Eagles are getting calls about Wentz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I wonder if his real issue is Hurts presence.....in other words even as a starter, he's always look over his shoulders. I'm sure seeing the Colts are desperate for a QB doesn't hurt either.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Carson Wentz isn't trash. He's legit a top 32 QB which means a starter.
But he needs a situation that will play to his strengths and let his tools develop over time.

He is good with a strong running game and quality TE play.
I think he'd be really good in SF but I don't know if they wanna go from one injury prone guy to another.

As a 6'5" QB he has some issue to overcome in his release and he needs to work on ball security and footwork in the pocket.
He needs a consistent WR he can build timing and trust with the way he had Ertz earlier in his career.

The Eagles did him very dirty in pushing all the cards to the middle of the table with him on his rookie deal.
They've basically hamstrung him. The OL and WR corps have fallen apart because they are 100 years old.
They wasted cap space on 30+ year olds and traded off draft picks like they were lotto tickets to gamble in injury prone but high ceiling vets.
They got a title out of it and perhaps the mental relief of ending that empty trophy case meme but they've got to rebuild now with a terrible cap situation and limited draft capital.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
See, told you.

Yeah.. I guess I don't over react like typical fan does who rides the week to week rollercoaster.

Anyone that is a realist can look at that teams Oline injuries, WR problems, TE & RB injuries, and see they were going to struggle.

If Dak were in that situation you would make these excuses for him like you do with the defense now.

I'm consistent across the board because I have the ability to put my Cowboys Pom Pom's down.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I like that Philly wants to hold on to Wentz. As long as they have him, they will suck.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not sure how true but read a tweet he wants out of Philly.....firing Petersen changed nothing.
This could be one of the NFL's busiest/active offseason we've seen in a long time, especially QB position.

This is Wentz's only tweet since Pederson was dismissed.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Yeah.. I guess I don't over react like typical fan does who rides the week to week rollercoaster.

Anyone that is a realist can look at that teams Oline injuries, WR problems, TE & RB injuries, and see they were going to struggle.

If Dak were in that situation you would make these excuses for him like you do with the defense now.

I'm consistent across the board because I have the ability to put my Cowboys Pom Pom's down.
Like the excuses you just made for Wentz in your earlier post? :lmao2:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
And preferably a non-turnstile offensive line would help as well. Seeing as to how he isn't as mobile as he was pre-injury.
The loss of mobility really ups the need for better footwork and control.
Dak was in that spot a couple years ago but worked with Brady's personal QB coach and really improved.
Wentz has a lot of issues with fundamentals but those got out a window when a guy presses and he presses.
Eagles did him zero favors trying to put big play high impact but low consistency WRs around him in Reagor and DJax.
Wentz in NO might be scary good.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
still think he'll get traded to the colts.

colts because of frank reich.

I thought that before Pederson was canned. Pederson wanted to go with Hurts, the owner wanted to stick with Wentz.

That they hired Reich's offense coordinator as their new HC suggests to me that they want to keep him.

But anyone could be traded if someone makes a crazy offer. All it takes is one team.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Wentz in NO might be scary good.

Yea, Sean Payton to keep him grounded. Michael Thomas and Alvin Kamara and a decent offensive line might be what he needs. But doubt anyone is handing the Eagles multiple first rounders for him though. Not after his injury history, getting benched and the years he has had.

Status
Not open for further replies.