Early Games Thread

NickZepp

Reaction score
Exciting player. The cuts he makes on a dime are freakish. But you can't have a RB getting hurt every 50-70 carries or so.
It also feels like he's either getting a big play or getting nothing when he is healthy. Like the game against us he had the one carry for 40 yards or whatever and the other 13 carries he had maybe 30 yards.

NickZepp

Reaction score
...he reminds me a lot of Eli Manning. It's crazy how the Giants found his clone. Except Jones has mobility.
Eli at least won 2 Super Bowls and was pretty good at throwing all the passes. Not sure Jones can consistently throw as good as Eli.

If the Giants end up being as good as they've looked like they are though I would stick with Jones at QB. There's no guarantee that they can get a QB as good as Jones in the draft.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Hate these pushing the ball carrier by the offense. Used to be a penalty back in the day, players can get hurt.

Now, GET OFF MY LAWN.......:laugh:

pansophy

Reaction score
...he reminds me a lot of Eli Manning. It's crazy how the Giants found his clone. Except Jones has mobility.
Hmmm...hadn't thought of him that way. I think Giant fans underestimate Jones, but Manning could kill you with a clean pocket. I don't think Jones is that dangerous but he definitely better than a lot guys that are starting out there.

Flamma

Reaction score
Eli at least won 2 Super Bowls and was pretty good at throwing all the passes. Not sure Jones can consistently throw as good as Eli.

If the Giants end up being as good as they've looked like they are though I would stick with Jones at QB. There's no guarantee that they can get a QB as good as Jones in the draft.

I agree with you. The problem is what they'd have to pay him. QBs want market value at the end of their rookie deal. I'm not sure I'd pay Jones 45M a year. No, I am sure that I wouldn't.

Carson

Reaction score
As much as I am sure some of us want the Packers to lose, the Cowboys benefit more if the Giants lose for both division record and conference record reasons.
Bingo. It looks like the East / wildcard will be super close. Every loss is helpful to Dallas

NickZepp

Reaction score
As much as I am sure some of us want the Packers to lose, the Cowboys benefit more if the Giants lose for both division record and conference record reasons.

As everyone predicted this year the NFC East may just be the best division in all of football and it may not even be close.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Man those big bad Packers don't look very big and bad anymore.

Rodgers and Adams needed each other. It was never one or the other making the other guy. Together, they were really good. Rodgers no longer has that threat that scares you. Adams now is working with Carr and we know that isn't going to deliver big success. Packers struggled to beat Tampa who was without all their weapons on offense. They are pretty much the Giants these days. Rodgers without Adams and other weapons is now Daniel Jones grinding out wins and a lot of it looking ugly.

pansophy

Reaction score
I don't know who 5 is for the Giants but he is getting held every rush.

NickZepp

Reaction score
I agree with you. The problem is what they'd have to pay him. QBs want market value at the end of their rookie deal. I'm not sure I'd pay Jones 45M a year. No, I am sure that I wouldn't.
QB market is pretty ridiculous. We paid Dak all that money and he probably is about to not even be a top 10 paid QB in a year or two most likely.