Earl Thomas-Former Legion of Boom

phildadon86

Reaction score
How would Earl Thomas used?

He used to be a good Free Safety when he was young, but at his age and wear and tear, he gets burned one too many times. He no longer has the speed or quickness he used to have. There is no need to sign him as a strong safety or safety in the box, because we already have a young and motivated Donovan Wilson to play that role. We certainly don't want to bring in a soon to be 32 year old and hurt our young strong safeties growth just to please an old has been.

BIG PASS.
He was still very elite in coverage in his time in Baltimore. What are you talking about ? Lol

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Has been working out in Austin and could be had cheap.

Didn't like the choice, but if it works...

I didn't make the connection earlier today, but Dan Quinn coming here as DC should make Thomas much more likely to come here too from both sides, with their 2013-2014 years together producing 2 SBs and two All Pro years for Thomas.

If I'm Jerry, having Quinn here would help ease my concerns about Thomas. They've got history, and as positive history as you can get.

Thomas wouldn't want to screw Quinn. Coming here to make a buck, I can see a player being unconcerned about screwing everyone in the building. But not a guy you've had the best years of your career with.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I hadn't heard negatives on Brown. He should be happy getting paid what he has, because he's looking overpaid right now, though there's a decent chance a lot of that was due to poor coaching. At 4.25mil, he's basically a presigned typical offseason veteran free agent DB signing, and eligible to be cut w/o shedding a tear, though I think he has more in him than a 4.25mil DB.

Thomas, he seems above all to want to make money. Pay him almost exclusively in gameday checks. It's not that complicated. If he wants the money, he behaves. It doesn't have to be *low*, it has to be *not guaranteed*. Ever. Gameday checks.

We should have learned from Purple Drank that you don't front money to guys with personal issues, even though it that prevents you from pushing cap into the future. That's just another price of doing business with these guys. Accept it and pay it, or no deal.

I meant AB the wr malcontent that's now in Tampa.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He was still very elite in coverage in his time in Baltimore. What are you talking about ? Lol
He got burned several times, including during practice. He would also freelance and hurt the team by getting burned. Even his teammates started questioning his abilities.

Jipper

Reaction score
Cracks me up how people just remember his time in Seattle at his peak and not the past couple of years

he’s a name only now, not a team player, and not what this team needs...we need young hungry talent

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Earl Thomas is literally the exact opposite of what we should be looking for.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Really not interested in Thomas unless it was on a cheap short term deal. I do think Cowboys need to address FS but would just as soon take my chances on someone younger

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That's always true, but few ever want to accept that fact.

They could do like Aldon, with increments of money as he passed milestones.

Thomas could have shown up at a game one Sunday and been our best S. It all comes down to whether he can keep harmful personal problems off the team, and whether he wants to.

With his career near the end, making good for Jerry is probably one of the best financial moves he has left available. Jerry can do a player a lot of good, particularly someone who wants to retire in Texas.

Earl Thomas has as much negotiating leverage in the NFL these days as I do. His own teammates went to management and said get rid of him. Amazingly, the Ravens didn't fall apart without him. Go figure.

He'll be lucky to be offered the veteran minimum at this point. Past his prime, declining skills, and not exactly a team player - only a foolish GM would throw money at this guy. Come to think of it, Dallas probably is his best option. :facepalm:

Aven8

Reaction score
While I am against this move I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing him in for offseason work like HaHa last season for a looksie.

Bigtex67

Reaction score
Just gauging interest here.
What about Sherman? He is still playing pretty well. We know he fits the system. If we sign him, we would not necessarily have to draft a CB early, which would be nice.

For the right price, yes. We need some of his mentality in the secondary.