Eagles replace their Defensive Coordinator

Sydla

Reaction score
It DOES seem like an overreaction from an outsiders POV.

I mean....if you knew you were gonna play a stretch of 6 games that went : Miami, Dallas, KansasCity AT ARROWHEAD, Buffalo, SanFran (when SF was on 10 day rest), and at Dallas (dallas on 10 day rest)....and ifbyou said back in Sept "they'll go 4-2 over that stretch", I imagine Philly would have taken that ALL day long.

But something else is up. Those weird comments by Slay....and then the "we're predictable" comment by an anonymous Eagle....and now this....there must be some serious differences of opinion going on behind the scenes. After all....pretty dire stuff for a team that will be favored to finish 14-3.
Yeah, 4-2 over that stretch would be great and most fans would have taken that to start the year.

But something it just off a bit with them. All the close wins, then it comes out some players are leaking stuff to the media, players complaining about issues on offense, etc. This could be, as you say, an overreaction or it could be a real issue that Sirianni is trying to fix heading into the playoffs. Fact is, they still are a talented enough team to be able to compete in the playoffs so this could just be clean up time for them.

One thing to note, Sirianni's antics probably played well when everything was going great. But if they start leaking oil more and more, I wonder if his childishness is going to rub players the wrong way.

Mannix

Reaction score
I heard someone say the Eagles are tired , LMAO. Everyone is after them. Try being America’s team when that’s a year in and year out.
Everyone is after them except the league and referees.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Yeah, 4-2 over that stretch would be great and most fans would have taken that to start the year.

But something it just off a bit with them. All the close wins, then it comes out some players are leaking stuff to the media, players complaining about issues on offense, etc. This could be, as you say, an overreaction or it could be a real issue that Sirianni is trying to fix heading into the playoffs. Fact is, they still are a talented enough team to be able to compete in the playoffs so this could just be clean up time for them.

One thing to note, Sirianni's antics probably played well when everything was going great. But if they start leaking oil more and more, I wonder if his childishness is going to rub players the wrong way.
Well....we don't know what a Sad Siriani looks like. Not LEGIT sad.

He's currently just "10-3 Sad"...which...like...would make MOST teams/fans out there completely ecstatic...regardless of the context.

Just one of those rare years where you could have THREE 14 win teams all in the same conference...which amps the pressure up. The 1 Seed is SUCH an advantage to get to the SB.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Wow. That's a shocking move for a 10-3 team to make near the end of the season! I'll be LMAO if Dallas wins the division, but they have to take care of business up in Buffalo today first. An Eagles collapse will be a wonderful Christmas present!

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
How are there still NFL teams out there that believe Matt Patricia is the answer?

NumOneQB

Reaction score
It DOES seem like an overreaction from an outsiders POV.

I mean....if you knew you were gonna play a stretch of 6 games that went : Miami, Dallas, KansasCity AT ARROWHEAD, Buffalo, SanFran (when SF was on 10 day rest), and at Dallas (dallas on 10 day rest)....and ifbyou said back in Sept "they'll go 4-2 over that stretch", I imagine Philly would have taken that ALL day long.

But something else is up. Those weird comments by Slay....and then the "we're predictable" comment by an anonymous Eagle....and now this....there must be some serious differences of opinion going on behind the scenes. After all....pretty dire stuff for a team that will be favored to finish 14-3.
I think they’re desperate because they see the writing on the wall. They’re not good enough to beat Dallas or SF to come out of the NFC. So they’re desperately throwing things at the wall to see if they stick. They’re a good team, just not good enough defensively. It’s a 2 horse race between Dallas and SF at this point in the season. Injuries are the only thing to stop these two….