Earl Thomas to Ravens

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Because giving those huge FA contracts to La’Roi Glover, Ken Hamlin, Leonard Davis, Rocket Ismail, TO, Marco Rivera and a half dozen others over the years were instrumental in all those Super Bowl titles we won with them.

Wait
So because they got burned on a couple of contacts, they will forever avoid another free agent.

Great strategy bro.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Given how they have lowballed Beasley, you are on the wrong track thinking our price range is anything close to reasonable.

I don't think anyone but the useless, untalented or desperate come down into our neighborhood.

I’m sure you don’t.

They didn’t lowball Beasley so much as decided he’s not getting a 3rd contract unless the market rejected him, which obviously didn’t happen.

I wasn’t down on $14MM per for Thomas, regardless. Though $11MM was looking pretty good to me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looking over what other teams have done in the division and they haven't knocked my socks off. We'll see where we are at August 31st.

How about this 10-win team? The one that lost their second and third best pass rushers and still has their best one unsigned and injured? Are they "knocking your socks off"?

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
Every team every year overpays, do you really think good players are going to take less money to play here?

Absolutely not, they will NEVER take the same OR less money because as I said in another post the Jones' are a complete detriment to this team. They are billionaire bumpkins. Most young players in the NFL don't want to play for guys like that. They simply don't have a lot in common really. So it IS all about the money and most of the money on this team is spoken for at this point: Dak (like it or not), Zeke and our other core young guys, etc...TON of cheddar needed to sign them. Not defending the Jones', but they've painted themselves into a corner again and they trust McClay to dig them out in the draft. I like him and think he's good at his job but not great like some on here think. Taco was a horrible pick and won't develop unless he gets a heart transplant soon.

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
He might be worth it if there wasn't a salary cap.

There is a salary cap.

He's not worth that.

Not many are.

Bang. He would be 3-4 years ago and 2 major injuries ago. NOT NOW. Man.....guys on here are just stubborn as hell.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Wooohooo! Finally someone signed that injury prone overrated safety. Dallas should be glad they didnt waste 10 or 12 mil a year on him. Thomas was good 5 years ago but has been no better than Jeff Heath the last few years.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would you rather overpay a player that makes the team better or let that cap money sit there unused like last season?

We'd rather waste over $20 million this year on "team leaders" who don't perform on the field.

Crawford
Lee
Hurns
Witten
Heath

Most "leadership" in the entire league!!!!!!

ondaedg

Reaction score
Nobody said he wasn’t going to get paid, but some of us didn’t want him for that kind of coin missing all those games the last 3 years and being 30 years old.

He is arguably the best safety in the league and was leading the NFL in INTs when he got hurt. He deserved every penny and the fact we weren't even in the same galaxy as the Ravens' offer shows how clueless our front office is at free agency.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How about this 10-win team? The one that lost their second and third best pass rushers and still has their best one unsigned and injured? Are they "knocking your socks off"?

Gregory was a loss. I'm not counting on Lawrence missing the season. Irving played little this year so I hope you're not counting him.

ondaedg

Reaction score
We're at the point of the off-season where it no longer matters. This team will not improve themselves in free agency no matter what they end up doing. The real upgrades are gone. It's on to the draft with no first round pick and in the meantime look for their QB to become the most overpaid player in the league as they waste more years with him under center.

Yep. The big impact players are off the board. Now we have to focus on macro small-impact signings to try and make that up. Teams that we're looking for big changes made big moves.

Reaction score
He might be worth it if there wasn't a salary cap.

There is a salary cap.

He's not worth that.

Not many are.

When is everyone going to learn that this contract was not 4 years, $55 million, in reality? It's only $32 million of guaranteed money, and that's spread over 4 years.

basstapp

Reaction score
Ah, here it comes.

The "Boy we sure are lucky we didn't get this bum" posts.

hardly, but I wouldn't want to pay him that when we have to lock up zeek, cooper, dak, and lawrence. We didn't get destroyed through the passing game against the rams. We got destroyed in the run game, put your resources in the trenches.

ondaedg

Reaction score
So because they got burned on a couple of contacts, they will forever avoid another free agent.

Great strategy bro.

Yep. They got burned because they made horrible FA signings. A lot of teams make good FA signings and are consistently successful at it. We're just not one of them.

_sturt_

Reaction score
When is everyone going to learn that this contract was not 4 years, $55 million, in reality? It's only $32 million of guaranteed money, and that's spread over 4 years.

Um. It's only that, but $22m is coming in that first year. That matters.

ondaedg

Reaction score

And that's about $14mil mire in guaranteed that our front office was willing to give.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gregory was a loss. I'm not counting on Lawrence missing the season. Irving played little this year so I hope you're not counting him.

I’m not.

But that wasn’t my question. Do those situations “knock your socks off”?

You were downplaying other teams moves and labeling critics of a team getting worse not better at this point as “whining” so that gives the indication that you’re perfectly fine with the way things are transpiring right now.