News: Dwayne Haskins killed, hit by a car in Florida

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Gil is an idiot. "wouldn't wear a mask" how stupid. he would have been great in Germany in WWII. "get on the train, were taking you to a camp to help you"
I believe in wearing masks. I don't compare it to anything close to Germany. My point is that I don't think not wearing a mask rises to the level of reckless behavior that equates with walking down a busy freeway.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I do pray. Often.

But I have stopped saying "you're in my prayers" because, honestly, many times when I said that, I would forget to pray for the person. So, I wanted to stop appearing "pious" and if that person comes to my mind while I'm praying, I pray for them. If they don't, I won't have lied telling someone I prayed for them when I didn't.

But I do need to pray more for people, even those I don't know. So if I remember his family (I don't pray for the dead) when I'm on my knees, I will say a prayer for them in their time of bereavement and grief.

As a standing policy, I don't rejoice over those who die. I don't care how evil, immoral, "stupid," "deserving" they are. I just find that repulsive. Yet, I see it a lot on social media, people rejoicing over the death of someone.

My rule is consequences speak for themselves. If you're breaking into someone's home and you can shot and killed, I don't have to say, "Ah, ha! He got what he deserved." The consequences speak for themselves. I don't need to rub salt in a dead person's fatal wound. What happened, happened. If he got what he deserved, then let the consequence speak for the both of us.

Truth be told, if you had the same background, life experiences, struggles and desperations others had, you'd more than likely do the same thing. Just be thankful your experiences, upbringing, moral foundation, environment, era in which you were born was different than someone else who met a tragic end.

And get your soul ready for it is appointed unto man once to die then after ....

This is an awesome post! Agree with a lot!

I grew up in large Catholic family. I was always spiritual but also had this strict view of God where I just felt like it was a little unhealthy because it was more hard core about being punished for bad things. I think I’ve told this before but this all came to a head in 2000 when I almost died from a flu bug that attacked my heart….viral myocarditis. My faith helped me through it but it also made me feel like I had done something wrong. When I almost died again 8 yrs later with the botched ablation procedure I was really down. My prayers were more “why do You treat me this way.” Long story short, years back I started changing that mentality after getting into a different spiritual mindset. I started seeing things as “I’m actually super lucky to have survived and be healthy.” I’m much more thankful for things around me. I pray for my family and friends but also for those who you could describe as “enemies.” The people like bad neighbors or kids that are mean to your kids or just people in life who treat you bad. It’s tough because I think everyone walks around letting scenarios play out on their head where a person who has wronged you gets a piece of your mind. But in reality I have no clue what their problems, insecurities etc are. So I try to pray for them in a way that there is peace for all of us and everyone can have their needs addressed.

Anyways enjoyed this post Tyke!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I grew up in large Catholic family. I was always spiritual but also had this strict view of God where I just felt like it was a little unhealthy because it was more hard core about being punished for bad things. I think I’ve told this before but this all came to a head in 2000 when I almost died from a flu bug that attacked my heart….viral myocarditis. My faith helped me through it but it also made me feel like I had done something wrong. When I almost died again 8 yrs later with the botched ablation procedure I was really down. My prayers were more “why do You treat me this way.” Long story short, years back I started changing that mentality after getting into a different spiritual mindset. I started seeing things as “I’m actually super lucky to have survived and be healthy.” I’m much more thankful for things around me. I pray for my family and friends but also for those who you could describe as “enemies.” The people like bad neighbors or kids that are mean to your kids or just people in life who treat you bad. It’s tough because I think everyone walks around letting scenarios play out on their head where a person who has wronged you gets a piece of your mind. But in reality I have no clue what their problems, insecurities etc are. So I try to pray for them in a way that there is peace for all of us and everyone can have their needs addressed.

My wife had the same thing. Well almost. I think her's was the pericarditis. It was very scary as the doctors appeared to be baffled. Otherwise in good shape no heart disease or artery problems. Very scary. Our faith helped us through it.

And yes...tyke post was very nice....good see some genuine sincerity. As opposed to tough guy bullying. Over...<this>? (a football team).

