News: Dwayne Haskins killed, hit by a car in Florida

Flamma

Reaction score
Okay, with that I can see nationally reporting it. Fortunately no one else died or got hurt. My initial reaction to seeing his toxicology report being on ESPN was I felt it was petty. But yeah driving intoxicated and with ketamine in your system is pretty irresponsible. I forgot about him driving at some point before the accident and I felt ESPN was being petty by continuing to throw dirt on the guy's character after he's dead.

It probably is petty. Only when something goes wrong is it brought up. He probably drove like that 100 times. In my youth I drove like that 100 times without incident. I know people my age that can't drive better than some people buzzed. It's all theatre.

My guess is his intoxication probably had something to do with him getting hit and killed. It doesn't make it any less tragic. Like you said, the important part is he didn't harm anyone else. A lot of people do risky things just for entertainment.

terra

Reaction score
Just to add why he didn’t mind walking in traffic. This was in morning and then accident and labs later so I’m betting higher at time

https://www.yahoo.com/news/dwayne-haskins-drank-heavily-club-185708752.html

Haskins died of blunt force trauma, and the death was ruled accidental, according to the autopsy report released by the Broward Medical Examiner’s Office. According to the toxicology report, Haskins’ two samples tested positive for alcohol, his blood at .20, another fluid level at .24. The legal blood alcohol content limit in Florida is .08.
And once again old Gil was 'dead' right about Haskins.
All those mealy mouthed idiots you can BET will say nothing now.
Sad case; sad ending to a life. Just glad no one else was hurt; however I feel terrible about the driver of the vehicle that hit him. NONE of those crying about Brandt bother to sympathize with THAT person who will carry the memory of this horrible incident the rest of HIS life.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Where are all of the apologies for the hate the great Gil Brandt and defenders of his like myself received? Mr. Gil Brandt was spot on correct about this alcoholic and drugs abusing adulterer so many were way too quick to defend and call a hero of some weird kind.

Where are the apologies?????

Man up! Admit you were wrong.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It probably is petty. Only when something goes wrong is it brought up. He probably drove like that 100 times. In my youth I drove like that 100 times without incident. I know people my age that can't drive better than some people buzzed. It's all theatre.

My guess is his intoxication probably had something to do with him getting hit and killed. It doesn't make it any less tragic. Like you said, the important part is he didn't harm anyone else. A lot of people do risky things just for entertainment.

Pretty terrible excuse - intoxicated drivers use this excuse often, that they drive better while they are out of their heads and then they have a head on collision with a car with a family in it.

It's not petty to let people know this dude was being a moron on the road and then died like a moron on the road.

terra

Reaction score

Lots of those that get convicted of DUI or kill someone use this same excuse. Feel proud?

Flamma

Reaction score
Pretty terrible excuse - intoxicated drivers use this excuse often, that they drive better while they are out of their heads and then they have a head on collision with a car with a family in it.

It's not petty to let people know this dude was being a moron on the road and then died like a moron on the road.
Lots of those that get convicted of DUI or kill someone use this same excuse. Feel proud?

I'm not sure what excuse you're referring to? No excuse was used.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I'm not sure what excuse you're referring to? No excuse was used.

When you bring up that there are worse drivers out there than people out of their minds on alcohol and drugs, it's very much an excuse. Actually, a fallacy at the very least, "What about the old people on the road".

Simple fact is, everyone that was near him on the road while he was driving got lucky. That is it. I 100% can get behind the media putting out more stories with the basis being "Stop being a junkie moron" rather than more and more articles trying to excuse and "understand" idiots.

Flamma

Reaction score
When you bring up that there are worse drivers out there than people out of their minds on alcohol and drugs, it's very much an excuse. Actually, a fallacy at the very least, "What about the old people on the road".

Simple fact is, everyone that was near him on the road while he was driving got lucky. That is it. I 100% can get behind the media putting out more stories with the basis being "Stop being a junkie moron" rather than more and more articles trying to excuse and "understand" idiots.

It's not an excuse unless you try to use it to justify wrongdoing. I already said his intoxication probably got him killed.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Way above the legal limit with booze
Doped up on a horse tranquilizer ketamine
Out in this state of mind as the sun comes up
Walking all over the highway dazed and confused
Doesn’t notice his gas meter is empty
With a woman who isn’t his wife at home
AND he’s supposed to be working out with his new team who is giving him one more shot at the NFL

…yeah, Gil was right.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
None of this changes the fact that Gil Brandt is still mooching a body that could be used for a decent soul.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This sort of sounds like something you would hear in a cult.

Agnostic fiction writer, turned news writer.

And they are still fighting a month and a half later .......... Jeebus

Seems like you and I actually see more eye to eye in our older age.

WT f is the world coming to, Zrinny?

Gil was right.

A LOT of you have some owning up and apologizing to do!

You deserve something, too....A mistake like that doesn't mean he deserved death.

You gotta be kidding.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
That’s horrible. I had twin daughters and after Brittany was murdered, my relationship with my other daughter, Jessica , just fell to pieces. It was like losing both of my daughters and it wrecked my entire family. Looking back, none of us intentionally hurt each other, but the stress and dealing with the situation tore my family apart and it’s never recovered.

I'm patching up things with my old man, this year.. slowly but surely.. after years of trouble in my fam, all too eerily similar to your situation.

It's never to late. Be the one who reaches out first.. Start slow, one day at a time.

It can work.