Duke Robinson

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I know nothing about him and see his name mentioned a lot on here. what do you guys like about him? assuming everybody wants him to replace kosier is he smart? cause the evidence of last season shows Kosier is the brains on our o-line.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Robinson is a big ole fella. He is a mountain of an OG. He is a very good pass blocker. I do not really know how good of a run blocker he is, as OU didn't run that much this year, and when they do, it is usually on tosses, sweeps, or draws.....at least from what I saw.

I will say this. Robinson was starting on the OL when Peterson was there, and you saw the numbers he put up.

Whoever, gets this guy is going to get a mauler, a top OG talent and prospect.

BTW, I have no agenda here....I hate OU with a passion.

HOOK EM HORNS

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Duke Robinson is my favorite player in this Draft. I think he is the answer at LG for 10 to 12 years. He is the best OG in this class.

He is 6'5", 330 pounds of human bulldozer.

#72.

[youtube]-3qy7xxeVHA[/youtube]

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
is he smart? cause Gurode is a flippin moron and somebody has to make the line calls.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Biggems;2689634 said:
Robinson is a big ole fella. He is a mountain of an OG. He is a very good pass blocker. I do not really know how good of a run blocker he is, as OU didn't run that much this year, and when they do, it is usually on tosses, sweeps, or draws.....at least from what I saw.

I will say this. Robinson was starting on the OL when Peterson was there, and you saw the numbers he put up.

HOOK EM HORNS

This Horns fan concurs... Duke is a stud, plain and simple... he's the one player I'd most like to see the Boys add at pick 51...

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2689821 said:
I don't want him

too many people like him

I didnt say I wanted him, I just said he is a beast of an OG. He is the best OG prospect in the draft. How many times did you see Bradford get hit this year? Not very often, and if it happened, it most likely wasn't Robinson's man that did it. I know Loadholt gave up some sacks, pressures, and hits, especially vs UT and Orakpo.

hendog

Reaction score
Biggems;2689634 said:

HOOK EM HORNS

They had 2 RB's over 1,000 yards IIRC.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
One of the things that stuck out the most to me in various highlights was his ability to recognize stunting linemen and react quickly by coming off his double-team with the center, meeting them in the hole.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I think he might be one of those "buyer beware" guys.

First I have to say I havent seen enough of his games, but the Florida game I watched him and Loadholt and both of them struggled with speed, the kind of speed they will see every week in the NFL.

Second the guy has a soft looking body, and then I read he managed only 20 reps on the bench at his proday. The guy's 6'5 and 330 and can only do 20 reps?

He could end up a solid starter, but he could crash and burn too. I'd probably be hesitant to use our 1st pick (and only day one selection right now) on him.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Rampage;2689728 said:
is he smart? cause Gurode is a flippin moron and somebody has to make the line calls.

Why do you keep saying that? Gurode is not stupid. Dan Marino scored a ten on the Wonderlic which is not even close to being a true measure of intelligence. Obviously Marino is no where close to having an IQ of 50.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
jobberone;2690039 said:
Why do you keep saying that? Gurode is not stupid. Dan Marino scored a ten on the Wonderlic which is not even close to being a true measure of intelligence. Obviously Marino is no where close to having an IQ of 50.
Agenda, agenda, agenda.....

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
dbair1967;2690018 said:
I think he might be one of those "buyer beware" guys.

First I have to say I havent seen enough of his games, but the Florida game I watched him and Loadholt and both of them struggled with speed, the kind of speed they will see every week in the NFL.

Second the guy has a soft looking body, and then I read he managed only 20 reps on the bench at his proday. The guy's 6'5 and 330 and can only do 20 reps?

