earl thomas or mike iupati?

rkell87

Reaction score
both are sitting there at 22 but you know Thomas isn't getting past Philly and i don't think zona passes on iupati and we all know the pats willingness to acquire picks so which one do we go get?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
rkell87;3260549 said:
both are sitting there at 22 but you know Thomas isn't getting past Philly and i don't think zona passes on iupati and we all know the pats willingness to acquire picks so which one do we go get?

Iupati, pains me to say it.

marchetta

Reaction score
Drew Boylhart [thehuddlereport.com] love Thomas as a CB. He says Thomas will be an great CB, but only an average FS. The problem with Thomas as a FS prospect is his unwillingness to tackle runners. He's a drag down tackler, and can't/won't tackle a runner head on. Drew says that while he'll be a great center fielder as FS, you'd better keep your fingers crossed that a runner never breaks it to his layer. Drew believes as a CB he'll shine and that's his true position. He says if a team is picking him as a FS, then he shouldn't be picked before the 2nd round. But if they're getting him as a corner, he's 1st round material. He compares him to Charles Woodson and says he has similar talents.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
marchetta;3260555 said:
Drew Boylhart [thehuddlereport.com] love Thomas as a CB. He says Thomas will be an great CB, but only an average FS. The problem with Thomas as a FS prospect is his unwillingness to tackle runners. He's a drag down tackler, and can't/won't tackle a runner head on. Drew says that while he'll be a great center fielder as FS, you'd better keep your fingers crossed that a runner never breaks it to his layer. Drew believes as a CB he'll shine and that's his true position. He says if a team is picking him as a FS, then he shouldn't be picked before the 2nd round. But if they're getting him as a corner, he's high 1st round material.

This guy is foolish. I may be a UT homer, but that does not blind me to how awesome Thomas is. IMO, he is a better safety prospect than Huff was.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;3260557 said:
This guy is foolish. I may be a UT homer, but that does not blind me to how awesome Thomas is. IMO, he is a better safety prospect than Huff was.

he was getting trucked in the National Championship game

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3260558 said:

one play and he was being blocked before the RB even ran him over. Any DB gets owned on that run.

rkell87

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3260558 said:

he isnt the hard hitting safety type of course he is gonna get trucked but he isnt afraid to tackle or get trucked plus his ball skills are worth it....not saying thats who i pick cause im torn thats why i asked you guys im just sayin

wick

Reaction score
I'm a massive UT homer, but this one is easily Iupati. Thomas' biggest plays for Texas came as the nickel corner, and I absolutely agree that he is not an NFL safety because he can't really tackle. Or I should say, it projects as a real weakness at the next level. He's maybe 5-11, 190 pounds, which is undersized for a safety.