Eagles replace their Defensive Coordinator

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Wow.

Their D Coord is having play calling duties taken from him.

Matt Patricia will run the defense against Seattle.

Big news.

Sydla

Reaction score
Wow, this has been a rough two weeks for them. Get mauled by the 49ers. Get mauled by us. Slay is out with knee surgery. Hurts has the flu and could miss tomorrow. Now they demote their DC.

I mean I knew they would come back to earth a bit after starting 10-1 with so many close/lucky wins but this like plummeting back to earth at 500,000 miles per hour. LOL.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Wow, this has been a rough two weeks for them. Get mauled by the 49ers. Get mauled by us. Slay is out with knee surgery. Hurts has the flu and could miss tomorrow. Now they demote their DC.

I mean I knew they would come back to earth a bit after starting 10-1 with so many close/lucky wins but this like plummeting back to earth at 500,000 miles per hour. LOL.
It DOES seem like an overreaction from an outsiders POV.

I mean....if you knew you were gonna play a stretch of 6 games that went : Miami, Dallas, KansasCity AT ARROWHEAD, Buffalo, SanFran (when SF was on 10 day rest), and at Dallas (dallas on 10 day rest)....and ifbyou said back in Sept "they'll go 4-2 over that stretch", I imagine Philly would have taken that ALL day long.

But something else is up. Those weird comments by Slay....and then the "we're predictable" comment by an anonymous Eagle....and now this....there must be some serious differences of opinion going on behind the scenes. After all....pretty dire stuff for a team that will be favored to finish 14-3.

JayFord

Reaction score
I heard someone say the Eagles are tired , LMAO. Everyone is after them. Try being America’s team when that’s a year in and year out.
lol i agree

try winning a game 40-0 and people trolling saying you suck and its not impressive

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Well...TBT.....this can't be any worse than what they had.

8 successive drives ending in TDs between last part of SF game and 1st part of ours.

This could get weird though. Darius Slay had a huge public clash with Patricia in Detroit...with venomous words spoken. Coincidence that he decided to have knee surgery this week?

Hmmmmmmmmm

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

Haha I like that analogy. Nice. :thumbup:

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I think that quote by Jay Glazer is wrong.

Desai (sp) is still the DCoord.

But....he won't be calling plays. This is maybe nitpicking....but he still holds the DCoord title.....FOR NOW

Zman5

Reaction score
Didn't Slay play for him when Patricia was the HC in Detroit? I wonder if this is why Slay said what he said about the EaGirls in his podcast.
The team removing his DC in this sneaky manner for a suckass coach he played for before . And now he isn't playing this week.