DT Wilkins to Raiders

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'd say that Hargrave lived up to it last year. Sure, his numbers were down some from the previous year, but he helped San Fran reach the Super Bowl.
Ehh.....I don't know if I agree. Its just year 1 of the deal so its hard to say he was worth the whole deal since we are so early in it. And i'd say he is far down the list of why the 49ers reached the Super Bowl.

But I have no issue overpaying. Overpay to shore up a weakness. Wouldn't bother me.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Ehh.....I don't know if I agree. Its just year 1 of the deal so its hard to say he was worth the whole deal since we are so early in it. And i'd say he is far down the list of why the 49ers reached the Super Bowl.

But I have no issue overpaying. Overpay to shore up a weakness. Wouldn't bother me.
Fair enough. I'm not sure most free agents at any position live up to these big contracts, but that's the price of doing business. If we want to improve, we need to do it. If we want to tread water, we just need to keep following this flawed approach that has shown that it does not work. Apparently, the Joneses are delusional enough to think they can keep doing the same thing and get different (better) results.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
per NFL Network, 4 years 110 million
Thats a crazy contract for a good player, with 1 great season under his belt. But thats what you get in free agency. Good players are paid like great players, and average players are paid like good players.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Fair enough. I'm not sure most free agents at any position live up to these big contracts, but that's the price of doing business. If we want to improve, we need to do it. If we want to tread water, we just need to keep following this flawed approach that has shown that it does not work. Apparently, the Joneses are delusional enough to think they can keep doing the same thing and get different (better) results.
I mean i've spoke about it in the past....its impossible for these guys to live up to the deals because on their rookie deals they are in the prime of their career physically. A guy is on his rookie deal from 21- to 26 years old....he's only going down hill from there.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
well he likes money but winning dont mean much to him in the same division as mahommes lol