I admit my guilt too....I am no excluding myself. It can be a struggle, depending on moods and happenings. Like any good Christian, I know I am not perfect....but seek betterment. It's all I can do.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I believe in wearing masks. I don't compare it to anything close to Germany. My point is that I don't think not wearing a mask rises to the level of reckless behavior that equates with walking down a busy freeway.
That’s odd. For the past 2 years, I’ve heard over and over again that “not wearing a mask is reckless behavior that directly leads to the death of Grandma and countless others.”

We can’t have it both ways……especially after I’ve had to listen to that self-righteous garbage for 24 months.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
True. But my point is that there's nothing in his background that would suggest he was reckless - at least not the story provided in this thread. Shrug.
I provided a link days ago mentioning one of the big reasons the Washington Football Team let him go after not even 2 full seasons after drafting him in the 1st round was because Dwayne Haskins was reckless, irresponsible and immature in his decisions. Not sure if it was in this thread or the other that was moved to another forum.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Just was watching Today and it sounds like there were 911 calls that people were disturbed as he was in all black walking in lanes waving arms. I’m sure it has been addressed here but this may have been a mental breakdown. I feel horrible for driver, Haskins family…all involved
Looks like Mr. Gil Brandt was right. Something was not right with that young man Dwayne Haskins.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Just was watching Today and it sounds like there were 911 calls that people were disturbed as he was in all black walking in lanes waving arms. I’m sure it has been addressed here but this may have been a mental breakdown. I feel horrible for driver, Haskins family…all involved

Looks like Mr. Gil Brandt was right. Something was not right with that young man Dwayne Haskins.

Just because Haskins may have had a psychotic episode, Doesn't make what Gil Brandt said right or even appropriate.

As stated he has apologized nuff said

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Just because Haskins may have had a psychotic episode, Doesn't make what Gil Brandt said right or even appropriate.

Mr. Brandt was asked a question and for his honest opinion. He gave it. Was it bad timing? Yes, but he was correct in what he was opining about. Time is starting to reveal that.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Thanks for sharing.

I'm too going through a humbling stage. I used to be one of the main arguers on this board. Always have to be in a dispute with someone. Never conceding. Always have to be right. Then I began to realize, "What does that exactly prove, especially since you call yourself a Christian?"

I've mellowed a bit. Not perfect. But not looking to get into verbal "fights" with people online.

And when I look back at how "childish" and "unbecoming of my faith" I really was, I mourn. I NOW see why we (or at least I) should turn the other cheek, be appreciative of my blessings, bless when cursed, etc.

I tell people now the hardest thing a person faces is living with regret and living with yourself and your decisions when you knew to do better but didn't.

I guess some of us like me need to be broken by our ownselves before we finally see what we should have all along.

Peace.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
That’s odd. For the past 2 years, I’ve heard over and over again that “not wearing a mask is reckless behavior that directly leads to the death of Grandma and countless others.”

We can’t have it both ways……especially after I’ve had to listen to that self-righteous garbage for 24 months.

I was not one of those berating other people about not wearing masks. I think they should have, but you're not going to get grown people to do what they don't want to do.

Some things are not in our control. Walking down a busy freeway IS. Shrug.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I provided a link days ago mentioning one of the big reasons the Washington Football Team let him go after not even 2 full seasons after drafting him in the 1st round was because Dwayne Haskins was reckless, irresponsible and immature in his decisions. Not sure if it was in this thread or the other that was moved to another forum.

I must have missed it. I would like to read it, though.
Something just doesn't smell right about this situation.
The toxicology report may be telling. But I'll wait until more information is available before coming to a conclusion.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Wow!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

I'm too going through a humbling stage. I used to be one of the main arguers on this board. Always have to be in a dispute with someone. Never conceding. Always have to be right. Then I began to realize, "What does that exactly prove, especially since you call yourself a Christian?"

I've mellowed a bit. Not perfect. But not looking to get into verbal "fights" with people online.

And when I look back at how "childish" and "unbecoming of my faith" I really was, I mourn. I NOW see why we (or at least I) should turn the other cheek, be appreciative of my blessings, bless when cursed, etc.

I tell people now the hardest thing a person faces is living with regret and living with yourself and your decisions when you knew to do better but didn't.

