Eagles re-sign Brandon Graham

Sydla

Reaction score
You were the one who thought Philly would franchise tag Foles and trade him for Fournette and a 1st round pick lol

I thought they would tag him but I never said they would get Fournette and a 1st round pick. In fact, I believe I said that my gut was telling me they might get a 3rd for him.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
making championship games =/= Super Bowls

Jordan Hicks is imperative because of his elite zone coverage skills, GPS for the football, and elite ability to read and react and pursue the ballcarrier against the run. His weakness is block shedding because he's a speed LB and not a big one, but that's more than made up for with his other skills patrolling the middle of the field. He's basically Jaylon Smith's equal when healthy

He is good, but he’s not healthy very often. And again, we already won 1 without him and i don’t think his 10 games a season is worth the money he’ll get. He’s our Sean Lee.

We’ll likely end up resigning him and it’ll be fine, but I don’t have an issue with letting him go.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Panthers were considering him as well, I think.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think there's a chance they keep Jernigan after they get him to restructure his deal.

I am bullish on building in the trenches. That's where you win games. We certainly seem to understand that at OL, but at DL, they seem to have bought, at least partially, into the notion that Marinelli is a magician and can turn cheap bums into great DL players.

It would be nice if they dropped an elite DT in here somewhere - either in the draft or in FA.

Isn't Jernigan a DT? 1T or 3T? Isn't he a space eater?

C42

Reaction score
They had another quality linebacker, Kendricks, back in 2017. They don't have that now. That's one of those positions where you can't really be a serious contender with a JAG starting.
Kendricks didn't play as much when we switched to a 4-3. Liability in coverage. His strength was/is blitzing the QB.

C42

Reaction score
He is good, but he’s not healthy very often. And again, we already won 1 without him and i don’t think his 10 games a season is worth the money he’ll get. He’s our Sean Lee.

We’ll likely end up resigning him and it’ll be fine, but I don’t have an issue with letting him go.
I hope we re-sign him at a discount due to his injury history. Or even a one year prove it deal similar to Maclin.

DezNuts

Reaction score
They can cut Bennet and Aghlohor to save like 16mill on the cap.

Sydla

Reaction score
According to the Philadelphia Daily News, so are Jason Peters and Nelson Agalor

Agholor is an interesting case. He had one really good year and that's it. But what are they going to do at WR if they cut him? They hav Jeffery and they think Mack Hollins is something, but what else? Is Wallace still under contract?

millennial_legend

Reaction score
Cutting Agholor would be stupid, he's a well above average slot receiver and still on his rookie contract. Assuming Tate is also likely gone, they'll be left with zero slot receivers and a sketchy situation at #2 to boot. As great as Ertz, Goedert and Jeffery are, they can't go heavy formation all game long. And they still need a bell cow, Adams just isn't athletic or good enough and the other 2 are mainly scatbacks.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
According to the Philadelphia Daily News, so are Jason Peters and Nelson Agalor
Cutting Peters' nearly $20M cap hit would allow them to sign Jordan Hicks and Leveon Bell - but at what cost to the offensive line?

Hal Vaitai has actually been a passable LT when starting full-time, but is passable good enough when your injury-prone QB is one hit away from making you a 4-12 bottom feeding team that will have the fans hurling snowballs at Pederson by December?

Sydla

Reaction score
Cutting Agholor would be stupid, he's a well above average slot receiver and still on his rookie contract. Assuming Tate is also likely gone, they'll be left with zero slot receivers and a sketchy situation at #2 to boot. As great as Ertz, Goedert and Jeffery are, they can't go heavy formation all game long. And they still need a bell cow, Adams just isn't athletic or good enough and the other 2 are mainly scatbacks.

They need the cap space and frankly, Agholor has been average to bad for three seasons and only good for one season (2017). He's nearly a $10MM cap hit this year. You can probably find his production cheaper given their cap situation. If they didn't have cap issues, I'd certainly keep him.

But I will say this.

If he was a FA, I'd sure as crap be interested in bringing him in if the price was right. His ceiling is higher than Beasley.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cutting Peters' nearly $20M cap hit would allow them to sign Jordan Hicks and Leveon Bell - but at what cost to the offensive line?

Hal Vaitai has actually been a passable LT when starting full-time, but is passable good enough when your injury-prone QB is one hit away from making you a 4-12 bottom feeding team that will have the fans hurling snowballs at Pederson by December?

What? No.

No "$20 million cap hit".

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/jason-peters-1179/

Do more research.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
They need the cap space and frankly, Agholor has been average to bad for three seasons and only good for one season (2017). He's nearly a $10MM cap hit this year. You can probably find his production cheaper given their cap situation.

But I will say this.

If he was a FA, I'd sure as crap be interested in bringing him in. His ceiling is higher than Beasley.
He's better than Beasley because he can actually catch stuff beyond 15 yards. He's both fast and quick, Beasley is just quick.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They need the cap space and frankly, Agholor has been average to bad for three seasons and only good for one season (2017). He's nearly a $10MM cap hit this year. You can probably find his production cheaper given their cap situation.

But I will say this.

If he was a FA, I'd sure as crap be interested in bringing him in. His ceiling is higher than Beasley.

When I think of Agholor, I think of this:

He was THIS CLOSE to going completely in the tank and all-out bust status. I wouldn't want to pay for that risk that he might easily go back there if things went south.