Earl Thomas chose

fivetwos

Reaction score
I cant come close to figuring out why, but whenever anyone puts on a Dallas uniform, they stink at DB.

I promise 31 goes elsewhere and is a solid player.

Newman looked cooked here, and went on to play well for years in Cin.

Claiborne was a cant miss DB, who missed badly here, but then at least saved some sort of face w Jets.

Carr was solid in KC, and exactly what was needed at the time. He was awful here, and is still in the league playing well in Balt.

Overall, getting turnovers, playing the ball w any kind of skill is just absent for Dallas DBs. I just dont know why.

remdak

Reaction score
It was an easy choice for Earl. Ravens offered him millions more than Dallas.

John813

Reaction score
What we should’ve done is given a 1st rounder for Minkah!

Steelers stole that one, and it’s paying off.

Unfortunately this team, from FO to coaches, overrate players. Woods is a solid safety, but they decided to stick with him and give him or Heath zero competition.

I would bet they didn't seriously consider Minkah cause he plays the same spot as Woods, but they like Woods so no need to make that trade...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I cant come close to figuring out why, but whenever anyone puts on a Dallas uniform, they stink at DB.

Claiborne was a cant miss DB, who missed badly here, but then at least saved some sort of face w Jets.

Carr was solid in KC, and exactly what was needed at the time. He was awful here, and is still in the league playing well in Balt.

Overall, getting turnovers, playing the ball w any kind of skill is just absent for Dallas DBs. I just dont know why.

Gee, I don't know, can't be coaching, right?

:laugh:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

The problem is that you are very wrong about what those players were in Dallas.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
That Ravens defense is killing it this year.

Solid choice by Earl IMO. They also have the timeless Brandon Carr back there doing things he should have been doing in Dallas.

Brandon Carr...8 ints in 4 years in KC. 3 ints his last 3 years in Dallas (Had 6 before Marenelli was the DC) and 6 through 2.5 years in Baltimore

#CoachingMatters

fivetwos

Reaction score
I recall joking during games, saying the philosophy HAS to be....."whatever you do, DO NOT try to make a play on the ball."

That was many DCs and DB coaches ago. I mean really, how can this be THIS bad for this long?

Its gotta be coaching to be ok enough to keep your job. Something along those lines. Part of the culture cancer that the team employees around here try to deny exists. Hey man, feed your families, earn a living, go ahead, but "Jerry's way" is a proven loser, I don't care what kind of numbers or spin you throw at me.

Flamma

Reaction score
What we should’ve done is given a 1st rounder for Minkah!

Steelers stole that one, and it’s paying off.

Absolutely! I could see that coming all day. The guy was well worth it. That was the one guy I was hoping the Cowboys pulled the trigger on.