Eagles QBs

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Not sure what to think of the media calling Wentz heroic for basically taking himself out of the playoff game early by reporting his symptoms to trainers (meaning he wasn’t directed to the tent by anyone) while McCown played through a torn hamstring. I’d love to know what the Philly locker room feels about it, though I’m sure no one will share openly.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
About the worst thing for someone who got concussed to do is go out and get hit again.

This isn't a hammy that you can have surgery on. It is a brain that you'll need for another 60 or so years to have a normal life.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I think that nobody other than fans cares about that, and comparing a head injury for a guy who really is just hitting his prime to a hamstring injury to a guy who was probably playing his last game is pretty unfair.

Reactions: C42

C42

Reaction score
Not sure what to think of the media calling Wentz heroic for basically taking himself out of the playoff game early by reporting his symptoms to trainers (meaning he wasn’t directed to the tent by anyone) while McCown played through a torn hamstring. I’d love to know what the Philly locker room feels about it, though I’m sure no one will share openly.
Jenkins (who has played thru a concussion before) said Carson did the right thing and that he made the wrong decision a couple years ago playing through his concussion. Just one player who happens to be a leader in that locker room. Dunno bout the rest of ‘em.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Nobody called Tyron Smith a hero for having a bad back and missing the last game.

It's ridiculous to call him a hero ....... But if he has concussion symptoms he needs to tell someone.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3lrkvn.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Carson

Reaction score
That KJ Hill? I’m excited to see how he and Victor do in the pros. I think Victor has a really high ceiling.

It is. I agree as well.

I see Hill as just your blue collar, 60 catches every year type

C42

Reaction score
It is. I agree as well.

I see Hill as just your blue collar, 60 catches every year type
I'm excited to see him in the pros. He's a slot, move the chains type of guy. If you guys got him and used him like you used Cole Beasley he would excel (and I would hate you guys lol).

Chuck 54

Reaction score
About the worst thing for someone who got concussed to do is go out and get hit again.

This isn't a hammy that you can have surgery on. It is a brain that you'll need for another 60 or so years to have a normal life.
I think we all know the health facts and risks. I’m just wondering how many QBs or players at any position would have reported their symptoms after 8 snaps in the first playoff game of their careers when no one watching sent them to be examined. I think it’s hyperbole to call it heroic, and I definitely think very few players would have done it, whether it’s the right thing to do or not.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Jenkins (who has played thru a concussion before) said Carson did the right thing and that he made the wrong decision a couple years ago playing through his concussion. Just one player who happens to be a leader in that locker room. Dunno bout the rest of ‘em.
Interesting. I wonder how many Cowboys fans would have totally roasted Dak for doing the same thing.

C42

Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder how many Cowboys fans would have totally roasted Dak for doing the same thing.
Well considering a lot are bashing Wentz for doing it, idk. A second concussion right after the first can be fatal. Considering the guy couldn’t remember anything, I think he made the right move. Brain injuries aren’t ones I’d want anyone to play through.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I think we all know the health facts and risks. I’m just wondering how many QBs or players at any position would have reported their symptoms after 8 snaps in the first playoff game of their careers when no one watching sent them to be examined. I think it’s hyperbole to call it heroic, and I definitely think very few players would have done it, whether it’s the right thing to do or not.

You need to be hyperbolic here. Too many dumb folks screaming about. Most players would go out and get drilled again because they deny that they can't see straight or process stimuli.

Let's applaud someone normalizing not being an idiot.