Eagles OG Brandon Brooks tears Achilles

Tussinman

Reaction score
How is he "the HIGHEST graded guard in 2019" and then the "2nd ranked guard on the PFF50"?
2019 list was based on overall grade. PFF50 was based on predictions and potential going into 2020.

Jan of 2019 he tore his achilles, November he misses a game due to "anxiety" and then Jan of 2020 he seperated his shoulder so they thought Quinten Nelson had higher upside going into 2020. Turns out they where right, durability is an issue

Last edited:

adamknite

Reaction score
How is he "the HIGHEST graded guard in 2019" and then the "2nd ranked guard on the PFF50"?

To be fair, just because somebody grades higher by some formula doesn't mean he has to be ranked by people as the number 1 if the rankings are done by opinions and not strictly data.

Obviously I have no idea if that's the case here, but just throwing that out there.

Tussinman

Reaction score
To be fair, just because somebody grades higher by some formula doesn't mean he has to be ranked by people as the number 1 if the rankings are done by opinions and not strictly data.

Obviously I have no idea if that's the case here, but just throwing that out there.
The 2nd list was based on potential and momentum going into 2020 (so yes your correct, it was opinion based while the 1st list was more factual)

Brooks in a 12 month stretch has 2 major injuries and missed a game due to "anxiety" so they thought Quinton Nelson had the better upside and potential for 2020

quickccc

Reaction score
It should be noted that he tore the other Achilles in Jan 2019 and was back for the first game in Sept 2019 and was arguably one of the best, if not the best, OGs in football. So he was back in less than a year. But given he tore it just a couple of months before the season is supposed to start, he's definitely done for 2020.

i thought that was in 2018 when Brooks suffered that last ruptured achilles tear ?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-guard-brandon-brooks-says-tore-left-achilles

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
He's out for the 2020 season. That's a huge blow for them as he was arguably their best OL.

He tore his other Achilles the previous season.

Wow...……...they continue to have terrible luck with injuries.

We lost Frederick. AT least we have some young guys that give us a few options.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

So here's the dirty secret of any subscription site that ranks things.

The key to sales is variation. No one pays for something if it just says Quinten Nelson is the best guard every year. Variability keeps people buying. Lots of ways to achieve that. Sometimes it involves changing how you score. Other times it just means adding random noise as part of your total score.

The more things change, the more people think they need rankings to keep up.

US News and World Reports perfected this approach with college rankings and PFF borrowed the model.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Eagles did not draft a G, only a T in the 4th and 6th rounds. Guess we should go back and regrade the Eagle draft. Aren’t GMs supposed to know stuff in advance? Or does that criticism only apply to Jerry and Stephen.

I don’t think the Eagles resigned Peters. So that is 2 OL gone. Take some more PEDs Lane Johnson.

When one has Jalon Hurts at QB, who needs blockers? :)

Blackspider214

Reaction score
So this mash unit will win the east again. Is that what I'm hearing?
:facepalm:

I would literally shoot myself in the foot if that happens.

Doubtful. If we had a coach last year with a pulse, we easily win the East. That Eagles game was all coaching. Dak had an injured shoulder and did not practice all week yet we decided to have him throw the ball over 40 times and hardly use Zeke. God awful.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Why would they need excuses? Their team sent out a mash unit last season and still beat the Cowboys in arguably the most important game of the season.

Their excuse that they didn't win the playoff game was because Wentz got hurt....

Jeffkills

Reaction score
I'm buying this right now...

coping-with-grief-book-drawings_csp13002934.jpg