Earl Thomas S Texas

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
A talented player that may fall or push another talented player down to us.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1026930

December 9, 2009

Olin Buchanan and Steve Megargee
Rivals.com College Football Staff

ORLANDO, Fla. - Texas safety Earl Thomas, a third-year sophomore, acknowledged Wednesday night that if he knew he would be a first-round choice, he would enter the NFL draft in April.
"I'll have to weigh my options to see what happens," Thomas said.
Thomas was at Disney's Wide World of Sports for Thursday night's annual College Football Awards Show. He's a finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award, which is presented to the nation's premier defensive back. Tennessee safety Eric Berry and Florida cornerback Joe Haden are the other finalists.
When asked if he'd enter the draft if he felt he'd be a first-round pick, Thomas said he would. First-round picks earn seven-figure salaries, and Thomas said he couldn't pass up that much money.
"I've never seen that kind of money," he said. "Nobody from my family has ever seen it. I'm definitely not going to turn it down."
Thomas, a first team All-Big 12 selection, has eight interceptions and has returned two of them for touchdowns. He has the speed and athletic ability to play cornerback as well as safety.
Players are eligible to enter the NFL draft three years after their graduating high school class.
Thomas also said he wouldn't dwell on the subject until after Texas plays Alabama for the national championship on Jan. 8.
121009-TXEARLTHOMAS_250.JPG

Texas sophomore Earl Thomas is considering entering the NFL draft.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I snatch him up in a heartbeat

let Sensy and Hamlin (cut) both walk

start the other Hamlin at Strong and Thomas at Free

The Realist

Reaction score
Now he's backtracking.

Before he was certain he wasn't coming out.

He is legit.

Ed Reed like ability.

He is one of 3 guys I take in one w/o blinking.

2 of them we have no shot at........

Suh, Berry, Thomas.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Never, ever, ever pay any attention to an underclassmen before their Bowl Game. They always say they are staying. They don't want their team or coaches to feel like they are already thinking about moving on. Then they think...12 units of classes and football practice every day vs a million dollars and football? Hmmm....

Look at the underclassmen who have declared so far...

Sam Bradford Oklahoma - season-ending surgery
Dez White Oklahoma State - suspended
Dezmon Briscoe Kansas - no Bowl game, Coach isn't returning
Golden Tate & Jimmy Clausen Notre Dame - no Bowl game, Coach isn't returning

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3134309 said:
I snatch him up in a heartbeat

let Sensy and Hamlin (cut) both walk

start the other Hamlin at Strong and Thomas at Free

I'm down for that.

Sensabaugh is turning out to be pure garbage. I tried to give the guy a break..but he's playing awful these last 5 or so games.

Whatever makes the team better.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Michael Hamlin has been sick this year.

Im down w/ Earl Thomas. I previously wanted Berry or no safety, but Thomas is legit.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Chris in SoCal;3134397 said:
Never, ever, ever pay any attention to an underclassmen before their Bowl Game. They always say they are staying.

And players from UT generally do...

Part of the reason for that is the percentage of friendly, drop-dead gorgeous girls in and around Austin... you can't believe how many honeys per square mile they have down there... and those lasses like them some Longhorns football players... :D

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;3134982 said:
And players from UT generally do...

Part of the reason for that is the percentage of friendly, drop-dead gorgeous girls in and around Austin... you can't believe how many honeys per square mile they have down there... and those lasses like them some Longhorns football players... :D

I can definitley relate to Earl Thomas then.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3134899 said:
I'm down for that.

Sensabaugh is turning out to be pure garbage. I tried to give the guy a break..but he's playing awful these last 5 or so games.

Whatever makes the team better.

and anyways Sensy would probably want a good-sized contract

he's a SS

no way

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
If Thomas happens to be on the board when our pick comes up, we better take him......otherwise, I will cry like Linus when his blanket is missing.

The Realist

Reaction score
No way we would pass on him.

We've been looking for a ballhawk S for a very long time.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I called the Earl Thomas awesomeness early in the season.