Twitter: Eagles think Jaylon had dirty hit. Sending video to the league office

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know, maybe technically against the rules … pretty close. But if the league is going to start worrying about every play like this they will need to staff up to deal with them all.

ESisback

Reaction score
I watched that play several times. Not only did Jaylon seem to let the RB right past, but it looked like Aldon Smith eased up too. I also noticed they sent a blocker straight at Sean Lee, like they KNEW that all they had to do was occupy Lee and Lawrence, and they’d have an easy time.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I'm pretty comfortable saying that if Jaylon Smith "launched" himself he'd be more than a couple inches off the ground. Bum knee and all. It's absolutely poor technique. It's not remotely "dirty" or "malicious" in any way. The helmet contact is incidental.
I didn't say the dude was launching like he was trying to kill the guy head first. He didn't go as hard as he could, but he definitely targeted the head. If his head stayed up no big deal, he clearly leaned into the hit.

Creeper

Reaction score
My question is what was he doing taking on the blocker when the RB was running by him? Why wasn't he cutting back to his right to make the play? This is why Jaylon Smith is not a good LB. As for the hit, who the heck knows what Jaylon was trying to do? Fine him. Fine him for poor play too.