Duncan a Spurs assistant!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Duncan is the best under 7' big man in history.
I don't think that's even debatable to be honest.

I have no rival I have ever respected more in any sport.
Other than whining about fouls (LOL) I can not point to a better example of being a pro.
Having had Dirk here I know how much it means when a guy is loyal, bought in, professional and just really, really friggin good.
It wasn't an accident either team had their runs of success duriong those guys careers.

All that said it will be interesting to see Tim as a coach.
He is a guy who refused to speak to or ankowledge rookies as a player.
That old school mentality is almost refreshing as his Dad jeans and complete disinterest in flash or pomp.
But it is also totally at odds with these kids today.
Going to be interesting to see if Tim decides coaching is his deal or he just lends Pop a hand for a year or so then heads off to work in management or ownership.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Other than whining about fouls (LOL) I can not point to a better example of being a pro.
Having had Dirk here I know how much it means when a guy is loyal, bought in, professional and just really, really friggin good.
It wasn't an accident either team had their runs of success duriong those guys careers.

That old school mentality is almost refreshing as his Dad jeans and complete disinterest in flash or pomp.
Going to be interesting to see if Tim decides coaching is his deal or he just lends Pop a hand for a year or so then heads off to work in management or ownership.
Dirk has been one of the best players on and off the field as well. Glad to see him get his ring.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score

Good points -- his ability to mentor young players may be a challenge.

I'd vote for Bill Russell as the best under 7' big man.
He won some classic battles against Wilt, and dominated most others.
Was also a great leader; was the head coach while still a player in '66. (the first black head coach)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Good points -- his ability to mentor young players may be a challenge.

I'd vote for Bill Russell as the best under 7' big man.
He won some classic battles against Wilt, and dominated most others.
Was also a great leader; was the head coach while still a player in '66. (the first black head coach)
While I completely agree with you. Most posters here are not old enough to know better.