News: DT Richard Ash says landing with Cowboys ‘a great Christmas present’

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FRISCO

Defensive tackle Richard Ash thought about purchasing a flight to the Dallas—Fort Worth area after the Jacksonville Jaguars season ended to watch his alma mater, Western Michigan, take on Wisconsin in the Cotton Bowl on Jan. 2.

Good thing he never bought a flight.

The Dallas Cowboys signed Ash off the Jaguars’ practice squad Tuesday, and he’ll be active for Sunday’s game in Philadelphia. And, with players getting Monday off, Ash shouldn’t have any issue getting to see his Broncos in person.

More than anything, though, Ash is happy to join a playoff-bound team.

“To actually be here and have a chance to play in the Super Bowl? I don’t think I can beat that, so it’s a real honor,” Ash said. “It’s a great Christmas present and New Year’s resolution. I’m going to miss those guys [in Jacksonville], but it’s a business at the end of the day.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/sports...rner-blog/article123847444.html#storylink=cpy

lwehlers

Reaction score
I hope that ash enjoys his only game he will play this season. maybe he stays on the 53 man roster in the playoffs.

batman36

Reaction score
We are gonna Miss Rod when he is gone. Regardless of what people say this dude has made a gourmet meal with cupboard scraps. Imagine if he had real talent.
It may be that by the time Marinelli leaves, the Chefs (S. Jones and W. McClay) will have stocked the defense with lobster and filet mignon. We can hope.

manster4ever

Reaction score
We are gonna Miss Rod when he is gone. Regardless of what people say this dude has made a gourmet meal with cupboard scraps. Imagine if he had real talent.

NO doubt. But I think he stays another year or two. He's so damn salty (in a good way) and he KNOWS we are going to load up on D in the draft at some point. I think we do that in '17 as a matter of fact. He deserves it too.

manster4ever

Reaction score
BTW...regarding McClay: PAY the man whatever he wants to stay a few more years. I don't mean to go dark, but after JJ dies if Will's still around he really deserves the GM title. Would be disappointed if SJ took the title.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
I doubt anyone with the Jacksonville Jaguars will hold a grudge. Worst to first with a Christmas bonus to boot.

Good business decision, and not a hard one to make.