Eagles release Orlando Scandrick

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Scandrick was bad but not the worst yesterday. He was definetely scapegoated to send a message. Here are some Eagles PFF grades from yesterday:

Rasul Douglas - 37.4 (horrific performance)
Brandon Graham 43.8 (gotta be one of the worst games of his career)
Derek Barnett 52.8
Malcolm Jenkins 53.2
scandrick 53.9

How did Barnett end up with such a low grade? He was one of the few Eagles able to get pressure and definitely gave injured Tyron trouble on the pass rush. I'm guessing he must have been awful against the run.

Tussinman

Reaction score
How did Barnett end up with such a low grade? He was one of the few Eagles able to get pressure and definitely gave injured Tyron trouble on the pass rush. I'm guessing he must have been awful against the run.
Tyron destroyed him in the run game.

Also his pass rush was a little overrated since you only heard his name the 3 plays he actually did something. The other 30 something pass plays where he was getting shoved around (5 or 6 of which Tyron completely taking him to the ground) he was a non factor

gimmesix

Reaction score
Tyron destroyed him in the run game.

Also his pass rush was a little overrated since you only heard his name the 3 plays he actually did something. The other 30 something pass plays where he was getting shoved around (5 or 6 of which Tyron completely taking him to the ground) he was a non factor

Well, obviously, no one on the Eagles' defense did that much against us, but Barnett at least made a few plays. I thought he had a better game than Fletcher Cox, who we handled well outside of a few plays as well.

But when I go back and watch games, I focus on our players and not the enemy, so I could be wrong about that.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Well, obviously, no one on the Eagles' defense did that much against us, but Barnett at least made a few plays. I thought he had a better game than Fletcher Cox, who we handled well outside of a few plays as well.

But when I go back and watch games, I focus on our players and not the enemy, so I could be wrong about that.
I knew Barnett vs Tyron was gonna be the key matchup this week so on literally every play I watched Tyron until the either the ball got thrown or the running back moved away/past the left side.

That's why it's so hard to judge lineman. Most of this forum probably thought "Tyron looked like crap he got burned/beat" when in reality he neutralized a 1st round DE for 97% of the game

gimmesix

Reaction score
I knew Barnett vs Tyron was gonna be the key matchup this week so on literally every play I watched Tyron until the either the ball got thrown or the running back moved away/past the left side.

That's why it's so hard to judge lineman. Most of this forum probably thought "Tyron looked like crap he got burned/beat" when in reality he neutralized a 1st round DE for 97% of the game

I wasn't one who thought Tyron played poorly because of that "handful" of plays. My only thought was that some of those were plays Smith doesn't normally give up when he's completely healthy.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Scan gave up on the Austin play.

Wouldnt be surprised if he goes to the Rams.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Dude was loafing on some plays, that is what Pederson probably saw when he went back and watched the tape of the game.

They didnt lose because of Oscan, but he was expendable enough that cutting him sends a message to the rest of the team, that is what Pederson is probably hoping for.

We shall see if that motivates his group to play any better next week against the Bills.

mmohican29

Reaction score
You know that has to sting for him.

I was listening to Broaddus today and he was taking some subtle digs at Scandrick. Talking about enjoying seeing him struggle. There's a story there we don't know about.

Probably not.

I enjoy seeing him struggle too. The guy is a class A jerk, and a mediocre to bad football player this team overvalued from day 1.

He made about 20 plays in umpteen hundred snaps in Dallas.

Let's break out the Victor Cruz, Manningham, Hakeem Nicks, Jeramy Maclin, DeSean Jackson highlight reels with special guests Julio Jones, Roddy White, etc.

The guy sucks. I'm sorry he's no longer scrubbing it up for Philly.

cern

Reaction score
they also released dt Akeem spence. and last week released the lb that called out kirk cousins. that's 3 starters in two weeks. could Pederson be in panic mode.