Eagles won't make the playoffs......according to Eric Allen

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
AmericasTeam31 said:
Eric Allen said on Sports Center that the Eagles won't make the playoffs this year. While it deosn't mean anything, at least some mediots are starting to open their eyes and realize that the Eagles weren't that good, the rest of us were just that bad.

Dan Patrick also thinks less of the Eagles. I really don't know of any analysts who still believe the Eagles will make the playoffs. They have no running game and every team exploits that fact each week. You can't win if you are unable to run the ball.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'll give them the next 3 games first before I completely write them off. Although they're not the same team, they've shown an ability in recent years to string together 4-5-6 wins when everyone seems to least expect it. So we'll see...

followthestar

Reaction score
until the Eagles are dead and buried, i won't be convinced. i've seen them pull together too many times to count them out just yet. i believe the Skins have a good chance, and i think we will beat them in their house.
i really thought the Skins would have folded by now, but Brunell and Moss have made a lot of big plays and their defense is still pretty good. i don't see that continuing though, and i think the East will come down to NY and us. more important for us to beat the Giants in their house than the Eagles, IMO.

jem88

Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
Well you didn't do a very good job then. :)
I was not criticizing Irvin for doing his job, he can give all the praise he wants if deserved or not to whomever he wants. I like Irvin and his comments and his demeanor, he's great. I was simply stating that he was way too overboard on all the NY love last night, I think all the hoopla from them was clouding his comments, which is very unlike him. I heard Irvin criticize the Cowboys before, and it didn't bother me, for the most parts he was right.
When Dallas lays a 36-0 smackdown on a team that was leading the division at the time, I'm sure we'll get our share of love as well.

kmd24

Reaction score
Dallas said:
Where was that "solid" defense last week?

How many yards did Eli/Tiki roll up on them?

The Commanders look exploitable in the run game to the left side of their DL, but they did a reasonable job in pass defense.

Unfortunately for Philly, the have no run game.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
kmd24 said:
The Commanders look exploitable in the run game to the left side of their DL, but they did a reasonable job in pass defense.

Unfortunately for Philly, the have no run game.

The point I was going to make as well.

Technically it was the right side of the D, Left side of the offense.

The pass D is however quite solid.

I told you guys a week or two ago that the Commanders D is not as good as it appeared. Sunday's game was unfortunately a perfect example of this.

The Commanders were dominated in every aspect of the game, same as the Cowboys did to Philly.

Hiero

Reaction score
well with the safeties we added. it seems parcells wants to use a lot of nickel and dime against the fecals. Should work out good, as they cant run worth a damn. cya eagles better luck next season.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
he's probably right...they cant run the ball,
It's not that they can't run the ball, it's that they don't run the ball. But the team reminds me of the 97' and 98' Cowboys, a team that had it's run but is suffering from free agent defections (losing depth) and some bad free agent moves (Kearse has been a bust) and age of some key players (like Dawkins). Their time is just about up. They'll scramble for a few more years to stay competitive then fall into rebuilding mode in 07 and 08.

Hoov

Reaction score
the eagles let too many starters walk in FA, and they have had more than their share of injuries this year. They have a lot of players getting up there in age, letting both Burgess and Simon walk was a huge mistake. Burgess already has 7 sacks for the raiders, and the rest of the raiders defense isnt that good. Without Simon they have no push up the middle. Now everyone is passing all over the field on them.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Hoov said:
the eagles let too many starters walk in FA, and they have had more than their share of injuries this year. They have a lot of players getting up there in age, letting both Burgess and Simon walk was a huge mistake. Burgess already has 7 sacks for the raiders, and the rest of the raiders defense isnt that good. Without Simon they have no push up the middle. Now everyone is passing all over the field on them.
Yes, that was my point too. They seemed to get away with it year after year but at some point, losing depth and quality players catches up with you.

To the poster who said he's going to the MNF game - I'll be there too, find me on the tailgate forum and maybe we can get together in the parking lot. Word to the wise, don't wear any obvious Cowboys attire...

lspain1

Reaction score
Hoov said:

I am beginning to think this is true. The Eagles have been one of the lower payroll teams for the W-L records they were achieving. They have gotten praise for their cap management skills. However, it could just be that this policy is catching up to them as they have deliberately let talent (and depth) slip away while maintaining cap room they never use. I understand the need to maintain cap room so you don't get into lots of dead money but they seem to have a deliberate policy of not spending.