Eagles could clinch WC spot this Sunday which makes Dallas game?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Need Washington beat philly

Don't know if that's going to happen. They could be very angry with how they got humiliated on National TV by the Cowboys and come out playing fired up and tough against Philly, keeping that game much closer than they did in their game against the Cowboys.

Or they could be so broken from what the Cowboys did to them, that they have no inspiration to play out the rest of the season and they'll just decide to fold and Philly will beat them by double digits.

I can truly see either outcome playing out.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

Seems like some Cowboys fans are afraid or weary of the Eagles. But the Cowboys have proven to be capable of beating the Eagles three times in one season or beating them if the playoffs if need be. They did it in the past, even when there were claims of the Eagles being a different team from when the Cowboys beat them before earlier in the season or claims how it's difficult to beat a division foe 3 times in one season.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Seems like some Cowboys fans are afraid or weary of the Eagles. But the Cowboys have proven to be capable of beating the Eagles three times in one season or beating them if the playoffs if need be. They did it in the past, even when there were claims of the Eagles being a different team from when the Cowboys beat them before earlier in the season or claims how it's difficult to beat a division foe 3 times in one season.
IMO SF and even Minnesota are much better teams than Philly is.

Although divisional games tend to go either way, that often is about one team taking the other lightly.

Won't happen in this case.

Last thing we want to see is something like GB with a bye, Tampa hosting Philly and the Rams hosting Minnesota while we take on the Cardinals...again.

That means right to GB in round two, then probably at Tampa the following week if they get through it.

So....while getting the two is important, avoiding the four may be more important.

If we must play at GB, at least have it be for the CC.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Ok saw someone say philly fans think last game with dallas may be meaningless.
And I could be wrong, but if Minn,Atl,NO, all lose this sunday and phil beats wash, then they clinch WC spot.
The 3 I stated are all 7-8 now, and Minn plays GB in GB, and Atl plays buffalo, so odds are they lose.
Saints play carolina, they could win but hard to tell with those 2 teams.

Dallas may need to win to improve seeding, but maybe not. A win might not help them.
And Phil may not need the win except to improve seeding, but maybe not. That depends on what SF does.
So they may be playing to change their seeding, which could wind up being both want to lose to play a different team. or both want to win for same reason.

Bottom line is phil needs to beat the hapless wash to ensure a wc spot.

Only if dallas or phil or both lose this sunday will the last game be more meaningful.
Philthy ?
:huh:

lqmac1

Reaction score
And I could be wrong, but if Minn,Atl,NO, all lose this sunday and phil beats wash, then they clinch WC spot.
The 3 I stated are all 7-8 now, and Minn plays GB in GB, and Atl plays buffalo, so odds are they lose.

Dallas may need to win to improve seeding, but maybe not. A win might not help them.
And Phil may not need the win except to improve seeding, but maybe not. That depends on what SF does.
So they may be playing to change their seeding, which could wind up being both want to lose to play a different team. or both want to win for same reason.

Only if dallas or phil or both lose this sunday will the last game be more meaningful.
If they clinch and we win, we are the #1 seed. I’m down with that.

superonyx

Reaction score
We need to win out and we need Green Bay to lose to Detroit, because they sure as hell aren’t losing at home to Minnesota.

It’s looking like the WC teams are likely going to be Arizona, SF and Philly with the Saints having an outside shot. I’m ok playing any of those teams in the first round so 2 through 4 seeding is a bit irrelevant.
Its relevant for round 2. I want GB to face whoever is the toughest matchup for them in round 2. I want the easiest road to the super bowl if possible. I prefer not having the play Brady in round 2 and then travel to GB in round 3.

glimmerman

Reaction score
If it means nothing we will see our depth play. Could be a good uplift for our rotation if they can spank there first string. We may face them in the first round. Now if we play them twice in a row we may roll with starters both games..

Chuck 54

Reaction score
There’s almost zero chance the final game is meaningless for Dallas, and I would assume it won’t be meaningless for Philly.

ultron

Reaction score
Good. I hope they bring their benches to big D round 1

Motorola

Reaction score
I agree to a point - not scared of any of those teams - but having the 2 seed is a big advantage in the Divisional Round - We would have that home game as well, assuming we win the Wildcard round. The only time we would travel is if GB won their Divisional round game and we were in the NFCCG

If we are the 3 or 4 seed, we woudl likely have to travel in the Divisional Round and in the Championship round.. I rather play at home as much as possible with how we have played on the road this year.
Cowboys' four losses - two on the road (Buccaneers and Chiefs), two at home (Broncos, Raiders)

Kwyn

Reaction score

I hope the final game is win and in for the Eagles

And then I want the Cowboys to snatch their soul,

I also want Colts and Dolphins to win out.

Early on, Eagles fans were hyped about having three top ten (or even top seven) picks and now they could have three in the 20s

Sweet, delicious Eagles tears

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Ironically, if we win the next two, we likely play Philly

Philly or San Fran who has a 50/50 Jimmy Garoppolo with a similar situation to Russell Wilson’s earlier in the season.

If GB wins out and so do we.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

I agree with you, you could be wrong. :D

Dallas losing either of their last two games will only hurt them with seeding.

LovinItAll

Reaction score

For seeding purposes, both remaining games for Dallas are huge. Obviously Sunday’s game is important, but if we win, the Philly game is big no matter what happens to the Packers on Sunday night. Yes, GB plays Detroit in week 18, but no game is an auto win, so we’ll be in a seeding battle under almost every circumstance.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Cant believe there's even a topic on those pathetic boo birds. They can clinch the playoffs Sunday with a WIN at Washington, Vikings LOSS at Packers plus Saints LOSS to Panthers or 49ers WIN vs. Texans. And, they have to win out.

Hopefully Dallas can make those boo bird fans hate them even more by smashing them yet once again. Philthy currently in No. 7 & final NFC playoff seed has 68% chance at making postseason.

Sydla

Reaction score
There’s almost zero chance the final game is meaningless for Dallas, and I would assume it won’t be meaningless for Philly.

Seems like an easy path for Philly to clinch this weekend.

Unless you think Minnesota will beat GB or Philly would lose to WFT.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Seems like an easy path for Philly to clinch this weekend.

Unless you think Minnesota will beat GB or Philly would lose to WFT.
Clinching isn’t the end of the season for us or them.
  1. Hated rivals
  2. Not limping into the playoffs with a loss
  3. We will be fighting to be the 1 or 2 seed, not settle to lose and be #4; I’m assuming they want the highest wild card they can get as well.