Dysfunction and Denial

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
That is what is killing us right now. We are mired in a Campo-esqu downward spiral. Drastic action is needed—yet the “leaders” of this franchise are putting their fingers in their ears and emphatically stating that we “just need to do better” ad nauseum.

Problem is— there is no “Bill Parcells” solution out there to fix this hot mess this time. They are being destroyed by their own ineptitude and are too busy deluding themselves into thinking they are “not that far away” talent wise from competing with Philly.

Good news— they do have some talent on this roster, particularly on D. Bad news— Philly’s FO and coaching staff is in a different league than ours. Even worse news— everyone in the world knows it except the idiots running the ship— so nothing is going to change.

I have never been more hopeless as a fan than I am right now. No light at the end of the tunnel. No franchise QB on the horizon. No hope in seeing an actual GM to begin sorting through the myriad of issues plaguing this organization.

This is not a tirade or a rant. This is a hoarse-hopeless groan. I am exhausted. Tired from watching us get out-coached, out performed, and out-worked week in and week out.

Tired of the excuses and ineptitide of the leaders of this once-proud franchise. Tired of the arrogance and denial and the lack of any positive change or growth.

What are we to do as “fans” in this situation? There is nothing to respect about this organization anymore except its storied history. We are a long way from relevance— let alone dominance.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
That is what is killing us right now. We are mired in a Campo-esqu downward spiral. Drastic action is needed—yet the “leaders” of this franchise are putting their fingers in their ears and emphatically stating that we “just need to do better” ad nauseum.

Problem is— there is no “Bill Parcells” solution out there to fix this hot mess this time. They are being destroyed by their own ineptitude and are too busy deluding themselves into thinking they are “not that far away” talent wise from competing with Philly.

Good news— they do have some talent on this roster, particularly on D. Bad news— Philly’s FO and coaching staff is in a different league than ours. Even worse news— everyone in the world knows it except the idiots running the ship— so nothing is going to change.

I have never been more hopeless as a fan than I am right now. No light at the end of the tunnel. No franchise QB on the horizon. No hope in seeing an actual GM to begin sorting through the myriad of issues plaguing this organization.

This is not a tirade or a rant. This is a hoarse-hopeless groan. I am exhausted. Tired from watching us get out-coached, out performed, and out-worked week in and week out.

Tired of the excuses and ineptitide of the leaders of this once-proud franchise. Tired of the arrogance and denial and the lack of any positive change or growth.

What are we to do as “fans” in this situation? There is nothing to respect about this organization anymore except its storied history. We are a long way from relevance— let alone dominance.
Philly hasn't been great. They are 2 drop passes from being 0-3. Philly has lost on the road and the 2 games at home came down to Atlanta and the colts dropping a game winner. That's not even the tougher teams they have to play. Philly goes to Atlanta or the colts and they both win. All that being said they did get 2 in the win column but they haven't looked good at all.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

And on top of that you got Jerry one the radio basically giving everyone a pass and no sense of urgency in regards to the offense.

Status quo is good we just need to do status quo better.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I feel your pain.

What I see are stubborn people sticking to what they 'feel' is right, despite all evidence to the contrary. Ownership sticking with a head coach that they 'envisioned' being something he's obviously not. And coaches sticking with things they want to do rather than doing what their team and players do best. With awful results.

And now I see what could be the only team in the conference that doesn't have 'their guy' at quarterback. Everyone thought we had him in Prescott, but that looks further away from the truth each week. He's either been ruined by poor coaching and scheme fit, or he was never that good to begin with. Neither of which bodes well for this organization.

But I'm certainly tired of years - and careers - being wasted on people who have had more than enough time to show they're not fit for the job.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And on top of that you got Jerry one the radio basically giving everyone a pass and no sense of urgency in regards to the offense.

Newy Scruggs summed things up well.

People need to stay away from a poor product. Hit the 'businessman' where he feels it. In his wallet. Until that happens, he will continue to believe that he can get away with doing things the way he has.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I feel your pain.

What I see are stubborn people sticking to what they 'feel' is right, despite all evidence to the contrary. Ownership sticking with a head coach that they 'envisioned' being something he's obviously not. And coaches sticking with things they want to do rather than doing what their team and players do best. With awful results.

And now I see what could be the only team in the conference that doesn't have 'their guy' at quarterback. Everyone thought we had him in Prescott, but that looks further away from the truth each week. He's either been ruined by poor coaching and scheme fit, or he was never that good to begin with. Neither of which bodes well for this organization.

But I'm certainly tired of years - and careers - being wasted on people who have had more than enough time to show they're not fit for the job.

