Eagles Defensive Backfield is ranked 27 out of 32 teams

shabazz

Reaction score
Cowboys have studs roaming the back seven Philly not so much.
Dak has the chance to exploit a weakness, if he does, we win.
Football is rather simple, you take advantage of another team's weakness and exploit it.
The issue is that Phillys dline brings that heat which can mask a weak secondary.

As long as our Oline can give Dak enough time to get through his progressions we should be a
ble to take advantage of it.

I was hoping Jalen Carter wasn’t going to play today but it looks like we’re going to have to deal with him today.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The issue is that Phillys dline brings that heat which can mask a weak secondary.

As long as our Oline can give Dak enough time to get through his progressions we should be a
ble to take advantage of it.

I was hoping Jalen Carter wasn’t going to play today but it looks like we’re going to have to deal with him today.
Dak has very few progressions, or ability to scroll through the progressions.
If he develops that skill today in season 8 than we walk these fools to the locker room.
Got a good feel for this game, I believe Dak is finally starting to learn the game.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
They’ve had 8 starting combos in 8 games, this is the first time the same group has started back to back games. That’s all due to injuries. Desai will be more multiple this week, mixing coverages. They’ll go more zone heavy because Dak doesn’t play as well vs zone but I!d expect some more exotic looks.

starfan1

Reaction score
Cowboys have studs roaming the back seven Philly not so much.
Dak has the chance to exploit a weakness, if he does, we win.
Football is rather simple, you take advantage of another team's weakness and exploit it.
No argument but if there is no time to exploit it can’t be done

Football is simple it’s won in trenches and with speed and execution

timb2

Reaction score
You really are gonna try to match up Asim with the interior line of the Eagles. Clearly you have no clue about the Eagles. Roby has been out for 2 games, this will be his third. Ringo plays special teams only. Has 1 defensive snap. Eagles are going to dominate the line of scrimmage so Dak will need to get the ball out quick which can be done.
Fletcher Cox is showing age and both Davis & Carter are big names but have not done much so far. I'm not running the ball,i'm passing the ball. 4 & 5 WR sets and Ringo will be inserted and let's expose him. I'm putting Tyler Smith at LT so to nuetralize Sweat & Reddick. Richards or Bass can hold up at OG.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Eagles most likely will blitz a lot to cover for their secondary. Make them pay by torching them. Put Tyler Smith at Left Tackle and TJ Bass or Asim Richards at LG. Both Tyron Smith and Chuma Edoga are banged up. Get Hunter Leupke & Rico Dowdle( bigger backs) for pass protection coverage . Expose rookie Kelee Ringo(,they're is a reason he dropped in the draft. Ringo can be fooled he is not instinctive . Bradley Roby is a shell of his former self at 31 years old as the nickel. Roby has bounced around the league last couple of years.Boys need to look like Dan Fouts or Dan Marino are out there torching the E- Turds.
Heavy blitz packages are out of character for the Eagles. They count on their front four to generate most pressure. I’m happy they don’t have a Jim Johnson clone running their defense.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Fletcher Cox is showing age and both Davis & Carter are big names but have not done much so far. I'm not running the ball,i'm passing the ball. 4 & 5 WR sets and Ringo will be inserted and let's expose him. I'm putting Tyler Smith at LT so to nuetralize Sweat & Reddick. Richards or Bass can hold up at OG.
What?? Jordan Davis is a big reason their run D us so good. He is doing what we hope Mazi will do. Jalen Carter has graded out higher than any rookie DT not named Aaron Donald.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
This 27th ranking is a bit misleading unfortunately.

The Eagles are the #1 ranked rush defense....by a wide margin. Therefore a lot of teams simply don't try and run it and just go all-out on the pass (a mistake IMO...the Jets kept it balanced even though they only would get two or three yards per rush...and surprise surprise they have been the only team to beat them.

Further....teams feel they MUST score a bunch of points against them...so they throw throw throw (again, unwise IMO)

but that 27th ranking is calculated in Total Yards. And they rank so low because they are facing more pass attempts per game than all but a couple other teams....so it makes sense there's a lot of passing yds.

But when you break it down to YARDS PER PASS ATTEMPT.....they rank 10th !

Per Pass ATTEMPT is a far better barometer than total yds. 10th isn't otherworldly....but it's not too shabby either. Hence the reason they can shut a Dolphins team down when they need to.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
We can only exploit them if we block them up front. We need Steele to get back to his game.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Davis and Carter haven’t done much?

Carter is the front runner for DROY and Davis has been dominant in the run game and has 4 sacks.

And again Ringo doesn’t play. You keep mentioning him, he’s a special teams player. Josh Jobe & Eli Ricks are ahead of him.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Anyone think Cooks has a breakout game? I really hope so and I'm considering playing him in fantasy. I just want to beat the green out of these turkeys no matter how.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm sorry, i'm just not a good fit for you to debate with. Appreciate the effort, i'm gonna move on, thanks.
Yeah you simply don't like what you're hearing. There was no debate. That's first step in knowing when it's a debate and when a question or statement is being made. Then maybe you will find it easier to have a debate?