Eagles looking to trade DE Josh Sweat as well as Reddick

Creeper

Reaction score
This is a strange story. Sweat has a CAP number of only $9 million in 2024. Trading him before June 1 adds $5 million to the Eagles CAP. Trading Reddick give them a $1.3 million CAP save. Strange how the Eagles are willing to trade two of their outside pass rushers.

They might be trying to stock up on draft picks. Perhaps they will be drafting a few DEs in this draft.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a strange story. Sweat has a CAP number of only $9 million in 2024. Trading him before June 1 adds $5 million to the Eagles CAP. Trading Reddick give them a $1.3 million CAP save. Strange how the Eagles are willing to trade two of their outside pass rushers.

They might be trying to stock up on draft picks. Perhaps they will be drafting a few DEs in this draft.
I think they have quite a few picks already. So yeah, they may want more to be able to move around, and trade up several times.

visionary

Reaction score

Smart organizations are constantly trading older and less productive players that need new top contracts for picks to get younger and cheaper trusting their talent evaluation to do so

We are scared to do this because we have incompetent idiots running the FO

quickccc

Reaction score
Unless the follow up moves are Justin Simmons and saquon
barkley just may not be same pre-ACL ..and he hasn't scared me in recent NYG games ..he's nicked often and with Kellen Moore - that's all the more reason why i'm not chatter my teeth over SB in Philly

KingCorcoran

Reaction score

Their defense was not very good. They collapsed in the back half of the season. They were blown out in the opening round of the playoffs. They’re in a decent situation cap wise and have a good number of draft picks. None of that means much if the plan is “just run it back”. I would guess they sense they’re not winning the next Super Bowl. May as well start now building a team that can compete for a subsequent one.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I predict Sam Williams is a Starting DE this season for the Cowboys.
He needs to play much much more. You’ll see fewer of those effort penalties when he’s out there more.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
Smart organizations are constantly trading older and less productive players that need new top contracts for picks to get younger and cheaper trusting their talent evaluation to do so

We are scared to do this because we have incompetent idiots running the FO
Something our organization seriously lacks. Instead of cutting/trading older aging players we compensate them with record setting deals.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Their defense was not very good. They collapsed in the back half of the season. They were blown out in the opening round of the playoffs. They’re in a decent situation cap wise and have a good number of draft picks. None of that means much if the plan is “just run it back”. I would guess they sense they’re not winning the next Super Bowl. May as well start now building a team that can compete for a subsequent one.
What a refreshing concept.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
wait until we keep as many losers as we can because of the cap and the anchor. You guys will be bragging about it and talking super bowl again. lol.....thanks jerry

Chasing6

Reaction score

Trade Gallup. Only reasonable way to move on from him. One teams trash for another.

Or they have DE free agent they want to sign.