Eagles | McNabb discusses receiver situation

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sun, 18 Jun 2006 07:05:10 -0700

In an interview with Bob Grotz, of the Delaware County Times, Philadelphia Eagles QB Donovan McNabb was asked to comment on the team's wide receivers, specifically who was his No. 1 receiver and McNabb replied: "It's hard to say. Reggie Brown obviously is the guy everybody looks at. Reggie is definitely progressing. We're doing some good things together. Jabar Gaffney and I are doing some good things together. Greg Lewis is doing a great job - our tight ends and Brian Westbrook. So it's hard to pinpoint one particular guy because it's not like there's been a guy that's been in this offense for five or six years and you could say, This is the No. 1 guy."

McNabb also added that he feels he has the right weapons on offense to have a big-play offense. "The thing about this offense and what we've kind of hung our hat on the last couple of years was that everybody has the opportunity to make something happen for this team. And I think we have the firepower on this team at each position where we can kind of get guys going and we can be a powerful offense."

burmafrd

Reaction score
yeah, he can't say" I got maybe one WR who will be halfway decent- I am hoping one of the other guys steps up at least. Real playmakers on offense - just me and Westbrook. We could be in a world of hurt this year"
That is the truth but it will not be spoken of by anyone in the Eagles organization- except maybe if they get drunk enough.

BlueWave

Reaction score
Is there an owl in the Eagles locker room. I keep hearing the same thing everytime McNabb talks about his receivers "who....who...who......who......"