EA Sports lawsuit/Settlement reached

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugge...ootball-game-class-action-suit-183020408.html

I know a lot of members buy Madden/NCAA Football. There is a lawsuit and settlement that has been reached in a class action lawsuit. The link above explains it.

The link below is how to file your claim.
http://www.easportslitigation.com/

"Under the new terms, people will receive $20.37 per game, as opposed to $6.79, if they bought a copy for the PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube or Windows PC. Those who bought a version for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii will see $5.85 per game, instead of $1.95."

Just thought I'd pass it along.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
How does someone prove they bought those games new? I really doubt many people have the receipts from 2005.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
speedkilz88;5050464 said:
How does someone prove they bought those games new? I really doubt many people have the receipts from 2005.

You don't have to prove it. Basically they have a set amount they will award. If they have less than the amount they are expecting to claim the settlement amount is paid out. If they have more people file claims than expected than the amount awarded to each person just decreases.

I bought my wife a pair of shoes from Reebok about 4 years ago, there was a class-action lawsuit and settlement for that. I joined it and was awarded $45 which was the agreed settlement amount. I didn't have a receipt or anything to prove I even bought the shoes. (I did, she didn't like them and gave them away). I received a check in the mail one day with the amount.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I've bought NCAA every single one of those years and Madden in 2 of those years. So I expect I'll get back a grand total of about $.37.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Hurry, everyone get online and buy hundreds of used copies of madden 2003.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Valid claims for the purchase of Madden NFL, NCAA Football, or Arena Football videogames for the Xbox, PlayStation 2, PC, or GameCube platforms (“Sixth Generation Purchasers”) will be valued at $20.37 per new game purchased, up to a total of eight units ($162.96)

I bought 3.

Maddedn 2006, 2009 and NCAA 2012.

I'll file, see what happens.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Hoofbite;5050502 said:
I bought 3.

Maddedn 2006, 2009 and NCAA 2012.

I'll file, see what happens.

Mostly depends which system you purchased on. I buy every madden and most ncaas. Im not expecting morec than 30-40 but cant hurt.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
How do you file a claim if you do have an ID #? I've bought Madden every year since it started

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
I still long for the days of the NFL 2K series. Madden is such a joke, really. I mean, it's OK. But NFL 2K blew it out of the water. 2K 5 was a mean game.