Eagles release Malcolm Jenkins

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I'm not going anywhere the suggested 14mil a year he wanted.
This is going to be another Earl Thomas -type move for him.

He wants one more chance to pull the Golden Parachute ripcord.

We need to stay away from these type players.

montgod

Reaction score
did not know he was that old
33 in December. He is older but I think he still has a good year or two in him. I think he would be the type of signing to improve the defense as a whole by being a true vocal coach on the field depending on how much he would take to be signed. Maybe he gives Boys a smaller figure to get back at the Eagles.

Tussinman

Reaction score
He was set to make 7-8M in 2020 but wanted 14M. Eagles rightly said cya.
Agreed. Past his prime yet wants 2x the money of when he was in his prime. No thanks

Thornhill was actually rated higher than him and was available to us last year in the 2nd round...... (would rather spend a 2nd on safety then spend 14 million)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He wouldn’t be a fit here. He used to be a really good player though.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I think Wilson shines this year. I’m not really worried about the safety position other than adding numbers.

Sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
He's a "roamer" style safety, which I'm skeptical on whether or not the Cowboys would allow that kinda player. But I'd be all for it for his leadership and skills around the LoS

Sydla

Reaction score
Interesting move. They are likely looking at guys like Clinton Dix.

And here in Dallas, we can't seem to quit Jeff Heath.

Sydla

Reaction score
I agree with Mickey, there is a reason he got released by the Eagles.

He squawked about more money last year and there were rumors he was going to hold out. Philly didn't want to pay him so they cut him.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
He squawked about more money last year and there were rumors he was going to hold out. Philly didn't want to pay him so they cut him.
So are those qualities you want in a player in Dallas?

Sydla

Reaction score
So are those qualities you want in a player in Dallas?

What? Many players squawk about more money. If you ignored every player that asked for more money you'd have a roster of losers.

That said, I am not sure I'd be totally on board with signing Jenkins. He was so-so and inconsistent last year. He also thinks he's worth more than he really is so he might price himself out of our market anyway.

I'd look elsewhere for FA safety help but that's just me.

calico

Reaction score
i would like him here alot but he might price himself out. as always for us and safeties.

Sydla

Reaction score
Again, he was pretty inconsistent last year in Philly. He did play better down the stretch for them when they made their run but at times he really struggled last year.

He thinks he should be paid a big number but I wonder if he's going to find the market not as receptive as he thinks.