Yup. Romo, Ware, Witten, and Dez were the duct tape holding together a sinking ship. They were the lipstick on this pig of a team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup. Romo, Ware, Witten, and Dez were the duct tape holding together a sinking ship. They were the lipstick on this pig of a team.

Certainly Romo.

The evidence supports that, both when he was here (and missed time), and now that he's retired. These coaches can't get out of their own way without Romo saving them.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

Jerry loves to talk. He always has. What's changed is that he used to make the tough decisions as well. Coaches would be fired-- valuable players would be pursued and acquired at a high price. He is a kind old grandpa now. I fear the demands and rigors of the modern era of franchise management have simply worn him down to what he is:

A rose-colored-glasses eternal optimist who trusts the incompetent people around him to run the team, and he loves them too much to fire any of them. He is a classic enabler unfortunately.

waving monkey

Reaction score

Proclamation of the Zone
I feel ya

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
If you ignore history, you are doomed to repeat it.

This is for the old school guys who will get this. The Poodle = The Scarlet Clapper

Welcome back, your firing was our ticket out
Welcome back, the redhead is like the guy we used to beyotch about
while things seem to change, they remain the same
5-11 is here with a brand new name
Who'd a thought it'd be back
Were close to the rear of the football pack
Yeah he loses a lot, cause his game plan is rot
Welcome back
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back

hqdefault.jpg

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

This is for the old school guys who will get this. The Poodle = The Scarlet Clapper

Welcome back

hqdefault.jpg

Truth.

Makes me wonder what might have happened if Parcells stuck around for 1-2 years instead of retiring after the Seattle playoff game.

I believe the cupboard was stocked and we had a young team thriving on his tough love approach— but then Jerry gave em grandpappy Wade’s soft love and we started the descent.

Our best chance at a championship very well may have been the two years following that playoff loss

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The good news is Jerry thinks once they are hitting on all cylinders, they will be fine.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
We're about to face two teams with a combined record of 1-5.

I promise you Jerry and Stephen think we're going to win these two, move to 3-2, and gain enough momentum to go on a run.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I actually still don't think we are that far away, but the few changes that need to be made will have to be big ones. I'm getting closer and closer to deciding Dak just isn't the guy, and if that's the case we will have to make a bold move to find "the guy". Probably a high draft pick.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score

Welcome back

hqdefault.jpg
Right on Mr Carter.

75boyz

Reaction score
Truth.

Makes me wonder what might have happened if Parcells stuck around for 1-2 years instead of retiring after the Seattle playoff game.

I believe the cupboard was stocked and we had a young team thriving on his tough love approach— but then Jerry gave em grandpappy Wade’s soft love and we started the descent.

Our best chance at a championship very well may have been the two years following that playoff loss

Totally agree. It has long been my opinion that The 2007 team was stacked with some of our best "in their prime" players on both sides of the ball. I do not think we have come close to that roster's talent level.

I do not get the PTSD like I do watching Jackie Smith's non TD grab from Roger, but I do almost hurl every time I see She-lie to Tyree's helmet grab SB victory after we had smoked their *** twice during the regular season that year.
I have a hard time coping with both the Giants SB wins I admit.
I thought just maybe we would have lucked out, fluked, or Cinderella yeared our way to another trophy by now like they did. Just kind of a law of averages thing if not anything else really.

That really telling stat that kinda freaks me out the most is Us, the Skins and Lions are the only 3 teams in the entire NFC not to have reached the NFC Championship game since the SB 30 victory.
Sorry if I went off topic /the rant, but I periodically need to vent when it builds like it has.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Totally agree. It has long been my opinion that The 2007 team was stacked with some of our best "in their prime" players on both sides of the ball. I do not think we have come close to that roster's talent level.

I do not get the PTSD like I do watching Jackie Smith's non TD grab from Roger, but I do almost hurl every time I see She-lie to Tyree's helmet grab SB victory after we had smoked their *** twice during the regular season that year.
I have a hard time coping with both the Giants SB wins I admit.
I thought just maybe we would have lucked out, fluked, or Cinderella yeared our way to another trophy by now like they did. Just kind of a law of averages thing if not anything else really.

That really telling stat that kinda freaks me out the most is Us, the Skins and Lions are the only 3 teams in the entire NFC not to have reached the NFC Championship game since the SB 30 victory.
Sorry if I went off topic /the rant, but I periodically need to vent when it builds like it has.

2007... the one that got away smh. Cabo, TO's injury, Crayton's miss-- I mean-- we beat ourselves in that game. Such a disappointing end to a promising year. At the time-- we all thought they were up and coming and would be contending for championships for several years. What a waste.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Good post. The FO flipped the switch from spending to penny pinching. They needed to be some where in the middle. Bringing Ina number one receiver and FS would have been huge.

But wed still need a real OC and QB.