Drumming/Percussion Appreciation Thread

cowboyec

Reaction score

one of the best featuring Elvis' vocals and his incredible TCB Band...with king tutt on the drums.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Loved Mitch Mitchell with Jimi

Most of the best drummers have already been listed in this thread.

I will add a few I like.

Late Vinnie Paul of Pantera. Till this very day I can listen to Pantera songs from various CDs and still hear a drum riff of two in each song that it is killer and not just filler.

Pete Sandoval formerly with Morbid Angel

Dave Lombardo when he was in Slayer.

Igor Cavalera of Sepultura

Bill Ward of Black Sabbath

pete026

Reaction score
Gene Krupa - short solo but interesting guy. Neil Peart went to Freddie Gruber to improve his drumming technique after joining Rush. Freddie being one of the best drum teachers ever, was a "follower" of the Krupa technique. You can see a little Neil in this video.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a feature on drummers on Netflix called "Count Me In" and it is very good; however, I think, like many music documentarians, they could not license music for Bonham and no mention was made of Peart, which is a travesty. But it is worth the time invested.

I read this story years ago about when Steven Spielberg was a young man just starting out and heard Benny Goodman's "Sing, Sing, Sing" with Gene Krupa on the skins, he vowed to put the vision that created in his head in a film and followed through with that in "1941", as good a choreographed scene as ever filmed. It might have even served as the main story of the main character in the story.