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But let's be honest here that payday is not Dak's fault. It's not his agent's fault either.

IN both these cases they were both doing what they had to do. Dak took the bets on himself. The agent did his job, and as a outsider to the events we would have to say he did it well.

The salaries are set, the team rosters are somewhat set for the majority of the starters, although this fluctuates with injuries and so on.

What we have to determine as fans is whom we choose to support, and how we engage in dialogue about how things can improve. But in week 4 complaining about Dak's salary isn't how this team is going to win the next game or changes his potential performance.

I like what Ruch is doing right now, and we can't take that away from him. I think Dak could learn something from this time off.

What I would have liked to see from Dak during this period is him locked down right beside Moore and not only hearing the calls given to Rush, but standing beside Kellen to hear the dialogue between all the coaches who are in Kellen's earpiece and hearing Moore's banter.

If Rush is a bus driver right now, then he is doing a heck of a job driving the bus. Maybe Dak needs to figure out how Cooper is steering and take a page out of this driving manual for his own use.

Dak, in physical talent, is the better QB, and if he can find some nuggets in Rush's play and learn from it the team can benefit from this.

Physical talent is only a part of the job requirement. Brady was a 6th round pick b/c he lacks the big arm. Elway didn't win a super bowl until the later stages of his career when his arm was long past its prime. Manning won a super with a noodle for an arm at the end of his career. The point is that most of the QB job is between the ears. You have to be able to read a defense fast and no where to go with the ball based on that decision. A QB needs a baseline of arm talent. the rest is decision making and processing speed.

Two of the biggest arms the NFL has ever seen are Jeff George and Jemarcus Russel. So, there you go. George was notorious for poor decisions and Jemarcus couldn't read a defense.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I hope they just keep letting Rush drive the bus, take the ego
and another :D
I think they should, but we know jerry, he wont.

What they should do is say dak will go back in as soon as he hits .500
If he keeps winning he stays in, and can lose as long as he doesnt hit .500

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yep, we've seen how discombobulated Dak gets trying to decipher this defense. He has really stunk it up since the Denver game last season. And then laid an egg against TB. Hope he is learning from Cooper and earns his paycheck.
good point, but then his fans say look at the nfce east games where he blew them out !! whoopee!

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Physical talent is only a part of the job requirement. Brady was a 6th round pick b/c he lacks the big arm. Elway didn't win a super bowl until the later stages of his career when his arm was long past its prime. Manning won a super with a noodle for an arm at the end of his career. The point is that most of the QB job is between the ears. You have to be able to read a defense fast and no where to go with the ball based on that decision. A QB needs a baseline of arm talent. the rest is decision making and processing speed.

Two of the biggest arms the NFL has ever seen are Jeff George and Jemarcus Russel. So, there you go. George was notorious for poor decisions and Jemarcus couldn't read a defense.

That's right. I've said this since Romo.

For instance. As good as Rush has played thus far, he will face struggles. It's how he responds to those struggles that matter. He strikes me as the type of guy who will be starting for someone in the near future. You can build a team around a guy like Cooper Rush, and I never thought I'd say that. I can't believe I am saying that.

Being a bus driver isn't a bad thing! It never was supposed to be a bad thing. It was supposed to be something to strive for.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's right. I've said this since Romo.

For instance. As good as Rush has played thus far, he will face struggles. It's how he responds to those struggles that matter. He strikes me as the type of guy who will be starting for someone in the near future. You can build a team around a guy like Cooper Rush, and I never thought I'd say that. I can't believe I am saying that.

Being a bus driver isn't a bad thing! It never was supposed to be a bad thing. It was supposed to be something to strive for.

Dak's best season was his rookie year and all he did was drive the bus on a limited playbook. Cooper stands tall in the pocket and isn't afraid of taking a hit. He bounced back from a poor first half in NY and lead the team to a win.

You have to hand it Jerry. He is the Mr McGoo of GMs. Cooper is the 3rd QB in a row he's literally backed into.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Dak's best season was his rookie year and all he did was drive the bus on a limited playbook. Cooper stands tall in the pocket and isn't afraid of taking a hit. He bounced back from a poor first half in NY and lead the team to a win.

You have to hand it Jerry. He is the Mr McGoo of GMs. Cooper is the 3rd QB in a row he's literally backed into.

Man, I'll have to admit I backed into him too. I was mad at Jerry for sticking with him. Now I kinda love Jerry for it when I think about it.

khiladi

Reaction score
Yep, we've seen how discombobulated Dak gets trying to decipher this defense. He has really stunk it up since the Denver game last season. And then laid an egg against TB. Hope he is learning from Cooper and earns his paycheck.

Guy stinks it up annually. It’s nothing new.

Dak Prescott told them on the field, he said, and then he told us, in the locker room. His team in a tailspin, his offense sputtering, Prescott abandoned discretion when asked why they’d fallen from 3-0 to 3-3.

He also has no problems throwing his teammates under the bus.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/phi...ott-carson-wentz-20191017.html?outputType=amp

khiladi

Reaction score
Here is an old, but really good assessment in certain from an Eagles fan of the differences between Dak and Wentz. This description is for example dead-on and it’s still very apparent in regards to Dak, particularly in regards to the routes Moore gives Dak:

Prescott does not like throwing in-breaking patterns before he sees them uncover, especially when he’s tasked with progression reads. OC Kellen Moore gave Prescott a ton of level-based, hi-lo stretches that would allow Prescott to quickly attack flat-footed linebackers in short zones and hit playmakers in stride. Prescott was generally fine, but left meat on the bone by failing to trigger on quick-breaking routes that required early releases into tight windows. After missing those concepts, he’d often have to eat the play for a throwaway or a sack.

Late throws from Prescott have led to PBUs or limited YAC across the course of his career, with such examples coming in the final few plays of the above cut-up. Prescott’s multiple hitches and “burping the baby” — patting the ball excessively before starting his throwing motion — delay his throw, which forces him to add extra zip to yam that thing in a window that no longer exists.

In the case of the outside routes against Minnesota and Houston, consider how the hitches Prescott must take limit his ability to make these throws on time and accurately. This is an issue that, again, Prescott has done admirably well to address, but still remains on his film.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...philadelphia-eagles-dallas-cowboys-comparison