DTV Superfan HDTV

dstew60105

Reaction score
Just got off the line with DTV and although it says on their site that it's $99.00, if you are a returning Sunday Ticket subscriber you can call in and order Sunperfan over the phone for $49.50. I've read many threads complaining about the $99.00 so I hope this helps.

Don

ravidubey

Reaction score
I ordered my $50 "deal" yesterday. This is a ripoff. They are making you pay for HD games that they gave for free last year.

Next year they will charge the full $99 without exception and I will be even more bitter. I'll probably end the service at that point. A bar is way cheaper than $350 a year to see two Cowboys games that aren't already on National TV or broadcast locally here in Northern VA.

playit12

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
I ordered my $50 "deal" yesterday. This is a ripoff. They are making you pay for HD games that they gave for free last year.

Next year they will charge the full $99 without exception and I will be even more bitter. I'll probably end the service at that point. A bar is way cheaper than $350 a year to see two Cowboys games that aren't already on National TV or broadcast locally here in Northern VA.

I don't know... I'm in NoVa too and I missed quite a bit of games last year. Damn Commanders. If not for the fact that I have to keep my Cable Internet I'd actually consider the DTV. But I'm not a returning customer... so the price would be out of my range.

Bryan8284

Reaction score
I got a letter in late June saying they are dropping their price to $49 and my account got credited for what I already had paid.

ravidubey

Reaction score
playit12 said:
I don't know... I'm in NoVa too and I missed quite a bit of games last year. Damn Commanders. If not for the fact that I have to keep my Cable Internet I'd actually consider the DTV. But I'm not a returning customer... so the price would be out of my range.

I use Cox cable modem/service for my Internet connection and DirecTV for television. I would like to switch to Cox digital cable to:

- Get Local channels in High Def without resorting to an antenna.
- Get On Demand service
- Get a High Def DVR for a fraction of what it costs to buy.
- Get international programming. DirecTV is retardedly backwards with this.
- Pay only a single bill.

What keeps me using DirecTV?

- NFL Sunday Ticket (and I guess now this g__ "Superfan" package).
- Combined, Cox cable for Internet plus DirecTV with local channels package is cheaper than Cox Digital Cable.
- Sharp, beautiful HDTV and SDTV pictures; cables' quality is not the same from what I have seen.

Compacity

Benched
Reaction score
ravidubey said:

You should just simply get the Directv Hu Card, or special box that is like a scrambler for simply 120....and call it free satilite service....

Hey Im doing it... forget DTV...

Everybody talking about USA is a free country... when I brought that Hu Card and got all the right programs they told me to buy with it to keep it on...I knew USA was a free country with free DTV...

ravidubey

Reaction score
Compacity said:
You should just simply get the Directv Hu Card, or special box that is like a scrambler for simply 120....and call it free satilite service....

Everybody talking about USA is a free country... when I brought that Hu Card and got all the right programs they told me to buy with it to keep it on...I knew USA was a free country with free DTV...

Besides it being illegal, they keep cracking those codes and the cards have to be reprogrammed constantly, right? How is that worth it?

Dat mans bro

Reaction score
I would be careful about illegal satellite. i used to work for DTV and know they are very vindictive when it comes to this. One time they prosecuted a guy that had it for three years for all the programming he COULD of watched over the years. They made him pay restituton of $30K for all the stuff he could of watched. Just a warning. Plus they do have ways of knocking out the cards so you have to get it redone.

Anyways, I ordered my superfan a couple days ago. $50 I can take easier than $99. Got the TV, might as well use it I figured.

dstew60105

Reaction score
Compacity said:

The HU card has been gone for over a year. No hack for the P4 or P5.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
dstew60105 said:
Just got off the line with DTV and although it says on their site that it's $99.00, if you are a returning Sunday Ticket subscriber you can call in and order Sunperfan over the phone for $49.50. I've read many threads complaining about the $99.00 so I hope this helps.

Don

I plan on calling them and asking one very important question-- if I pony up the extra money, will games that are broadcast over my "local" channels (in my case, the DC area stations) be blacked out on the high definition feeds again this year??

If so, they can take their high definition package and stick it where the sun don't shine... watching football in high definition is GREAT, but not if all I can get is the Chiefs versus the Broncos... there probably weren't more than 3 or 4 Cowboys games on HDTV last year that were not blacked out for me...

Now, if they've done away with that moronic blackout policy, I reckon 50 bucks isn't too much for me to swallow...

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
silverbear said:
I plan on calling them and asking one very important question-- if I pony up the extra money, will games that are broadcast over my "local" channels (in my case, the DC area stations) be blacked out on the high definition feeds again this year??
Don't expect an informed response. I called last week and my call went to somewhere on the sub-continent. The woman I spoke with didn't even know what football was, and she answered all my questions by reading from a card. I talked to her supervisor and she wasn't much better.

Good luck, though!

goshan

Reaction score
I don't know how many times we have to cover the DirecTV blackout policy regarding the fact they are forced to blackout Sunday Ticket games that air on the local station.

The NFL forces DirecTV to do this because of the agreements they have with the national networks.
There is nothing DirecTV can do about it - of course they would love to broadcast all games.
Send your complaints to the NFL and your local network - they are the ones who won't let DirecTV broadcast the games.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ravidubey said:

Sunday Ticket is still the best thing going, especially if you live someplace where you cant get all the Cowboy games...I've had it since its inception with DTV and while I dont like the price increases, its still awesome to get the games in my living room

David

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to keep my allegiance with Sunday Ticket. When I first got the package years ago and had the ability to just flick a channel to any game I wanted to watch, I thought I had died and gone to Heaven. I've never had to miss a Cowboys game since.

I'll just pay the money and smile, thank-you very much..

I’ve never forgotten the pain of missing half the Cowboys games in the 70s and 80s:)

dstew60105

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
Sunday Ticket is still the best thing going, especially if you live someplace where you cant get all the Cowboy games...I've had it since its inception with DTV and while I dont like the price increases, its still awesome to get the games in my living room

David

Gotta agree with you there David. $220.00 + $50.00 for Superfan and it still is only $16.00 a week for 17 weeks. Not a bad deal, especially when you consider what it would cost to go watch it at a local bar.