Early Games thread

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
It honestly hurts seeing two good defenses playing knowing darn well that could be our defense. Smh.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Both teams give up more yards and points than Dallas does.

That’s because Dallas played low end teams for the first 3 weeks vs Tampa and Carolina playing actual decent/above average teams for basically their entire schedule. Tampa has played the Giants (who with Jones is actually decent enough to put points up), Saints, 49ers, Rams, and the Panthers pre-Allen. Carolina has played the Rams, Bucs, Jaguars, Texans, and Cardinals. All these teams are capable of putting up points vs the Dallas teams: Miami, Washington, NYG (Eli), Saints (L), and GB (blowout 34 points).

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
How the heck is Carolina so good with Allen

Cause that Carolina team has a passion to win. Their team celebrates with each other and they look energized. That can transfer to the field and it helps their level of play. Dallas does not have that. Also, Cam was hurt and it dragged this team down. A lot. A bad QB can hurt a team a lot. Allen is doing pretty good for a backup.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
These games are so dumb. They could have the two best teams in the league playing over there and it would suck.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Horrible way to evaluate defensive performance

You didn't offer a so called "better" way. The Aikman efficiency ratings also have the Dallas defense ranked higher than either the Bucs or Panthers. His rankings incorporate all sorts of stats.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
You didn't offer a so called "better" way. The Aikman efficiency ratings also have the Dallas defense ranked higher than either the Bucs or Panthers. His rankings incorporate all sorts of stats.

Stats don’t tell the whole story. Period. A “good” defense doesn’t let a RB continuously run TD’s on you. Dallas’ D will fall in the ranks once they play good teams. The Bucs and Panthers have played some pretty good teams so far, which skews the stats.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Stats don’t tell the whole story. Period. A “good” defense doesn’t let a RB continuously run TD’s on you. Dallas’ D will fall in the ranks once they play good teams. The Bucs and Panthers have played some pretty good teams so far, which skews the stats.

I don't rely on stats to tell the whole story. I've watched both teams play this year. They don't have significantly better defenses than Dallas. All three are about the same. You speak as if there is a great difference between Dallas and the other two and there isn't. You would complain if Dallas was fielding either one of those 2 defenses instead of the one they trot out each week.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I don't rely on stats to tell the whole story. I've watched both teams play this year. They don't have significantly better defenses than Dallas. All three are about the same. You speak as if there is a great difference between Dallas and the other two and there isn't. You would complain if Dallas was fielding either one of those 2 defenses instead of the one they trot out each week.

I doubt it because these teams actually get sacks and force turnovers. Dallas does not. They are not on the same level and I fail to see how you could possibly think that. This Panthers team has more interceptions and sacks in this one game than the Dallas team has had through 5 weeks. I would be elated if our defense was this good. No complaints whatsoever.

This Panthers D is more like the “hotboyz” than our Dallas team is. Also way more energetic than our “Hotboyz” team is.