Eagles OT Lane Johnson retires

Hmm, his dead cap hit right now comes in at a minimum of $25 million and could be more depending on how his bonuses are structured.
 
Smart decision.

Playing professional football is far more than just having a job. You have to love the game and have enough dedication to make huge sacrifices in time, family, personal life and health.

It is constant and intense pressure to perform at a certain level and he owes no apology for realizing he just couldn't do it anymore....

.......but i won't miss him......
 
Nothing but love for him. He's a monster on the right. Likely the best of the generation.

It is hard to have your heart in something that takes you away from family for 14 years.

Eagle or not -- we all gotta give this dude mad respect
 

Interesting. I saw the Mike Fisher show at 6 yesterday and he said there is more to the story and then I saw this which shows some conflict. It sounds like there’s some toxicity going on over there and maybe AJ Brown wasn’t the culprit. Or maybe AJ wasn’t the only toxic one. Some Eagles fans on YouTube were making jokes about Jalen being the toxic one and Lane couldn’t handle playing with him anymore. But I highly doubt that. I’m very interested in knowing what is going on over there and I hope we get the whole story some time. But we never get the whole story so I’m not holding my breath. Very interesting 24 hours tho for the Eagles. Couldn’t happen to a nicer team.
 
The eagles record with him playing vs not playing is 18-29 vs 122-63-1.
It's a considerable step down.
Yes!! Anyone down playing this is not facing the facts. They just lost a huge piece. Again it couldn’t happen to a nicer team. I just hope whatever Lane’s mental health issues are he gets healthy.
 
When you think of elite right tackles, you think about Lane Johnson. Just look at the record when he is out of the lineup. Huge loss for the Eagles
 
Wonder if he waits to submit retirement papers till next year post March 1st, to help the Eagles, or if he doesn't care for Roseman, submits them now which puts them in a bind.
 
They are hurting right now. O line sucks, two running backs down also. This Division should be ours if the D steps up.
 
Apparently AJ Brown wasn't wrong about Philly. Maybe he was the least of their problems. He's gone yet the dysfunction remains. In fact, looks worse now than ever because the talent on the field isn't masking said dysfunction. This couldn't happen to a better team lol. Too bad Lane didn't get drafted by us, he would have fit in much better in Dallas than Philly. Oklahoma kid too I think. Great player. I feel bad for him. The oline there is in a massive state of flux. The heart of that team circa Jalen Hurts era, has been the oline and solid d. Without that top line, Jalen is exposed for what he is, which is very limited. I'm being kind. With no line, can't run him much using rpo, can't run with Barkley, no holes...and now Barkley, Bigsby are hurt. Down to Will Shipley lol. Lemon has been, well....a lemon so far. Terrible pick when they clearly needed a lineman up front. I been jealous of roseman, but last couple years he's been trash. We nailed the draft this year. It will move the needle for us in short order. We just need to sure up linebacker . We look dangerous. Philly just keeps taking body blows. This retirement was huge. Can we seize the division?
 
It is pretty evident that behind close doors there must be much more going on then we think. It seems the franchise will turn on you on a dime....LJ, AJ, soon to be Hurts. That said, I don't care what team this guy plapyed on, mentail health is a major issue for many and it is no laughing matter
 
He was an Eagle, but I have to give him credit. He was one of the best offensive tackles to ever play football. The Eagles will miss him. I thought it was bad for teh Eagles when Kelce retired, and it was. But this loss is really going to hurt. There is talk that the LG, Dickerson, is only a shell of himself as well.

I have been hearing talking heads speak about Johnson having mental health issues. He mentioned this twice in his retirement announcement. I don't know what that is about but I sincerely hope he finds peace in his life. I hope this does not turn out to be another Mark Tuinei situation.
 
Great career.

He was the 1st rd OT prospect who I trusted the least in that 2013 draft. Boy was I wrong about that one.

Though he didn't play LT, he belonged in those conversations with Tyron, Trent, and Peters throughout the 2010s. Future HOF'er for sure.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,210
Messages
14,672,836
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top