I guess some of us like me need to be broken by our ownselves before we finally see what we should have all along.

Peace.
:bow::clap::thumbup:

Miller

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing.

Peace.

Agree! I’ve always thought of myself as level headed here…I just changed name from TexasFrog btw…but then will catch myself getting into stuff with people. This past year I’ve tried really hard to treat it as debate but if there is an impasse just to tell the other person “cool” and move on.

I’ll give you an example of where I’m trying to improve big time and that I brought up in my other post. I have 3 kids..2 girls and a boy. My girls are in dance/drill team. They are both friends with one girl who is a neighbor and they brought her into dance. Couple years back that girl was talking crap about one of mine and the Mom found out and was mortified. She apologized and my girls moved on snd stayed friends. They did the right thing. It really made me mad what had happened. They are all trying out for stuff coming up and for a long while I was secretly hoping the one girl would fail etc. I’d get all bent out of shape about some 13 yr old who just had a mean girl moment. My daughters were long over it. I really am close with the parents too. I just had to reset and realize how misplaced and dumb my anger was. Now I genuinely hope she does well and that all of them get what they want. Sometimes spiritually you just have to shut your mind down when it gets ramped up and find some peace. Most people are good at heart. I’m not perfect snd there are people I’ll never be close to but I just stick with what I can control!

Good talk man!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Agree! I’ve always thought of myself as level headed here…I just changed name from TexasFrog btw…but then will catch myself getting into stuff with people. This past year I’ve tried really hard to treat it as debate but if there is an impasse just to tell the other person “cool” and move on.

I’ll give you an example of where I’m trying to improve big time and that I brought up in my other post. I have 3 kids..2 girls and a boy. My girls are in dance/drill team. They are both friends with one girl who is a neighbor and they brought her into dance. Couple years back that girl was talking crap about one of mine and the Mom found out and was mortified. She apologized and my girls moved on snd stayed friends. They did the right thing. It really made me mad what had happened. They are all trying out for stuff coming up and for a long while I was secretly hoping the one girl would fail etc. I’d get all bent out of shape about some 13 yr old who just had a mean girl moment. My daughters were long over it. I really am close with the parents too. I just had to reset and realize how misplaced and dumb my anger was. Now I genuinely hope she does well and that all of them get what they want. Sometimes spiritually you just have to shut your mind down when it gets ramped up and find some peace. Most people are good at heart. I’m not perfect snd there are people I’ll never be close to but I just stick with what I can control!

Good talk man!
:bow::clap::thumbup:

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Good talk man!

:)

Miller

Reaction score
Here is one of the guys I heard about on Today who called 911. Nothing conclusive. Just questions

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/man-believes-saw-dwayne-haskins-190000179.html

NBC 6 South Florida spoke to a man who says he believes he saw the 24-year-old Haskins on I-595 westbound just minutes before the crash.

“I was dropping off my daughter to an airline at the Fort Lauderdale Airport in the morning,” said Chris Stanley.

Stanley said he was on the way home after leaving the airport, and heading towards the off-ramp to Interstate 95 north when he noticed vehicles veering into his lane.

“And what I noticed was a Mack truck, or a big tractor-trailer, with also another vehicle that started moving a little bit to the left,” said Stanley. “I was in the left lane and then there was the right lane. And then I noticed an individual there starting to make their way onto the road."

Stanley said he saw the man's arms raised up a little bit as he appeared to be drifting into the major highway.

“He was about halfway, to a quarter way in the right lane, already onto the highway and I was already concerned that somebody was going to strike him right there at that moment," he said.

Stanley said he was so concerned that he dialed 911 and shared a screenshot of his call log with NBC 6 with a call to 911 at 6:31 a.m. — six minutes before Florida Highway Patrol officials said the crash was reported at 6:37 a.m.

Stanley said he did not notice a vehicle along I-595 westbound that may have belonged to Haskins.

“I did not see any vehicle nearby,” said Stanley. “I was more concerned with him because he was already making his way onto the road system."

NBC 6 reporter asked Stanley if there were any conclusions he could draw about what the person he believes to be Haskins was attempting to do along I-595.

"I could not,” said Stanley. “That's why it's just very disturbing. I just didn't understand the situation.”