Earl Thomas Carted off field with an air cast on his right leg **merged**

ksadler1

Reaction score
It appears the Seahawks were never going to trade him to Dallas after his stunt, unless Jerry made them a totally stupid offer.

Or, ET's agent was using Dallas to get better $$ from KC. I mean if we're being realistic here, where would you want to play to get another shot at a SB, Dallas or KC?

This is a business folks. ET was never coming to Dallas at a "discount" just to wear the star. ET was looking out for ET, which he should do. Where ET screwed up was playing at all before he got traded or signed a new contract...

Last edited:

CPanther95

Reaction score
This is why Le'Veon Bell isn't playing.

Right or wrong, it's exactly the reason.

The big difference though is Bell is not under contract, ET is.

ET had absolutely no justification for threatening a holdout.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I agree that the franchise tag offers "fair" compensation in the vast majority of cases, although "fair" is a very subjective term. I'm just not comfortable with the league dictating what is fair and locking the player up rather than the market deciding - especially on the tail end of rookie contracts that are already extremely regulated.

I fully agree with how the Steelers have handled Bell under the existing rules, but I also agree that it's not really fair to Bell. I said in the preseason that he'd be foolish to show up for Game 1 like he said he was planning instead of the latest possible date (Game 10 or 11??). He's risking $35-$40 million in guaranteed salary to make an extra $8 or $9 million this year. I think we're going to see more and more players refuse to play a complete season under the franchise tag, and any system that keeps marquee players off the field isn't a good thing.
Is he really risking 30-40m...... career ending injuries are very rare... even for RBs....more like delayed

EThomas will be back next year ......strong as ever

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Is he really risking 30-40m...... career ending injuries are very rare... even for RBs....more like delayed

EThomas will be back next year ......strong as ever
Old boy's contract demands will not be lowered. I guarantee it. And somebody is going to pay him.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

Bell has nothing to gain...... he can't get a new deal until next year

All he doing is losing 850k a week.... he has to come back by Week 10 or he loses FA

CPanther95

Reaction score
Bell has nothing to gain...... he can't get a new deal until next year

All he doing is losing 850k a week.... he has to come back by Week 10 or he loses FA

Nothing to gain, but a lot to lose. ACL/MCL issue, or even performance that isn't at superstar level will recalibrate his value for his next contract.

conner01

Reaction score
I respect he tried to play out his contract
I never expected a home town discount
I do think he would like to finish his career in Texas but not enough to give up much money
It’s a business and I never blame a player for wanting to get paid
I do respect a player like lee who bet on himself

erod

Reaction score

Is he not under the franchise tag? Both are essentially one-great deals.

lockster

Reaction score
The NFL should go to an NBA type free agency system. No franchise tags, but "Bird" rights that allow the drafting team to pay the player more than other teams, without the additional premium counting against the cap.
I've been saying this since the salary cap era started. If u have 4 years in one team that drafted u or got u off the street or cfa, then they should be able to be resigned way higher without it affecting the cap.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I saw that too. Maybe it’s not as bad as it seems and he’s just done with Hawks lol
He threw the finger at the Sehags.

This is why he wanted a new deal........karma baby.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I’m just letting you know about a proven Law in our world.

If you wanna turn your nose to it so be it

Nah, you're just justifying feeling good about someone else's misfortune.

Point me to the proven law that says having a leg broken is the "equal and opposite" reaction to pissing off another NFL team's fanbase.

CPanther95

Reaction score
Is he not under the franchise tag? Both are essentially one-great deals.

He hasn't signed the franchise tag offer yet, so he's not under any contract at the moment.

ET is in his 5th year of a 5 year contract. That should be no different than if he were in the 2nd year of a 7 year contract.

If players expect to always have at least 2 years remaining on their contract or they are going to sit out, you are guaranteeing that teams will almost always be paying a player one year too long.

Kalyan

Reaction score
Don't want a soon to be 30 safety who clearly can't stay healthy, is going to get paid and doesn't seem to be the best teammate.
And we have to pay a lot if money to keep CB Jones, DE Lawrence, Zeke and Dak