He could end up a solid starter, but he could crash and burn too. I'd probably be hesitant to use our 1st pick (and only day one selection right now) on him.

long arms. take two guys with the exact same strength, one with long arms and one with short arms. the short arm guy will lift more on the bench press. he has less distance to lift against gravity, less distance to extend his muscles.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i figured Hostile would put more up for you, here is some stuff;
Duke Robinson, best player on the board Duke Robinson
G, Oklahoma DUKE ROBINSON MEASURABLES Height: 6-5 Weight: 329 40-yard dash: 4.71

War Room analysis
Run blocking: Is an aggressive in-line run blocker who gets after the defender quickly, makes contact with a hard blow, keeps his feet moving and has the strength to ride the defender out of the play. At times lets the defender get inside to disrupt running plays. Gets through the line of scrimmage quickly when uncovered and can make seal block on the linebacker easily. Struggles when he has to try and adjust quickly to block a moving target who is not on his track. Grade: 7.5
Pass blocking: Has the playing strength to tie up the defender and keep him pinned on the line of scrimmage. Fails to consistently get his hands up and punch the defender, which causes him to be driven backwards at times. Slide wells side to side in pass pro to handle quick pass rush moves. Is often a step late reacting to stunts, allowing the defender to shoot through the gap and pressure the quarterback. Grade: 7.5
Initial quickness: Gets out of his stance and set to block quickly. Needs to do a better job of staying focused on the snap to be consistently productive in the NFL. Grade: 7.5
Strength: Displays the aggressiveness to put the defender on his back. Has the size to be a dominant seal blocker. Is able to stop the defender in his tracks. Grade: 8.5
Mobility: Has the quickness to get to the second level fast when uncovered. Gets a little overaggressive at time, which leads to him whiffing and missing the block altogether. Needs to keep his knees bent and block with leverage on a more consistent level to play up to his talent. Grade: 7.5
Bottom line: Robinson has received a ton of national attention, and although he's not a superstar prospect, he should become a good NFL starter. For such a massive offensive lineman, he is a surprisingly good athlete and moves his feet well. He has the size and strength to be a dominant blocker, but must become more consistent and improve his technique to capitalize on his talent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Offensive Guard | Senior | Oklahoma Duke Robinson
Height: 6-5 | Weight: 329 | 40-Time: 5.27

Official Bio

Strengths:
Huge frame with long arms...Great bulk...Outstanding strength...Very powerful...Tough and physical...Nasty and is a finisher...Gets a great push and can be a dominating run blocker...Is stout at the point of attack...Uses his hands well...Plays with good leverage and bends at the knees...Quick with decent mobility and range...Good awareness and instincts...Versatile...A lot of experience against top competition.

Weaknesses:
Can be a bit inconsistent...Not a great technician...Isn't real light on his feet...Has lapses in concentration...Poor balance...Will get caught reaching at times...Will have some trouble with quicker defensive tackles...Work ethic has been questioned and tends to skate by on his natural ability...Little immature...Won't be an ideal fit for every team.

Notes:
First name is actually "George"...Great nephew of singer/songwriter Smokey Robinson...Was a three-year starter for the Sooners...Could also project to right tackle...Was a 1st Team All-American in 2007 and 2008...1st Team All-Big 12 as a junior and senior...Has all the physical tools you look for but needs to answer some questions about his intangibles...Can be as good as he wants to be....Optimal fit at the next level will likely come with a franchise that employs a power rushing attack...One of the premier interior offensive line prospects available.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
this should fix you up on duke robinson, enjoy

Duke Robinson
Guard
Oklahoma

Position: G
School: Oklahoma
School Year: Senior
Height: 6-6
Weight: 335

Draft Projection: Late First
Guard Rank: 1

Draft 101 Ratings
PASS BLOCKING RUN BLOCKING FOOTWORK SECOND LEVEL MEASURABLES SCORE
0 0 0 0 0 0

Strengths
The best run blocking guard to enter the draft in 10 years. Robinson is athletic and physical at the point of attack. For a big man Duke Robinson uses technique instead of just pure brute strength to dominate the opposition. There is a reason why Sam Bradford can make a sandwich every time he drops back to pass.

Weaknesses
Weight control is always a concern on players with this type of body. The question will also be asked about the supporting cast on Oklahoma's offensive line. Is he a product of playing next to 4 other first day NFL prospects?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i would be happy with OG duke robinson, or Og herman johnson or G Louis Vasquez (Sr. - Texas Tech) - 02/23/2009, if we get one of these players i would be happy,

Rush 2112

Reaction score
There is something scouts don't like about Duke.

Top guard in the draft usually doesn't carry a grade in the 50's.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He won't be there where we pick so.....

I'd love to get a solid pick for the LOS with our first pick. Either side.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2690039 said:
cause I heard Kosier makes the line calls cause gurode is too stupid. also our o-line could read and pick up blitzes much better with kosier starting and making the calls.