Eagles fans collectively go upon Jalen Hurts pick

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I thought it was Sudfeld. I don't keep track of them.

It was Josh McCown last year he’s the one who took over for Carson Wentz in the playoffs. Nate Sudfeld didn’t take a snap last season. They obviously don’t feel good about his potential.

plasticman

Reaction score
He going to be on the bench for a while. Might be good trade bait for them later.
That's what I was thinking. You make him the backup for a couple years while contributing to a competitive environment. If he ever gets the opportunity to play and impresses then the Eagles can market a young and proven QB still under a rookie contract. Same goes for Wentz if that be the case.

You don't want to enter the season with a low draft pick or undrafted backup QB. All that says is you have a backup on paper but your season is over if you ever have to use him extensively. Also, an experienced veteran backup cost money.

I remember when Jimmy Johnson spent consecutive #1 overall picks on QB's Aikman and Walsh. He ended up trading Walsh for a 1 and 3 the following year with a conditional 2 the following year....not bad

Of course, you have to consider the history of your starter's health. You may be inclined to take more risks if your starter is an ironman like Russel or Prescott. If the Cowboys ever have to use Cooper Rush for more than 2 games the season is in the trashcan. He is no Tony Romo. With Tony, you always knew from his preseason games that there was something special about him.

If the starting QB is intimidated by a rookie high draft pick then maybe it is time after all for the team to consider a different direction.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
It would be one thing if it was Fromm or another QB who needed time but had skills. Hurts CANT THROW. I didn’t want him even in the 4th round here. I thought he really regressed as last year went on.

Flamma

Reaction score
It was Josh McCown last year he’s the one who took over for Carson Wentz in the playoffs. Nate Sudfeld didn’t take a snap last season. They obviously don’t feel good about his potential.

I checked. I guess they just recently dumped McCown. It's Nate Sudfeld and someone else now, along with Jalen Hurts. Sudfeld I think broke his arm either last season or the year before. I know he was injured.

Qcard

Reaction score
Hurts leadership will win over the Eagles lockeroom when Wentz has his seasonal aloofness...
Wentz has to play at an MVP level for his wet blanket leadership style to be palatable.
Like Wentz but I don't think the Eagles organization is a fit. His Contract was extremely team friendly because of injury.

I hope Wentz proves me wrong, but he'll have to rise up like Aikman did over Steve Walsh. The best always do...Good luck Wentz.

Wentz got hurt in the biggest game!

TheHerd

Reaction score
Were the Patriots less confident about Brady when they drafted Garoppolo?
Yes, the Patriots thought Brady was near the end and they saw an opportunity to get a top replacement.

Plus QBs fetch more draft capital than they are worth if you need to trade them. That could very well be Philly's long game here.

aria

Reaction score
This is also the guy who guaranteed victory against the Cowboys last season and got humiliated 37-10!

We were stuck with Garrett for 10 years!

It also helped that Nick 'Jesus' Foles came in fresh and completely revitalized them that year. He is that rare bird that is not a starter but a really good backup. They were not going to the Super Bowl with Wince!
Also the guy that beat us with bench warmers to get into the playoffs last year.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
I think the only reason Philly drafted Hurts is because Cowboys showed interest in him. Really dumb because they have holes to fill.

aria

Reaction score
They won the Super Bowl because they were a very talented team. I hate the mantra that the Cowboys have more talent. No we don’t. The only position that we were better then them that year was your boy Zeke. The Eagles now are a shell of the Super Bowl team. With the new coaching staff we can take the East. I just don’t know about the rest of the NFC. Garrett is the loser!!
I agree that our “talent” is over rated (other than the O line) but they literally had 3rd stringers and dudes who weren’t even in the league just weeks prior to playing us and they got the W to beat us out of the playoffs.

conner01

Reaction score
Good thing they made this pick before signing Wentz to a big contract extension.

Oh, wait....
That’s the thing
Hurts is not a bad prospect
But to use a second rnd pick on a QB a year after giving a big contract to Wentz kind of screams the signing of Wentz was a mistake
Now they may have just realized we messed up and since Wentz can’t finish a season we better get two

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I agree that our “talent” is over rated (other than the O line) but they literally had 3rd stringers and dudes who weren’t even in the league just weeks prior to playing us and they got the W to beat us out of the playoffs.
Be careful of following the media narrative. We had injuries as well. Dak had a AC joint injury, Byron had groin, Cooper had all types of leg injuries, LVE had a neck injury and the offensive line was banged up. Our players just played with their injuries. After watching the media reaction to the Eagles draft so far, I am starting to believe there is a bias against the Cowboys. Lol. Jerrah is laughing all the way to the bank on his giant yacht.

aria

Reaction score
Be careful of following the media narrative. We had injuries as well. Dak had a AC joint injury, Byron had groin, Cooper had all types of leg injuries, LVE had a neck injury and the offensive line was banged up. Our players just played with their injuries. After watching the media reaction to the Eagles draft so far, I am starting to believe there is a bias against the Cowboys. Lol. Jerrah is laughing all the way to the bank on his giant yacht.
Did the Cowboys literally have one entire positional group only one starter and few guys who were literally siting on their couch one week and starting for the Eagles the next? Dak had an injury, Philthy won the Super Bowl with a back up QB. Deshaun Jackson was out half the season, Jernigan was out half the season, Sproles was out most of the season, Howard was playing through injuries, Malik Jackson was out most of the season...and that’s just who I can remember off the top of my head.

Anyways, it’s history, they beat us to get into the playoffs with a lot of back ups...time to move on.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Did the Cowboys literally have one entire positional group only one starter and few guys who were literally siting on their couch one week and starting for the Eagles the next? Dak had an injury, Philthy won the Super Bowl with a back up QB. Deshaun Jackson was out half the season, Jernigan was out half the season, Sproles was out most of the season, Howard was playing through injuries, Malik Jackson was out most of the season...and that’s just who I can remember off the top of my head.

Anyways, it’s history, they beat us to get into the playoffs with a lot of back ups...time to move on.
Dashawn Jackson is always hurt and is old. Malik Jackson was cut by the Jaguars, Sproles is old. They had Wentz and I don’t know if you believe this but some on this board think he can walk on water. But you are right let’s move on. Next season cannot get here fast enough.