Dunn possibly retiring after game...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It doesn't say anything about him retiring, just that he didn't know if the Falcons will retain him because of his cap figure.

With his salary about to quadruple to $2.5 million next season, Falcons tailback Warrick Dunn, arguably the team's most valuable player, said Thursday he wasn't so sure he'd be back next season. He doesn't want to play anywhere else, he added.

Rich McKay made it pretty clear that he isn't going anywhere.
Stranger things have happened in the name of salary-cap management Dunn said, especially for a small running back who turns 31 next week and was never expected to make it nine years in the NFL.

"We're not stupid," President and general manager Rich McKay said Friday. "The guy continues to defy."

In other words, Dunn is in the Falcons' plans. Dunn doesn't need to validate his credentials.

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
yeah, your right, just says he might not be back and does not want to play anywhere else, I just expanded the story a little....:) I am looking for any and all angles to point to a Falcon victory....

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Falcons will be looking for a young feature RB in the near future anyway.

But It doesnt read like he wont be back. More like he needs to re-structure.

lkelly

Reaction score
How can Dunn's salary be quadrupling to $2.5 million next year? That's not a big number. In fact, it's an absurdly low number for a pro-bowl running back. I'm not sure that the league minimum for a player with his tenure isn't more than $600K this year.

Is that $2.5 million number a misprint?

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
if I were him i'd play AT LEAST 3 more seasons.

He is a feature back still