Eagles, Ravens, Vikes, Falcons thoughts

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
1) the more I see of Philly, the more convinced I am that they are not going to win the division...McNabb made two good plays tonight along with a bunch of really bad ones...Owens made one play...they lost their only decent RB threat...their OL is vastly overrated and their defense is nowhere near as good as it was 2-3 years ago...I'll be very surprised if they win more than 10 games

2) Ravens....I dont know what it is, but for some reason Kyle Boller reminds me of the second coming of Steve Pelluer...he is a mediocre at best passer and doesnt make good throwing decisions...good defense, good run game, quality OL...but awful QBing and no receivers that scare anyone

3) Vikes...Vikes 1st team looked impressive on both sides of ball...very aggressive on defense but definitely can be run on...man we have to keep good protection for Vinny, Cottrell really put together alot of good blitz schemes...barring a couple of key injuries I think they run away with that division easily

4) Falcons...I've said it before and will continue to say it, Vick is the most overhyped players not just in NFL History, but sports history in general...the guy is just a bad, bad passer, he was never above average before and now looks awful...he honestly looks lost in the new offense and was outplayed BADLY by rookie 3rd rd pick Matt Schuab again, especially tonight.....this is a last place team w/o question....no offense, no defense...Schaub does look impressive though...it will be very interesting to see what happens if they are 2-10 in December and Vick is stinking up the joint...

David

AJM1613

Reaction score
Tell Roy Williams that Buckhalter was our only decent HB threat.

That was funny, really.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

That was funny, really.
soon as you tell Mcnabb that roy can't touch him...

T-New41

Shut 'em Down
Reaction score
Moss welcomed Hall to the NFL, Dayum.

I hope he doesnt do that to Newman :(

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
1) the more I see of Philly, the more convinced I am that they are not going to win the division

You may be in a minority if you believe a preseason game can be a barometer to determine who will win the division. Go back to your post office job (not that there's anything wrong with working in the post office, but you sound "postal.")

Defense (as limited as it was), was sticking, making plays and turnovers. Our "D" will improve as key players get healthier.

The Eagles moved the ball well before Buckhalter's season ending injury, and they moved ot well after the injury. Our offensive line still needs tweaking, but even though its early, the O-line gave McNabb time to sit In the pocket and wait for plays to develop. Even when the pocket crumbled or during the blitz, we showed several quick, effective plays Over the middle or delayed short passes that seemed to keep Baltimore at bay.

Bottom line

...we put points On the board
...we improved since last game
...we still haven't shown our true strategy; offense/defense.
...the game was costly; but Eagles GM seems to be On the Job this year --
I predict a stellar replacement for "the Buck"
...we won!

Recommendation for you ...stop sniffing glue, it not good for making predictions; even if they are dogmatic! :eek:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

That was funny, really.

guess we'll see AJ...you guys have about 200 yds rushing in two games, almost ALL of which has came in scrub time...

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
You may be in a minority if you believe a preseason game can be a barometer to determine who will win the division. Go back to your post office job (not that there's anything wrong with working in the post office, but you sound "postal.")

Defense (as limited as it was), was sticking, making plays and turnovers. Our "D" will improve as key players get healthier.

The Eagles moved the ball well before Buckhalter's season ending injury, and they moved ot well after the injury. Our offensive line still needs tweaking, but even though its early, the O-line gave McNabb time to sit In the pocket and wait for plays to develop. Even when the pocket crumbled or during the blitz, we showed several quick, effective plays Over the middle or delayed short passes that seemed to keep Baltimore at bay.

Bottom line

...we put points On the board
...we improved since last game
...we still haven't shown our true strategy; offense/defense.
...the game was costly; but Eagles GM seems to be On the Job this year --
I predict a stellar replacement for "the Buck"
...we won!

Recommendation for you ...stop sniffing glue, it not good for making predictions; even if they are dogmatic! :eek:

recommendation for you, stop posting after hitting the crack pipe...its not good for brain cells...

like I said, 10-6 at best...come back and see us in December

David

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
MOSSisGOD said:
and rightfully so
I am watching it right now in the replay and I had to laugh at how DeAngelo Hall
got schooled....welcome to the NFL. Tough quarter for Dantzler!

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
recommendation for you, stop posting after hitting the crack pipe...its not good for brain cells...

like I said, 10-6 at best...come back and see us in December

David

We just signed Levens to our running back attack! Now what were you saying about illegal substances ... :D

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
ARMAGEDDON EAGLE said:
We just signed Levens to our running back attack! Now what were you saying about illegal substances ... :D
Levns? How scary is that?